Yep...London is more violent than New York city....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is from Britain.....a country, an island, that banned and confiscated guns....

Notice...it was Rudy Guiliani's methods that lowered New York's crime rate...and deblasio and the democrats are working on getting rid of those methods...

London now more dangerous than New York City, crime stats suggest

While both London and New York have populations of around 8 million, figures suggest you are almost six times more likely to be burgled in the British capital than in the US city, and one and a half times more likely to fall victim to a robbery.

London has almost three times the number of reported rapes and while the murder rate in New York remains higher, the gap is narrowing dramatically.

The change in fortunes of the two global cities has been put down largely to the difference in tactics adopted by the two police forces.

Both Scotland Yard and the New York City Police Department (NYPD) have just over 30,000 officers each and budgets of around £3 billion a year.

But in the mid-1990s spiralling crime rates in New York - sparked by the crack cocaine epidemic - resulted in radical a new approach being adopted by the city's police department.

Under the leadership of Mayor Rudy Giuliani, and police commissioner, Bill Bratton, the NYPD introduced a zero tolerance approach to low level crime and flooded problem areas with patrols.

The force also put a huge amount of emphasis on community policing in order to build bridges between the police and members of the public.

As a result the murder plummeted from a high in 1990 of over 2,000 to a record low of 335 last year.

That figure is expected to fall even lower this year, and is currently in line to dip below 240.

The figures for London is based on the Greater Metro area, two and one half times that of NYC. Check your data.

The figures for London is based on the Greater Metro area, two and one half times that of NYC. Check your data.

Not my data....this is the British saying this....they should know....

They have the data wrong, and misinterpret, as you do.

This is about burglary and sexual assault, not guns.

You always fail in these arguments. Always.

They have the data wrong, and misinterpret, as you do.

This is about burglary and sexual assault, not guns.

You always fail in these arguments. Always.

I didn't say London had more gun crime, in this thread.....it has increased it's gun crime as I have shown over and over....the thread states that London is more violent than New York.....and it is...

That I point out that Britain banned guns...shows what happens when you take guns away from normal, law abiding people.....violent crimes against them go up..since they can't stop them.

the Greater Metro area, two and one half times that of NYC.

And apparently the same population.

While both London and New York have populations of around 8 million, figures suggest you are almost six times more likely to be burgled in the British capital than in the US city, and one and a half times more likely to fall victim to a robbery.

I gave up on Londonistan a long time ago.

Totally fucked.

While both London and New York have populations of around 8 million, figures suggest you are almost six times more likely to be burgled in the British capital than in the RUS city, and one and a half times more likely to fall victim to a robbery.
Apparently not. The figure London is the greater metro, not the city, and they don't have the same populations.

The interesting thing? The government told the British people....you don't have much gun murder, you have one mass shooting every 10 years or so....but give up your guns, and you will be safer....we will keep you safe.

They gave up their legal guns, guns the law abiding people were not using to commit crimes.....

Now, their country is more violent than it was before, and their gun crime rate is going up...and up........

You're only talking about London crime stats because Agent Orange tweeted about them.

You're only talking about London crime stats because Agent Orange tweeted about them.

No.....I posted about them because they came up on London crime news.....I didn't know Trump tweeted about them till after......unlike you, I am not part of the Borg Collective......I don't parrot whatever the left thinks simply because they say it.....I am a free thinker....

While both London and New York have populations of around 8 million, figures suggest you are almost six times more likely to be burgled in the British capital than in the RUS city, and one and a half times more likely to fall victim to a robbery.
Apparently not. The figure London is the greater metro, not the city, and they don't have the same populations.

You should inform the Daily Telegraph.
Be sure to post their response.

Odd, coming from an OP that hates both cities.

Who said I hate these cities?

It gave the lefty a way to deflect from your very valid point, without addressing the point at all.

That's what is important.

That it has no relation with the Truth, what so ever, is completely irrelevant to them.

Note that not only did the lefty dodge and deflect from the point but did so in a manner to make YOU the topic, in a negative fashion.

Pretty standard.

The City of New York, often called New York City or simply New York, is the most populous city in the United States.[9] With an estimated 2016 population of 8,537,673[7] distributed over a land area of about 302.6 square miles (784 km2),[10][11]

London has a diverse range of people and cultures, and more than 300 languages are spoken in the region.[42] Its estimated mid-2016 municipal population (corresponding to Greater London) was 8,787,892,[3] the largest of any city in the European Union,[43] and accounting for 13.4% of the UK population.

And correct Wikipedia while you're at it................

Greater London, on which the data is mined, is 2.5 times larger.

If we were in error, like Todd, the numbers are not about guns or murder, but about burglary and sexual assault.

If we were in error, like Todd, the numbers are not about guns or murder, but about burglary and sexual assault.

Does the larger area mean that the higher number of crimes with the same population is somehow an invalid statistic?

New Topics

Forum List

Back