Yep, It’s Official: Elizabeth Warren Did Not Pay Voluntary Higher Tax Rate in MA

700 K.

She's a 1%er.

I don't hear the left blasting her for being out of touch.

Because she's not out of touch. She has consistently lambasted the right for ripping the heart of the middle class, the result being the US might be turning into the same type of countries you have in south america - 1% very rich, the rest very poor...

She lives in a 5 million dollar house (if you believe what is printed....).

What would she know about what has happened to the middle class.

She is an academic.

We have one of those in the W.H. and you can see how that is working out for us. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

So she is on record calling for the rich to pay this voluntary tax?

She is calling on the rich to pay higher taxes, yet she herself, with the opportunity to do so and actually walk the talk she's been giving, chose not to. It's called hypocrisy, but you already knew that, so cut the phony inquiry.

So she is on record calling for the rich to pay this voluntary tax?

She is calling on the rich to pay higher taxes, yet she herself, with the opportunity to do so and actually walk the talk she's been giving, chose not to. It's called hypocrisy, but you already knew that, so cut the phony inquiry.

She's calling on the rich to pay higher taxes? That's her policy prescription? "Hey, why don't you guys pay higher taxes? Please?"

Or is she calling for changes to the tax code? Let me guess, you can't fathom what the difference might be between those two things.

Yep, It

Earlier this week Elizabeth Warren was asked by the Boston Globe a seemingly simple and straightforward question about her taxes: In 2011, did she pay the 5.85% rate (which is voluntary) on her Massachusetts state tax form? Since 2001, as I explained in a previous post, residents of the Commonwealth have had the option – if they so choose – to pay a higher tax rate than the 5.3% minimum. And since the former consumer advocate raked in more than $700,000 last year, the Globe believed their inquiry was an appropriate and reasonable one. At the time, however, she refused to answer the question and though I was quick to criticize her silence, I acknowledged that it was still possible she paid the top rate. Unsurprisingly – according to the Brown campaign – it’s clear she did not.

The left is only good at raising people's taxes

not paying them

700 K.

She's a 1%er.

I don't hear the left blasting her for being out of touch.

Because she's not out of touch. She has consistently lambasted the right for ripping the heart of the middle class, the result being the US might be turning into the same type of countries you have in south america - 1% very rich, the rest very poor...

She is an academic.

We have one of those in the W.H. and you can see how that is working out for us. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Only poor people can advocate for the poor? You should tell Bono and Bill Gates that...

She knows plenty...and tried to fix it, but for political reasons Obama cut her off at the knees.

Yeah, I know, god forbid educated people run things!

Of those who earn more than 250K yearly and post on this board, I doubt one pays more taxes voluntarily.

This OP has no significance.

Wrong...as usual.

It has been posted that Romney has given close to 20% of his salary away to "charity". I am not sure what that means. I am sure he tithes to the LDS church so there would need to be some details. That is over and above his taxes.

That is what the GOP believes. It has been postited and somehwhat supported that conservatives are more generous than liberals when it comes to time and money.

Joe Biden has been less than large hearted as has been discussed before: Mitt Romney gave millions to charity. Joe Biden gave $369

Read more: Mitt Romney gave millions to charity. Joe Biden gave $369 | Mail Online

But the feeling on the part of the left is that government IS the way our money should go all in the name of fairness.

But the left does not see any need to seed the effort or accelerate by giving any more of their means than is required by law EVEN THOUGH THEY DON"T THINK THAT IS ENOUGH.

What is with that ?

She is an academic.

Only poor people can advocate for the poor? You should tell Bono and Bill Gates that...

She knows plenty...and tried to fix it, but for political reasons Obama cut her off at the knees.

Yeah, I know, god forbid educated people run things!

Bono and Bill Gates are not trying to raise my taxes. She can advocate for the poor all she wants....just leave me out of her schemes (and lest you feel inclined to say something about not wanting to help......I do help in my own way).

Yes, let's forbid academics with no real world experience from running things.

So what you're saying is that liberals don't act according to their stated values unless everyone else is forced to act accordingly?

If the stated value is an equitable tax code, it's impossible to "act according" to that proposal without altering the tax code. I haven't seen any suggestion in this thread that Warren doesn't favor doing that.

I'm curious if anyone who believes the deficit/debt is the nation's biggest problem has voluntarily paid extra income taxes in the last decade or so. If not, why?

Warren would vote to raise her own tax rate...

Would Scott Brown or Mitt Romney?

No, why should they?

All you dumb fucking turds don't have a clue what this is about. We know you're all hell bent to raise our taxes. What this Warren bitch made perfectly clear is that you don't practice what you preach. You won't do voluntarily what you want to ram down everyone else's throat.

The fact that you're willing to squirm like any worm and do what the law compels you to is nothing admirable. The fact that you're willing to impose taxes on others and compel them to fund you schemes is nothing admirable, and it certainly isn't charity.

Bono and Bill Gates are not trying to raise my taxes. She can advocate for the poor all she wants....just leave me out of her schemes (and lest you feel inclined to say something about not wanting to help......I do help in my own way).

Yes, let's forbid academics with no real world experience from running things.

Well, look at what happens when you get ordinary folk running the show - you get a FUBAR like Bush...

As long as she is wiling to pay more taxes, I don't have a problem with it

Yep, It

Earlier this week Elizabeth Warren was asked by the Boston Globe a seemingly simple and straightforward question about her taxes: In 2011, did she pay the 5.85% rate (which is voluntary) on her Massachusetts state tax form? Since 2001, as I explained in a previous post, residents of the Commonwealth have had the option – if they so choose – to pay a higher tax rate than the 5.3% minimum. And since the former consumer advocate raked in more than $700,000 last year, the Globe believed their inquiry was an appropriate and reasonable one. At the time, however, she refused to answer the question and though I was quick to criticize her silence, I acknowledged that it was still possible she paid the top rate. Unsurprisingly – according to the Brown campaign – it’s clear she did not.

Of those who earn more than 250K yearly, post on this board and call for higher taxes and yet refuse to pay when given the chance voluntarily,
are hypocrites.

This OP is significant. It just shows the Left's poor attempts at fueling class envy for cheap political gain.
So sad the Left wants to divide Americans so much and the people that want to cover for them.

Last edited:
Well, look at what happens when you get ordinary folk running the show - you get a FUBAR like Bush...

I'll take a Clinton or Reagan over Obama any day of the week. Bush was a moron. Gore was a moron. Kerry was a moron. Our pickings have been pretty poor lately.

Academics are still idiots.

Why don't you run Paul Krugman. He'd be great in a debate. :lol::lol:

She apparently isn't willing to pay them unless she is forced. What part of this thread hasn't explained that ?

I'll take a Clinton or Reagan over Obama any day of the week. Bush was a moron. Gore was a moron. Kerry was a moron. Our pickings have been pretty poor lately.

She apparently isn't willing to pay them unless she is forced. What part of this thread hasn't explained that ?

Nothing wrong with that either

Something for you antitax folk...From Kerry Packer - former media mogul in Australia at a parliamentary enquiry over print media. He owned a tv station, radio, station, magazines and newspapers (died about 8 years ago)..The part about tax is at the end, but he makes some good points in between..

BTW, the politician who mentions four corners - he is alluding to a programme that is similar to 60 minutes or 20/20

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnwYoOeWZGA]Kerry Packer on TAX a#9204 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with that either

Something for you antitax folk...From Kerry Packer - former media mogul in Australia at a parliamentary enquiry over print media. He owned a tv station, radio, station, magazine and newspapers (died about 8 years ago)..The part about tax is at the end, but he makes some good points in between..

BTW, the politician who mentions four corners - he is alluding to a programme that is similar to 60 minutes or 20/20

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnwYoOeWZGA]Kerry Packer on TAX a#9204 - YouTube[/ame]

So she's willing to pay more taxes if forced to pay more taxes ?

Somehow I guess that describes all of us.

But she is champion for the poor ! :lol::lol:

She is a hypocrite
straight up

Her intentions are for nothing more than political gain
no matter how she tries to cover it up in terms of "class envy"

The US has a spending problem
not a tax problem

Feeding the US gov't more tax money at this time would be useless
It would be like giving an addict more
The US gov't needs an "intervention"

We need to address spending first.

Last edited:
She is a hypocrite

straight up

The US has a spending problem
not a tax problem

Feeding the US gov't more tax money at this time would be useless
It would be like giving an addict more
The US gov't needs an "intervention"

We need to address spending first.

No, she is not a hypocrite at all. She would be if there was a tax hike and she complained about it..

Where are you spending too much money? Shall we start with the military and go from there?

Sorry,
but she is a hypocrite.

More so when her own state has a policy in place for people to do it
If she did it; it would make look more real, more genuine
Instead, she comes across as another sleazy politician using class envy for
political gain.

spending cuts

start with it all
military, sure... oddly that is one of the few areas Papa Obama has managed to cut
funny how that works...

Since that is cut, how about some other programs now

We could even do something as radical as say
get back to spending levels when Papa Obama came into office

Again.. using 2009 tax numbers from Reuters
There is about 8,000 people with incomes of $10 million per year or more —
Tax it all , it would only cover about 24 days of Federal spending, then

We could even double taxes for everyone and still not make our annual budget

Spending has gone up even more in 2010 and 2011
We have a spending problem, not a tax problem

Last edited:

Forum List