Yep! Islam is a religion of peace.

Says you.

Slavery lasted a long time in America ans was in fact justified by many Southerners as a right granted to them by God via the bible.

And was eliminated because conservative Christians determined that God did NOT provide them with that right.

Unlike their Muslim brethren, who still engage in a very active slave market...

Of course it is. It just isn't as pronounced because Western media is far more sophisticated.

What it is not is a " a global political attempt to bring some sort of stability to an area which threatens people of all nationalities and all races, in those countrie and outside of them."

That is the farthest thing from the truth.

The Iraq war is a power play by a largely Christian nation upon Arab peoples to keep the oil flowing to Washington and London.

You may not think it is a religious, but Arabs do.

Claptrap.
Except for the religious part of the Arabs...of course it's a religious thing to them. Which is exactly what I said. The two don't compare. Christians aren't out to "get" Muslims, just the opposite. You can justify it all you like.

A lot of the leadership both military and civilian are Christians. I know I've seen every single one of the current executive administration pronounce their Christian beliefs.

Same goes for a lot of military brass as well.

They are many, many evangelicals controlling the military. Look it up yourself. Almost of all the Generals and high ranking officers are Christians.

Oh I see, because "many" are Christians, you can just generalize and answer "The Military." HA HA HA You're a piece of work. That would be just as logical as me saying you're smart.

Lol. In other words, there are no current wars being waged by CHristians against those of other faiths because of their religion or a Christian desire, as a faith, to dominate the world and eliminate those of other religions.

Thanks. That's what I thought.
The rest is just you justifying others killing Christians because of a couple of incidents which took place centuries ago, and which were always politically motivated, rather than religiously motivated....got it.

This shows how close-minded you are to anything other than you're own idea of BS. So why do Islamic Terrorist organizations exist? Did they just come out of nowhere? Or did someone royally piss them off back in the day. I'll let you do the figuring. Like I said, according to our definitions of waging war for religious beliefs, we may not be doing so, but in their eyes they believe us to be encroaching on their land and religion. I'm sure even you are accustomed to the concept of Point-of-view. It doesn't really matter what we believe that we are or are not doing, it's what that they believe we are doing, hence the suicide bombing and wars against the west. World War II, believe it or not, stemmed from the effects of World War I. Oh wait!... you mean something in the past affected something in the future??? Allie if I really cared about what you say, I'd wonder about you.

Claptrap.
Except for the religious part of the Arabs...of course it's a religious thing to them. Which is exactly what I said. The two don't compare. Christians aren't out to "get" Muslims, just the opposite. You can justify it all you like.

Really? From McCain's wacko buddy Ron Parsley:

And what does Parsley preach, you might ask? Well, as it turns out, Parsley is notable for calling for the United States to be at war with Islam. Not violent Islamic extremists, mind you–the religion of Islam itself.

Parsley is not shy about his desire to obliterate Islam. In [his book] Silent No More, he notes—approvingly—that Christopher Columbus shared the same goal: “It was to defeat Islam, among other dreams, that Christopher Columbus sailed to the New World in 1492…Columbus dreamed of defeating the armies of Islam with the armies of Europe made mighty by the wealth of the New World. It was this dream that, in part, began America.” He urges his readers to realize that a confrontation between Christianity and Islam is unavoidable: “We find now we have no choice. The time has come.” And he has bad news: “We may already be losing the battle. As I scan the world, I find that Islam is responsible for more pain, more bloodshed, and more devastation than nearly any other force on earth at this moment.”

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/2008/03/mccains_spiritual_guide_wants_a_war_with_islam/

:rolleyes:

Claptrap.

Yes, they are.

Its just not as blatant and manifests itself through the security, access and consumption of oil.

At the end of the day, no matter what you think, it's a Christian U.S. nation invading a muslim Iraq and Afghanistan.

The prize of the plunder is access to oil.

Lol. In other words, there are no current wars being waged by CHristians against those of other faiths because of their religion or a Christian desire, as a faith, to dominate the world and eliminate those of other religions.

Thanks. That's what I thought.
The rest is just you justifying others killing Christians because of a couple of incidents which took place centuries ago, and which were always politically motivated, rather than religiously motivated....got it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army

The Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), formed in 1987, is a rebel self-proclaimed Christian guerrilla army operating mainly in northern Uganda and parts of Sudan. The group is engaged in an armed rebellion against the Ugandan government in what is now one of Africa's longest-running conflicts. It is led by Joseph Kony, who proclaims himself the "spokesperson" of God and a spirit medium, primarily of the Christian Holy Spirit which the Acholi believe can represent itself in many manifestations. The group claims to be establishing a theocratic state based on the Ten Commandments and Acholi tradition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concerned_Christians

Monte Kim Miller formed the Concerned Christians in Colorado, during the 1980s. Created as an element of the Christian countercult movement to combat New Age religious movements and anti-Christian sentiment, it has since become an apocalyptic Christian cult as the group adopted the less mainstream views of the millennium held by Miller. They disappeared from their homes and jobs in October 1998 and had been the subject of a search. They have links to Bob Betts and his cult of the same name based in Mesa, Arizona.

On January 3rd, 1999, they gained notoriety when they were arrested and deported from Israel as part of an Israeli effort to protect the Al-Aqsa mosque from extremist Christian groups, codenamed "Operation Walk on Water". The Concerned Christians were one of several independent groups who believed it must be destroyed to facilitate the return of Jesus Christ. The group is said to currently reside in Greece and its potential threat level has since been disputed.

Not only that but there are muslim groups supported by American interests whose sole purpose is to overthrow the government of Iran.

Very few major religions support aggressive war or terrorism - worth reading a review in today's Guardian about a new translation of the Qur'an (is it?) to see how bad translation produces dirivel-thinking. In all societies a very large number of people hate outsiders, as do masses of apparently-Christian posters, who don't seem to have heard the bit about the beam in their own eye (where are Muslim troops occupying Christian countries?). The point is that, like Protestantism, Islam allows for individual judgement, and, obviously,
to very many, 'the West' is the embodiment of anti-human evil, with its invasions, tortures, support of zionist racism, kidnapping and murder. Or did I miss something?

While I would agree, that Muslim Terrorism is far worse than militant Christians sects ever thought about being, I would also agree that there are many militant Christian groups that are terroristic.

Aryan Nations
Charles Martel Group
The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord (CSA)
Ku Klux Klan
Masada Action and Defense Movement
The Order
Army of God
The Lambs of Christ

Most of these are from the U.S., some are from France. There are far more terrorist groups of Islam origin, but Christian radicalism can be just as dangerous.

I guess if you weighed the shear numbers of militant Islamic Groups to Christian terroristic groups, one could say that (based on numbers) Islam would be more of a religion of war than Christianity, however, history shows that Christians are the only religion that believed in forced conversions and were far more militaristic and did not tolerate the muslims while the muslims tolerated christian existance--until the Crusades anyway. And the Bible is filled with stories of war.

You forgot the Patriot Movement and the Christian Identity Theory movement.

Forum List

Back