Yep! Islam is a religion of peace.

(YAWN) Yep. Islam is a religion of war.

http://www.islamdenouncesterrorism.com/

Sure is a religion of war...But I guess this is just a bore to you..

MOGADISHU, Somalia -- Firing rocket-propelled grenades and heavy submachine guns, Islamist fighters seized the police headquarters at the heart of the government's stronghold in Mogadishu on Thursday in a bold attack that witnesses said killed two soldiers and two policemen.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121026745613577737.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Al-Shabab, now an autonomous rebel group which has added an explosive element to the combustible mix of Mogadishu’s militias, enforces strict sharia (Islamic law) and uses tactics imported from the global jihadi movement. As in Afghanistan, those who work or trade with the government risk being branded as spies or collaborators and beheaded as a warning to others.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article3908867.ece

Sure is a religion of war...But I guess this is just a bore to you..

MOGADISHU, Somalia -- Firing rocket-propelled grenades and heavy submachine guns, Islamist fighters seized the police headquarters at the heart of the government's stronghold in Mogadishu on Thursday in a bold attack that witnesses said killed two soldiers and two policemen.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121026745613577737.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Al-Shabab, now an autonomous rebel group which has added an explosive element to the combustible mix of Mogadishu’s militias, enforces strict sharia (Islamic law) and uses tactics imported from the global jihadi movement. As in Afghanistan, those who work or trade with the government risk being branded as spies or collaborators and beheaded as a warning to others.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article3908867.ece

I’ve participated in this game time and time again. There are militant violent Muslims. There are militant violent Christians. You can pull stuff from each group’s book to make it say what you want it to say. You can find anti-Islam stuff. You can find pro-Islam stuff. Instead of being so divisive: “We good. They bad” I like to believe that, for the overwhelming majority in each group, people are good.

I am just not impressed with the hunting and pecking of “anti anything” web finds. It is little more than a self-serving scavenger hunt. Find things that support your already-established prejudices. Have fun.

I’ve participated in this game time and time again. There are militant violent Muslims. There are militant violent Christians. You can pull stuff from each group’s book to make it say what you want it to say. You can find anti-Islam stuff. You can find pro-Islam stuff. Instead of being so divisive: “We good. They bad” I like to believe that, for the overwhelming majority in each group, people are good.

I am just not impressed with the hunting and pecking of “anti anything” web finds. It is little more than a self-serving scavenger hunt. Find things that support your already-established prejudices. Have fun.

I am waiting for your evidence of violent christian militant groups....I have ONLY heard about the NLFT. And they were promply arrested. Other than that I cant see where you will be able to find any news about Christian militants trying to take over the world.

I am waiting for your evidence of violent christian militant groups....I have ONLY heard about the NLFT. And they were promply arrested. Other than that I cant see where you will be able to find any news about Christian militants trying to take over the world.

Wow. You have led a sheltered life haven’t you? Venture outside your safety zone and learn about things that may run contrary to your belief system. There have been Christian terrorists and terrorist groups throughout the ages and all over the world: from the Spanish inquisition of centuries ago to the “Evangelical Alliance” that in 2006 advocated violence as an option to counter legislation in Great Britain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Happy reading.

Elina Das is the only Christian student at her school, he said. “Always local boys used to tease her on her way to school,” he said, “and used to tell her filthy words against Christianity and western culture.”

Five villagers attacked her when she went from her thatched house to an outdoor latrine, said investigating officer Sanwar Hossen of Fulbaria police station.

“Five people lying in ambush in the pitch-dark near the toilet snatched her by gagging her mouth with her body scarf [and taking her] to a nearby tea stall, 400 meters from the house, where they gang-raped her,” Hossen said.

Besides the religious opposition of some residents, the officer said villagers had no personal or commercial conflicts with the Das family that could serve as a motive for the assault.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Persecution/Default.aspx?id=111710

Yep I guess in your mind this is loving as well.

Wow. You have led a sheltered life haven’t you? Venture outside your safety zone and learn about things that may run contrary to your belief system. There have been Christian terrorists and terrorist groups throughout the ages and all over the world: from the Spanish inquisition of centuries ago to the “Evangelical Alliance” that in 2006 advocated violence as an option to counter legislation in Great Britain.

Happy reading.

WOW! One could TOTALLY see how these people are sooo much more evil than the shit I posted.

God's Army
God's Army is a Christian revolutionary group in armed rebellion against the military government of Burma. God's Army consists of around 100-200 veteran fighters, and is led by two twin brothers, who are believed by their followers to be immune to bullets.[108]

Elina Das is the only Christian student at her school, he said. “Always local boys used to tease her on her way to school,” he said, “and used to tell her filthy words against Christianity and western culture.”

Five villagers attacked her when she went from her thatched house to an outdoor latrine, said investigating officer Sanwar Hossen of Fulbaria police station.

“Five people lying in ambush in the pitch-dark near the toilet snatched her by gagging her mouth with her body scarf [and taking her] to a nearby tea stall, 400 meters from the house, where they gang-raped her,” Hossen said.

Besides the religious opposition of some residents, the officer said villagers had no personal or commercial conflicts with the Das family that could serve as a motive for the assault.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Persecution/Default.aspx?id=111710

Yep I guess in your mind this is loving as well.

Nope. The 5 people should be punished. Those particular individuals who commit crimes against others, regardless of their motives, should face very severe punishment.

WOW! One could TOTALLY see how these people are sooo much more evil than the shit I posted.

God's Army
God's Army is a Christian revolutionary group in armed rebellion against the military government of Burma. God's Army consists of around 100-200 veteran fighters, and is led by two twin brothers, who are believed by their followers to be immune to bullets.[108]

and that is just one example. By the way, I did not say that they were more evil.

and that is just one example. By the way, I did not say that they were more evil.

I agree that I only gave one example and it is true you didnt say they were more evil. But to equate what the KKK is doing to that of what Jihadist around the world are doing on a daily basis is disingenuious.

I mean what you are purporting is the eqivilant of saying Hitler who was a Christian who commited a ton of atrocities was worse than the Jihadists. When you and I both know it was OTHER Christians that put an end to his terror. You wont find the same relief of Jihadists network by your version of peaceful Islamics.

I agree that I only gave one example and it is true you didnt say they were more evil. But to equate what the KKK is doing to that of what Jihadist around the world are doing on a daily basis is disingenuious.

I mean what you are purporting is the eqivilant of saying Hitler who was a Christian who commited a ton of atrocities was worse than the Jihadists. When you and I both know it was OTHER Christians that put an end to his terror. You wont find the same relief of Jihadists network by your version of peaceful Islamics.

I agree that such would not be a good comparison. Yet, if your take the Army of God, and Aryan Nations, Christian Patriots, Lambs of Christ, the KKK, and other groups all over the world as a whole I think that it would be a valid comparison with Islamic militants. I’m not going to get into a bean counting game. I think that it is enough that I provided some degree of balance.

By the way, there are Muslims and Muslim groups that condemn such violence

Using your 21 century western values to judge 17th century eastern values might create some problems in one's perception of the whole group.

The main difference I notice between the Christian terrorists and the Muslim terrorists is that the mainstream Christians denounce the terrorists and help in hunting them down. While the mainstream Muslims do not denounce the supposed fringe groups and, in fact, aid and assist them in their terroristic goals.

Happy reading.

BTW, you might want to use a source that's been verified. Having this at the top of your source:

"This article or section may contain an unpublished synthesis of published material that conveys ideas not attributable to the original sources.
Please help Wikipedia by adding sources whose main topic is "Christian terrorism". See the talk page for details.(February 2007)
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards.
Please improve this article if you can. (April 2008)"

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the material being presented does it?

The main difference I notice between the Christian terrorists and the Muslim terrorists is that the mainstream Christians denounce the terrorists and help in hunting them down. While the mainstream Muslims do not denounce the supposed fringe groups and, in fact, aid and assist them in their terroristic goals.

Abu Dhabi conference - 500 Muslim scholars challenge extremist “fatwas”

AESM Interfaith Dialogue Larnaca Action Plan 7/06

All Dulles Area Muslim Society

Allahu Akbar.net Murder, Manslaughter & Terrorism All in the Name of Allah

American Islamic Congress Launches New Anti-Suicide Bombing Campaign for Eid Al-Adha Holiday 2007

American Muslim Alliance, Agha Saeed statement against 9/11 attacks

American Muslim Organizations statement against 9/11 attacks by 15 organizations 9/01

American Muslim CEO’s Fight Terrorism

American Muslim Political Coordination Cuncil statement against 9/11 attacks 9/01

American Muslim Alliance (AMA) - against 9/11 (U.S.)

American Muslim Foundation (AMF) - - against 9/11 (U.S.)

American Muslim Organizations condemn beheadings

American Muslim statement affirming Freedom of Faith “On Apostasy and Islam”, signed by over 100 notable Muslim voices

American Muslims for Global Peace and Justice (AMGPJ) - against 9/11 (U.S.)

American Muslims for Jerusalem (AMJ) - against 9/11 (U.S.)

American Muslim Leaders call for release of journalist in Iraq 1/06

American Muslim Leaders Sign ‘Code of Honor’ to Promote Intrafaith Harmony between Sunni & Shia

American Muslims & Scholars denounce terrorism (signed by 57 leaders of National Islamic Organizations and 199 International scholars) 9/2002

Arab American Media Syndicate speaks out against extremism 3/04

Amman Conference bans killings in name of Islam (signed by 180 scholars) 7/05

American Muslim Organizations – condemn Berg beheading 5/04

Assoc. of Muslim Health Professionals Statement regarding events in the UK

Australian Muslims condemn 9/11 attack

Bangladeshi Imams denounce bomb terrorism 12/05

British Muslim Council (Britain) condemnation of London bombing & Fatwa against terrorism signed by 500 leaders 7/05

British Muslim Council condemns Glasgow and London terror attacks 6/07

British Muslim Scholars - against terrorism (signed by 500 scholars) 7/05

Canadian Muslim Organizations Urge ‘Zero Tolerance’ for Domestic Violence (signed by 20 organizations) 12/07

CAIR condemns bin Laden’s Praise for 9/11 hijacker 9/07

CAIR Repudiates ‘American Al-Qaida’ Video Threats 5/07

CAIR Condemns murder of Daniel Pearl 2/02

Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) - against 9/11 (U.S.)

CAIR Not in the name of Islam petition (U.S.) signed by 691,531 Muslims 5/04

CAIR Day of Unity and Prayer 9-11-03

CAIR condemns Beslan killings 9/04

CAIR condemns burning of Nigerian churches 2/06

CAIR condemns Philippines airport bombing 3/03 CAIR-CANcondemns attack on Passover celebration in Israel 3/02

CAIR calls for release of all hostages in Iraq 2004

CAIR launches TV ad campaign against terrorism 10/06

CAIR Condemns Attack On Seattle Jewish Center 2006

CAIR supports house resolution 32 a call to end human rights violations against women including genital mutiliation. 10/9/07

CAIR-CAN condemns vandalism of Jewish homes in Toronto 3/04

CAIR-CAN condemns rape of Mukhtaran Mai in Pakistan 7/02

CAIR-CAN condemns killing of innocent Christians in Pakistan 10/01

CAIR-CAN offers condolences to Coptic Christian community 1/05

Canadian Muslims condemn anti-Jewish article 1/04

Canadian Muslims condemn church attack in Pakistan 3/02

Canadian Muslims condemn vandalism of Jewish synagogues 4/02

Canadian Society of Muslims (Canada) against 9/11 attack 9/01

Catholic-Muslim Statement on Globalization 7/01

Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy (CSID) Statement (signed by 200 scholars) 10/01

Center for Understanding Islam (CUI) Condemns the Alleged Terrorists’ Evil Plan - Call to Action for Muslim Community Leaders http://www.cuii.org/fortdixw.htm 5/07

Coalition of Islamic Organizations of Chicago condemn London bombings 7/05

Coordinating Council of Muslim Organizations (CCMO) - - against 9/11 (U.S.)

Center for Understanding Islam - Fundamentalism, Extremist and Terrorism

Canadian Society of Muslims (Canada) against 9/11 attack 9/01

Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy CSID - Statement on 9/11

CSID Statement on London Attacks 7/05

Council of Senior Religious Scholars (Saudi Arabia) terrorism & responsibility to report 6/04

Council of Ulema (Saudi Arabia) against terrorism 2/03

Dar ul Ehsaan (U.S.) – condemns all acts of terrorism

Delhi Muslim Conference condemns terrorism (India) 3/06

Deoband (Dar al Uloom) scholars denounce terrorism as against Islam, will circulate statement to all madrassas in India/Pakistan 2/2008

European Muslim Leaders reject al Qaeda’s call for murder of Swedish cartoonist 10/07

Europe - Over 400 groups sign European Muslim ‘charter of values’ pledging tolerance and respect for the laws of the countries in which they live.
1/08

Federation of Islamic Organizations (New Zealand) against 9/11 attacks

Fiqh Council of North America - against terrorism (U.S.) 7/05 (endorsed by 130 Muslim organizations and leaders in the U.S

Fiqh Council of North America Renews Fatwa Against Religious Extremism 12/07

French scholars fatwa prohibits rioting (France)

Glocalization Conference The Ankara Declaration (.pdf file)

Human Development Foundation - Call to join the movement for the eradication of terrorism (U.S.) 9/02

International Islamic Organizations Denounce 9/11 Attack
International Islamic Conference, Sri Lanka 12/02

International Islamic Conference, Amman (Jordan 8 schools of Islamic Law 9/05 signed by 170 scholars

Islam America - Overcoming religiously motivated violence

Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) - against 9/11 (U.S.)

Islamic Circle of North America Condemns London Bombings 7/05

Islamic Media Foundation (IMF) - against 9/11 (U.S.)

Islamic Medical Society of North America - against U.K. bomb plot

Islamic Commission of (Spain) Fatwa against terrorism 3/05

Islamic Society of North America, ISNA (U.S.) Statement Against Terrorism and Religious Extremism 8/05 This 2 page flier is available as a PDF and is the best short statement available and should be printed out and widely shared.

Islamic Society of North America ISNA (U.S.) Terrorism is not in the name of Islam signed by 72 scholars and leaders 5/04

Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) Condemns U.K. Bombings

Islamic Society of North America ISNA Joins Call for End to Torture 6/06

Islamic Society of North America Condemns London Bombings 7/05

Islamic Society of North America - statement “Who We Are and What We Believe” specifically rejects any terrorism including that carried out by Hamas and Hesbollah. 9/07

Islamic Society of North America, ISNA UNITES WITH CHRISTIANS AGAINST NUCLEAR WEAPONS 11/07

Karamah, Zina, rape and Islamic Law: an Islamic legal analysis of the rape laws in Pakistan, A Position Paper by KARAMAH: Muslim Women Lawyers for Human Rights

Leaders of Chicago Area Mosques (U.S.) Support FCNA Fatwa Against Terrorism 7/05

League of Arab States against 9/11 attack 9/01

MPAC Mosque Guidelines to Fight Terrorism

MPAC National Grassroots Campaign to Fight Terrorism

MPAC statement on alledged Fort Dix Terror Plot 5/07

Moscow Conference Against Terrorism (Russia) 250 leaders signed statement against terrorism 6/04

Muslim Brotherhood an opposition Islamist group (Egypt) against 9/11 attack 9/01

Muslim American Society (MAS) - against 9/11 (U.S.)

Muslim American Society MAS Freedom Welcomes Saudi King’s Pardon of ‘Qatif Girl’ But Reiterates the Need for Change in Saudi Arabia 12/07

Muslim Arab Youth Association (MAYA) - against 9/11 (U.S.)

Muslim Alliance of North America (MANA) - against 9/11 (U.S.)

Muslim Council of Britaincondemns lunatic fringe 9/01 and [2]

Muslim Doctors and Dentists Assoc. of UK - Statement on UK Bombings

Muslim Public Affairs Council (U.S.) condemns London bombing 7/05

Muslim scholars condemn beheading of Nicholas Berg

Muslim Student Organization MSA (U.S.) Condemns London Bombings 7/05

Muslim Student Association (MSA), Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP) - against 9/11 (U.S.)]

Muslim Brotherhood an opposition Islamist group (Egypt) against 9/11 attack 9/01

Muslim Women’s League - against female genital mutilation - against violence against women - condemning ‘honor’ killing in Pakistan - condemning Kidnapping of Jill Carroll - condemning burning of churches in Nigeria - numerous other statements

Organization of the Islamic Conference Foreign Ministers against 9/11 attack 10/01

Organization of the Islamic Conference Summit OIC Conference against 9/11 attack 12/01

OIC Conference Makkah Declaration on Iraq situation - houses of worship, sunni shia violence, 11/06

Pakistan-American Congress condemns bombing in Pakistan 4/06

Saudi scholars define what is Jihad and what is terrorism

Scholars Taskforce Against Terrorism (Indonesia) religious scholars fatwa against terrorism and public education 11/05

Sunni Muslim Groups in Iraq Condemn Kidnapping

Sunni Shia Dialogue to Save Lives - RESOLUTION of the Shia-Sunni Dialogue To Save Lives

United Association for Studies and Research (UASR) - against 9/11 (U.S.)

United Muslim Americans Association (UMAA) - against 9/11 (U.S.)

U.S. Imams Say Iraq Hostage-Takers Violate Islamic Beliefs 2004

World Muslim Congress American Muslims Condemn the London Plot

MUSLIMS HAVE ORGANIZED AND PARTICIPATED IN PROTESTS, MARCHES, CONFERENCES, etc. AGAINST TERRORISM

Alexandria Process Muslim Peace Conference in Cairo 1/04

American Muslims hold 9/11 vigil at nation’s capitol 9/03

American Muslims rally against terrorism in Dallas, Texas

American Muslimrally against terrorism in Antelope Valley California 7/03

American Muslim anti-terror rally in Washington D.C. 5/05

American Muslim anti-terror rally in Phoenix, Arizona4/04

American Muslim conference on “Muslim Peacebuilding, Justice and Interfaith dialogue” Washington, D.C. 4/06

American Muslims Against Terrorism Conference in Washington, D.C. 10/04

Australian Muslims for Peace participate in anti-war rally 3/04

British Muslim rally against terrorism & extremism 2/06

British Muslim Rally for religious freedom and harmony between faiths 11/06

British Muslim Peace Rally 12/05

Cairo Peace Process Conference 11/05

Center for Global Peace Islam and Peace Conference 2/98

Egyptians march against terrorism

Iraqi rally against terrorism7/05

Islam in a Pluralistic World Conference in Vienna 11/05

Muslim Cultural Heritage Peace Conference, Rhode Island 7/02

Muslim Parliament of Great Britain conference “Causes and Hopes for a Peaceful Settlement in the Middle East’” London 10/06

9/11 Interfaith Unity Walk

Peace Conference in Jordan 5/05

Philippines 30,000 Muslims & Christians march for peace in Mindanao

Qataris demonstrate against terrorism

Ranks of Muslims in U.S. grow

National and Regional Muslim Organizations are members of many interfaith and peace organizations and efforts such as:

-- Children of Abraham Detroit
-- Children of Abraham national
-- Coalition for Peace Action
-- Council for a Parliament of the Worlds Religions
-- Elijah Interfaith Institute
-- Fellowship of Reconciliation
-- Interfaith Partnership of Metro St. Louis
-- Center of Christian-Muslim Engagement for Peace and Justice
-- International Center for Religion and Diplomacy
-- International Women’s Peace Conference
-- Maryland Jews and Muslims pledge peace
-- Midwest Catholic-Muslim Dialogue
-- NCC Interfaith Relations Council
-- New Mexico Muslim-Jewish Peace Walk 9/04
-- Pluralism Project at Harvard University
-- Religions for Peace, USA
-- Salam Institute for Peace and Justice
-- United Religions Initiative
-- World Conference of Religions for Peace
-- World Council of churches Muslim-Christian Dialogue
-- World Interfaith Congress
-- Universal Peace Federation
-- The Glocal Forum
-- Striving Together in Dialogue, A Muslim-Christian Call to Reflection and Action with NCC
-- World Faiths Development Dialogue
-- Fundacion Cultura de Paz

Muslim organizational leadership has participated in many International Conferences:

-- Abu Dhabi Conference 2004
-- Amman Conference 2005
-- Australian Peace and Harmony Conference 10/05
-- Building World Peace: The Role of Religions and Human Rights, International Conference, Canada 10-06
-- Children of Abraham Peace Confernce Paris 6/04
-- International Women’s Peace Conference Texas 7/07
-- Regional Peace and Harmony Conference, Sydney, Australia 10/05
-- Religions for Peace Conference Kyoto 2006
-- Religions Denounce Terrorism, Turkey 2003
-- A Muslim-Christian Call to Reflection and Action and Dialogue Geneva 2001

http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.ph...ism_part_ii_statements_by_organizatio/0012210

You just aren't paying attention...

Telling the terrorists that they are "bad widdle puddy cats" IS NOT the same as what the Christians did to the Germans.

But yeah I see how all those groups you have posted sure have done amazing things to stop the terrorism all over the world.

Telling the terrorists that they are "bad widdle puddy cats" IS NOT the same as what the Christians did to the Germans.

But yeah I see how all those groups you have posted sure have done amazing things to stop the terrorism all over the world.

Considering the most powerful government in the world has utterly failed at attempting to hunt down the terrorists, what in hell do you expect NGO pacifist organizations to do exactly?

Edit: And the terrorists aren't Hitler. Not even close.

And the "Christians" didn't fight Hitler out of the goodness of their hearts. They did it out of self interest because most of them were attacked by Hitler or his allies. Also the Pope, that glorious representative of Catholics everywhere, did absolutely fuckall against Hitler. Nice historical revisionism you got going for you there though.

While I would agree, that Muslim Terrorism is far worse than militant Christians sects ever thought about being, I would also agree that there are many militant Christian groups that are terroristic.

Aryan Nations
Charles Martel Group
The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord (CSA)
Ku Klux Klan
Masada Action and Defense Movement
The Order
Army of God
The Lambs of Christ

Most of these are from the U.S., some are from France. There are far more terrorist groups of Islam origin, but Christian radicalism can be just as dangerous.

I guess if you weighed the shear numbers of militant Islamic Groups to Christian terroristic groups, one could say that (based on numbers) Islam would be more of a religion of war than Christianity, however, history shows that Christians are the only religion that believed in forced conversions and were far more militaristic and did not tolerate the muslims while the muslims tolerated christian existance--until the Crusades anyway. And the Bible is filled with stories of war.

And of course... no one expects the spanish inquisition. :cool:

seriously, the one of those groups that interested me most was the Masada Action and Defense Movement which posed as a militant zionist organization to try to create tensions with muslim and jewish groups in france. according to what i just read, they even used stars of david on their literature.

Forum List

Back