Yes, He Can- so what is he hiding?

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Yes, He Can- so what is he hiding?

Barack Obama refuses to release the names of the 2 million-plus people who have given his campaign less than $200. According to campaign officials, it would be too difficult and time-consuming to extract this information from its database.

So how come we were able to do it in a couple hours? Not literally—we don't have access to the campaign's list of donors—but we created a database of similar size and format in a Web-ready file and posted it online. (You can view a sample text version of it here. The full version is...

Barack Obama should be able to disclose his small-dollar donors pretty easily. - By John Dickerson and Chris Wilson - Slate Magazine

Obama aides also deflect the question about the names of the campaign's low-dollar donors by saying that the McCain has lapsed in reporting the names of more than 100,000 donors. They're right—and they illustrate the point by helpfully pointing to an online spreadsheet. Which also proves our point that it's easy to put this data together in a digestible form. So how 'bout it, guys?
emphasis added

Why does he refuse to release the names of these donors?

Last edited:
If you are looking for a reason I would imagine that with such a large number of small donors it's inevitable that some undesirables sent him money and are on the list. Those names can be used to hurt Senator Obama's campaign so naturally they will refuse to release them as he isn't legally obligated to do so.

What's he hiding?

A list of potenital future donors worth one hell of a lot of money, that's what he's hiding.

If you owed a list of donors worth millions of dollars would you just give it away?

What's he hiding?

A list of potenital future donors worth one hell of a lot of money, that's what he's hiding.

If you owed a list of donors worth millions of dollars would you just give it away?

Show me the law that says you have to make a list of the donors.

Show me the law that says you have to make a list of the donors.

Was that really directed at me?

Did I suggest that there was a law that made it necessary for him to share that list?

I believe there is a threshold of donation amonts where you must make those donors known, but as to small donations?

That is not public information, as I understand those laws.

Now if Obama has (as we're informed) the names of hundreds of thousands of small donors, that list is worth millions of dollars to political candidates.

Why should he give that away?

More importantly, who gives a shit? Only the corporate donors really matter, because they are the ones who try nad buy the votes in Congress through their lobbyists, BOTH parties are guilty of this....

Was that really directed at me?

No, it was directed at CaféAuLait. He seems to think that a list of Obama's donors are important. I think they should remain private. There is absolutely no law that forces Obama to turn over his list. It's ridiculous.

No, it was directed at CaféAuLait. He seems to think that a list of Obama's donors are important. I think they should remain private. There is absolutely no law that forces Obama to turn over his list. It's ridiculous.

It's she by the by. And no, I never said there was a law-- I think the excuses are ridiculous as to why they can’t release the list. Don't you?

CaféAuLait;872097 said:
It's she by the by. And no, I never said there was a law-- I think the excuses are ridiculous as to why they can’t release the list. Don't you?

Nope. Since they're not required to, they don't have to if they don't want to. It's irrelevant.

caféaulait;870540 said:
yes, He Can- So What Is He Hiding?

barack Obama Should Be Able To Disclose His Small-dollar Donors Pretty Easily. - By John Dickerson And Chris Wilson - Slate Magazine

Emphasis Added

Why Does He Refuse To Release The Names Of These Donors?

$1225470746103.jpg

And don't forget, Jesus was a community organizer. That bastard. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

OOps what? She released the same as Obama did, why is that an “oops”? Did you misunderstand what I typed? Just because you all demanded such mean nothing-- by the way did you read it? Proof Trig is her son. Blah.

I could not imagine the outrage if it were suggested that Obama's daughters were the result of Incest as the media did and SNL did. Or just inferred that MO was not the mom. Obama supporters disgust me with the double standards shit.

CaféAuLait;878288 said:
OOps what? She released the same as Obama did, why is that an “oops”? Did you misunderstand what I typed? Just because you all demanded such mean nothing-- by the way did you read it? Proof Trig is her son. Blah.

I could not imagine the outrage if it were suggested that Obama's daughters were the result of Incest as the media did and SNL did. Or just inferred that MO was not the mom. Obama supporters disgust me with the double standards shit.

You were making fun of Obama for releasing a doctor's note, then when Palin does it, well it's ok because it's what Obama did. See, I lean to the left slightly, but at least I can criticize the left when they're wrong. For instance: Al Gore is a fucking hypocrite. See?

Do you so blindly follow the right wing that they can do no wrong? If your party and the people that are running in your party are always right, shouldn't they live up to a higher standard? Shouldn't Palin release her entire medical records not a doctor's note because, well, Republicans are superior to Democrats?

Forum List

Back