Yes, Another Thing BO Said That Isn't Happening

It takes a considerable amount of time to find web developers capable of publishing such information, as it is very complex in nature. My thoughts are that we will need to increase funding towards a new "czar" that will be call "Federal Head of Web Development for Governmental Reporting". We could definitely use the additional spending.

:lol: That was sarcasm?

Yeppers ;)

Sure, but the stimulus-tracking .gov website needs to collect all the data on an ongoing basis 24/7 from all those states/counties/cities/hamlets/agencies/whatever. If they're not on the same page, literally, then what good is the website?

In the meantime, several independent watchdog sites have appeared. This one does a daily tracking of projects:

Stimulus Watch: Keeping an Eye on Economic Recovery Spending

I have a problem with watchdog groups of any sort, they always have a slant on things.

However, as for the tracking, Linux uses MySQL as a default database, just install Ubuntu on all their computers and there won't be any conflicts, the updates can then be automated and the databases synchronized with little effort, and they wouldn't even have to relearn how to use computers (Ubuntu is as easy as Windoze to use). It's not as difficult as it sounds, or at least as some make it sound. I've done it between businesses before, it's what I do for a living (freelance). Doing it with a Windoze system would require a bit more work, but even then it's do-able.

You can click on any specific project listed in the stimuluswatch.org site. But I seriously doubt anyone who posts here intends to do that. Nor would they take time to read any great long pdf entry or probably even the .gov website when it's up. Where this issue is concerned, they're only here to amuse themselves with their caustic comments. Being temporarily smug is always an upper.

Did you even read the site you linked?

We do this by allowing you, citizens around the country with local knowledge about the proposed "shovel-ready" projects in your city, to find, discuss and rate those projects. These projects are not part of the stimulus bill.

First, this isn't updated by the government. It's updated by people who live in the same area as the project is supposed to be in.

Oh...and that second sentence...you know...not part of the stimulus bill.

Iriemon said:
Misleading title. Your own article say that it will be happening, just as Obama said.

Sorry but wrong. He said we would be able to track them. The site isn't ready.

We can't.

Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board. Transparency.

Now that is funny.

Because he said it was. He is Obama. Everyone should fall into line and do everything he suggests.

It's to make the country better. Just ask him, he'll tell you.

One of my ex's had a shirt with a saying similar to that on it.

"I'm a nice guy, just ask me". Should have been my first clue he was a scumbag.:lol:

The reason Obama is screwing over the bondholders is obvious. The unions helped buy his entrance to the WH and need to be paid off now. So what if the folks with pensions and stock options needed for retirement are hurt...wonder how many of them voted for the guy who is now stealing from them...bet they didn't see that coming....oops.

Thank you for proving to me further what I believe because for you to call him a "scumbag" is exactly why I'm so glad that we're on opposite ends of the political spectrum. You're the reason I'm pro-choice

You in love with my ex? You can have him....you little drama queen. :cuckoo:

One of my ex's had a shirt with a saying similar to that on it.

"I'm a nice guy, just ask me". Should have been my first clue he was a scumbag.:lol:

The reason Obama is screwing over the bondholders is obvious. The unions helped buy his entrance to the WH and need to be paid off now. So what if the folks with pensions and stock options needed for retirement are hurt...wonder how many of them voted for the guy who is now stealing from them...bet they didn't see that coming....oops.

Thank you for proving to me further what I believe because for you to call him a "scumbag" is exactly why I'm so glad that we're on opposite ends of the political spectrum. You're the reason I'm pro-choice

Uh huh, and did you notice she said "one of my" ex's?? You kinda hafta wonder who's the scumbag if she's running through significant others like water. Maybe they were escaping.

Jealous are you?

Uh huh, and did you notice she said "one of my" ex's?? You kinda hafta wonder who's the scumbag if she's running through significant others like water. Maybe they were escaping.

Jealous are you?

Yes, we're all jealous of you, how did you know?:clap2:

Yes, I really give a shit about your past dating life, again, thank you for proving to me why I'm pro-choice

Ah yes reminds one of the old saw about how "The bureaucracy is expending to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy."

Misleading title. Your own article say that it will be happening, just as Obama said.

Ummm, the point of this is "when"? The stimulus was passed months ago. He must be busy working on a plan for the soon to be released prisoners at Gitmo...... :eusa_whistle:

And of course stopping the War on Terror.... :lol:

Overseas Contingency planning at least refer to it correctly, ok? Jeez the War on Terror is Bush.....:lol:

Jealous are you?

Yes, we're all jealous of you, how did you know?:clap2:

Yes, I really give a shit about your past dating life, again, thank you for proving to me why I'm pro-choice

Don't hate because you can't read worth shit. Your deflecting is quite amusing actually.

didn't obama claim he was tech savvy....

more promise the world and get a pebble instead

Great point. The problem is that he isn't up to speed on ASP, which is what Biden demands the new website's format to be in. Because no one messes with Joe, we will need to fund the training and education of a new branch of the Federal government to learn and excel at ASP in order to create this site.
Isn't ASP proprietary to Microsloth?

Why ASP and not PHP? OR Perl, or Ruby?

Seems a pretty lame excuse that we can't get what we need now because the government needs to do it in a sloppy (I am guessing, because it is Microsloth) standard that very few folks use.

Good thing they arn't doing it in COBOL or ADA.

didn't obama claim he was tech savvy....

more promise the world and get a pebble instead

Great point. The problem is that he isn't up to speed on ASP, which is what Biden demands the new website's format to be in. Because no one messes with Joe, we will need to fund the training and education of a new branch of the Federal government to learn and excel at ASP in order to create this site.
Isn't ASP proprietary to Microsloth?

Why ASP and not PHP? OR Perl, or Ruby?

Seems a pretty lame excuse that we can't get what we need now because the government needs to do it in a sloppy (I am guessing, because it is Microsloth) standard that very few folks use.

Good thing they arn't doing it in COBOL or ADA.

Actually, ASP is Unix which was ported to the others, it's old but is still used sometimes and not everyone is up on tech. CGI script is actually now the standard, but since the letters mean two things people often get it confused and will even think that CGI scripts are ASP. Servers are mostly either Unix or Linux, very few are Windoze and none are Mac OS (Mac uses a Unix backbone so it's redundant). PHP would be the best choice simply for compatibility reasons. However, the government has a contract with Microsoft, though I don't know if the contract effects it, but they may have to use what MS chooses for them, which would likely be ASP. It's the only reason MS is still strong enough to survive, without all the contracts Bill negotiated, the new CEO would have ruined them by now.

It takes a considerable amount of time to find web developers capable of publishing such information, as it is very complex in nature. My thoughts are that we will need to increase funding towards a new "czar" that will be call "Federal Head of Web Development for Governmental Reporting". We could definitely use the additional spending.

I could do it.. if I had an enormous staff to coordinate to get the project done.

It would be a huge task, but not really so technically complex, I think.

The hardest part would be developing the system such that the summary of spending was linked additional data (like the terms of the contracts) for those interested in studying the nuts and bolts of the spending programs.

I SUSPECT the hardest administrative task is getting the data to put on the website in the first place.

All that enormous amounts of data will be coming from multiple departments which probably have no staff whose job it is to pass that data to the webdevelopment team.

Just guessing, of course, but the administrative information bottlenecks must be snarled as hell since what Obama is doing has never (or hardly ever) really been done by our government before.

But what he is attemtping to do should be SOP for ALL government spending NOW.

This is, in my opinion, one of the healthiest things for this democratic republic this POTUS is trying to do.

Almost EVERYTHING that the government does, or is planning do do (and fiancial data on it) , should be TRANSPARENT to any citizen who wants to look it up.

But it's going to take time to get this government used to making that data available to the public, and to create that administration flow of data to the website development teams, too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back