Yep! Islam is a religion of peace.

I am waiting for your evidence of violent christian militant groups....I have ONLY heard about the NLFT. And they were promply arrested. Other than that I cant see where you will be able to find any news about Christian militants trying to take over the world.

The US military.

I’ve participated in this game time and time again. There are militant violent Muslims. There are militant violent Christians. You can pull stuff from each group’s book to make it say what you want it to say. You can find anti-Islam stuff. You can find pro-Islam stuff. Instead of being so divisive: “We good. They bad” I like to believe that, for the overwhelming majority in each group, people are good.

I am just not impressed with the hunting and pecking of “anti anything” web finds. It is little more than a self-serving scavenger hunt. Find things that support your already-established prejudices. Have fun.

Howmany militant violent Christians are there, what percentage of the world-wide Christian population are they, and what are the names of the wars they are currently involved in?

The US military.

Biased assumption based on little or no factual informatin. Your usual routine.

I suggest you do some research before you make blind assumptions.
I can think of a show off the top of my head that will debate your POV. Watch a show called "Carrier." It's a show about the U.S.S. Nimitz and the crew that is aboard on a deployment. There's an episode on religion....watch it, and you'll find out there are many on the ship who are not religious or believe in God. Well, so much for your theory. :cuckoo:

If he's implying that, that's pretty stupid...and someone really needs to go tell my father he really wasn't an M.P.

What a boneheaduous thing for him to say...

That's his normal strategy. ---Say a boneheadous statement and back it up with boneheadous information that has nothing to do with the boneheadous statement.

Howmany militant violent Christians are there, what percentage of the world-wide Christian population are they, and what are the names of the wars they are currently involved in?

Aryan Nations
Charles Martel Group
The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord (CSA)
Ku Klux Klan
Masada Action and Defense Movement
The Order
Army of God
The Lambs of Christ
Neo-Nazi

In their minds, they're always at war. I, personally, would consider the IRA a radical Christian group as well. Just my opinion though. There are most certainly more Islam radical groups than Christian, but some would argue that Christians have fueled the rapid increase of Islamic radical groups. Even though I'm a Christian, I know enough history to know that Christian treatment of muslims, native Indians, etc... in the past has lead to increased terrorist organizations in Islam, and an obvious resentment of the white man by native Americans. Christianity was the only major religion that believed in forceful conversian, you could only imagine their "sensitive" approach to the muslims during the crusades. I am Christian, but I know that Christianity has just as much a violent history as Islam, just at different times.

Because you know for a fact that ALL military people are christians.:rolleyes:

A lot of the leadership both military and civilian are Christians. I know I've seen every single one of the current executive administration pronounce their Christian beliefs.

Same goes for a lot of military brass as well.

They are many, many evangelicals controlling the military. Look it up yourself. Almost of all the Generals and high ranking officers are Christians.

While I would agree, that Muslim Terrorism is far worse than militant Christians sects ever thought about being, I would also agree that there are many militant Christian groups that are terroristic.

Aryan Nations
Charles Martel Group
The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord (CSA)
Ku Klux Klan
Masada Action and Defense Movement
The Order
Army of God
The Lambs of Christ

Most of these are from the U.S., some are from France. There are far more terrorist groups of Islam origin, but Christian radicalism can be just as dangerous.

I guess if you weighed the shear numbers of militant Islamic Groups to Christian terroristic groups, one could say that (based on numbers) Islam would be more of a religion of war than Christianity, however, history shows that Christians are the only religion that believed in forced conversions and were far more militaristic and did not tolerate the muslims while the muslims tolerated christian existance--until the Crusades anyway. And the Bible is filled with stories of war.

Historically, Romans conquered the world and entertained the people by feeding Christians to lions.
What is there that is current, happening today, that can compare to the hatred of Islam for Christianity (and all things non-Islam)? Do we have Christians committing genocide, starving their own, etc. so on and so forth in the name of Christianity at this time?

Historically, Romans conquered the world and entertained the people by feeding Christians to lions.
What is there that is current, happening today, that can compare to the hatred of Islam for Christianity (and all things non-Islam)? Do we have Christians committing genocide, starving their own, etc. so on and so forth in the name of Christianity at this time?

If you'll notice genius....historical things have consequences today.... It's called cause and effect. But I guess you knew that. Things that happen today will affect the future. For example: the war in the Balkans in the 90s was a direct cause of the splintering of Eastern Europe after WWI and WWII. The hatred of Christians stems back to the Crusades, and there have been Islamic extremists (whether defined by todays standards or not) since the Crusades. Some would consider Pirates to by terrorists, nobody's pissing them off, they just want all your stuff, and will kill you for it.

The nations of primarily Christians live a completely different lifestyle, and have completelly different morals than that of Islam. That in itself is reason enoughf or radical muslims to attack us. In their eyes, it's justification. Not to mention, one American bomb (accidentally or purposefully dropped on house in Iraq/Afghanistan) is a potential terrorist creator. In there eyes, things are done in the ways of Christianity...

Lol. In other words, there are no current wars being waged by CHristians against those of other faiths because of their religion or a Christian desire, as a faith, to dominate the world and eliminate those of other religions.

Thanks. That's what I thought.
The rest is just you justifying others killing Christians because of a couple of incidents which took place centuries ago, and which were always politically motivated, rather than religiously motivated....got it.

So you want to look at how Islam v. Christianity is today. Why? Because Muslims are committing more human rights violatioons and committing more atrocities nowadays than Christians. But that was certainly not always the case. The Holocaust was committed by Christians. As was the Spanish inquisition, conquering and colonizing most of the world along with the slaughter of numerous native populations.

So, if you wish to be intellectually honest you have two choices.

1) Look only at present day history. Then accept the fact that current atrocities are being committed because of geopolitical and tribal reasons, as opposed to Religious reasons. This must be the case, otherwise you would be interested in looking at the entire history of religion, as opposed to only its current day state. If you only want to see what religion is doing in a time period of 5 years or so, out of thousands of years of existence, then surely you can't say one religion is more violent than the other.

2) Look at ALL of religious history. Be sure to include all the massacres by Christians I included above. Then you can say which religion is more violent. But I suspect the end of that particular exercise will be about as informative as judging on who was more violent Hitler or Mao. On any scale they are both so near the top of it the differences are arbitrary at best.

Once again. Christians are not guilty of attempting genocide today. They have in the past. Therefore, we must be tolerant of a global movement by Muslims to terrorize, torture, kill and starve those of other religious beliefs.

Since we did it in the past, we should be held accountable for it today. Since we did it in the past, they should not be held accountable at all.

Brilliant.

Once again. Christians are not guilty of attempting genocide today. They have in the past. Therefore, we must be tolerant of a global movement by Muslims to terrorize, torture, kill and starve those of other religious beliefs.

A global movement by Muslims?

Don't you mean a global movement by some Muslim terrorists which are overall a tiny minority of Muslims overall?

Since we did it in the past, we should be held accountable for it today. Since we did it in the past, they should not be held accountable at all.

Blame the PEOPLE responsible for it, not the religion those people share. Why? Because its obviously NOT the religion which is making them do it.

Lol. In other words, there are no current wars being waged by CHristians against those of other faiths because of their religion or a Christian desire, as a faith, to dominate the world and eliminate those of other religions.

Thanks. That's what I thought.
The rest is just you justifying others killing Christians because of a couple of incidents which took place centuries ago, and which were always politically motivated, rather than religiously motivated....got it.

Yes, they're are.

The Iraq war, Afghanistan.

A tiny minority of Muslims overall is still millions of Muslims. THa't quite an army. With ties to no single country, but to a faith. Scary stuff.

I don't "blame the religion". I recognize the fact that the religion fosters the behavior, and strengthens the resolve of those committed to it, and offers heavenly rewards for atrocities committed against non-Muslims and martrydom.

But the point I'm making is that we didn't create these monsters, that Christians are in no way comparable because there were a couple of periods in our history when this country or that joined with the Roman Catholic Church in power bids which were bloody and terrible, but overall short lived and regional in scope.

Yes, they're are.

The Iraq war, Afghanistan.

Don't be an idiot. THat is not a Christian bid for power/conversion. It's a global political attempt to bring some sort of stability to an area which threatens people of all nationalities and all races, in those countrie and outside of them.

A tiny minority of Muslims overall is still millions of Muslims. THa't quite an army. With ties to no single country, but to a faith. Scary stuff.

I don't "blame the religion". I recognize the fact that the religion fosters the behavior, and strengthens the resolve of those committed to it, and offers heavenly rewards for atrocities committed against non-Muslims and martrydom.

But the point I'm making is that we didn't create these monsters, that Christians are in no way comparable because there were a couple of periods in our history when this country or that joined with the Roman Catholic Church in power bids which were bloody and terrible, but overall short lived and regional in scope.

Says you.

Slavery lasted a long time in America ans was in fact justified by many Southerners as a right granted to them by God via the bible.

Don't be an idiot. THat is not a Christian bid for power/conversion. It's a global political attempt to bring some sort of stability to an area which threatens people of all nationalities and all races, in those countrie and outside of them.

Of course it is. It just isn't as pronounced because Western media is far more sophisticated.

What it is not is a " a global political attempt to bring some sort of stability to an area which threatens people of all nationalities and all races, in those countrie and outside of them."

That is the farthest thing from the truth.

The Iraq war is a power play by a largely Christian nation upon Arab peoples to keep the oil flowing to Washington and London.

You may not think it is a religious, but Arabs do.

Millions of Muslims? Any information supporting this accusation that millions of muslims are part of a "global movement to terrorize, torture, kill and starve those of other religious beliefs." ?

And Christianity is somehow the religion of peace and love, eh?

The British empire, you know the one that the sun never set on, wasn't exactly regional nor was it short lived. It was, however, Christians conquering, ruling, and massacring non-Christians.

Forum List

Back