Yep, Gut The Military

the lefties will be happy when our enemies march in and declare themselves our owners, HIllary will bow down like when she praised the mexican president as he railed on the US. Reid and Pelosi will welcome and throw confetti as they march in.
Bankers have already said they own us.

Cutting the military budget for the purposes of imperial endeavors Im fully in favor. We need a much stronger national defense, and plotting bases across the world does not enhance our security at home. If anything, the CIA had it right when they subscribed tot he fact that our meddling leads to blow back. Cut the military budget, if and only if, we can agree to bring home our troops, our defense weaponry and our funds to protect our borders. Rather than running around like paranoid, half-cocked, cowboys the world over looking for the evil doers.

How'd the French make out with their Maginot Line there, by the way? Still standing, some parts of it, I understand?

To quote General George S Patton "If oceans and mountain ranges can be overcome, then any fortification erected by man can be overcome."
How long did Hitler's 'Festung Europa' last on D-Day? In case you don't remember, all of six hours.
The only effective defense is the ability to smash any and all enemy armies into dust and drive the peoples they sprung from into extinction.
Two billion of 'em you, say? "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

'The American Soldier does not fight for the sake of conquest! He fights to liberate!" - FDR. No less true today, than it was on April 10th, 1945.

Last edited:
The u.s. spends more money on our military than EVERY other nation combined. Course its hard to bring democracy to the world with little money...so yes slash the shit out of the military budget!

Hey now.....The pentagon just saved us a ton of cash.

They cooked the books..ONE TIME ADJUSTMENT... AND POOF WE RECEIVED AN INTEREST CREDIT...........

Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

Cutting the military budget for the purposes of imperial endeavors Im fully in favor. We need a much stronger national defense, and plotting bases across the world does not enhance our security at home. If anything, the CIA had it right when they subscribed tot he fact that our meddling leads to blow back. Cut the military budget, if and only if, we can agree to bring home our troops, our defense weaponry and our funds to protect our borders. Rather than running around like paranoid, half-cocked, cowboys the world over looking for the evil doers.

How'd the French make out with their Maginot Line there, by the way? Still standing, some parts of it, I understand?

To quote General George S Patton "If oceans and mountain ranges can be overcome, then any fortification erected by man can be overcome."
How long did Hitler's 'Festung Europa' last on D-Day? In case you don't remember, all of six hours.
The only effective defense is the ability to smash any and all enemy armies into dust and drive the peoples they sprung from into extinction.
Two billion of 'em you, say? "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

'The American Soldier does not fight for the sake of conquest! He fights to liberate!" - FDR. No less true today, than it was on April 10th, 1945.

I'm sure you have some kind of poitn here, although it lacks clarity. If you want to trip down memory lane as far as conquest adn defense, we also destroyed the conscript army of the Brits as mere militia-men with hardly the same fire power.

If you're suggesting that the most highly sophisticated military in the world is going to be over run because we dont police the world adn have bases in 130-some countries, I think you're dead wrong. And as the CIA puts it, it calls for return aggression known as blowback. How many times do we have to learn the same lesson on interventionism? Apparently it is an endless struggle between those who see everyone doing things we dont like as the enemy, vs. those that would take the nonaggression principples with seriousness.

And today, we aren't liberating anyone in our armed conflicts. Unless you call handing Al Qaeda Libya, or arming Syrian Al Qaeda rebels as liberating. We prop up dictators who commit ruthless crimes of humanity inj the name of national interest and have now stuped to indefinite detention of our own citizens in the name of security....that is, if we do not assassinate them first via drone strikes.

Silent Running
Russian attack submarine sailed in Gulf of Mexico undetected for weeks, U.S. officials say

BY: Bill Gertz
August 14, 2012 5:00 am

A Russian nuclear-powered attack submarine armed with long-range cruise missiles operated undetected in the Gulf of Mexico for several weeks and its travel in strategic U.S. waters was only confirmed after it left the region, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

It is only the second time since 2009 that a Russian attack submarine has patrolled so close to U.S. shores.

The stealth underwater incursion in the Gulf took place at the same time Russian strategic bombers made incursions into restricted U.S. airspace near Alaska and California in June and July, and highlights a growing military assertiveness by Moscow.

The submarine patrol also exposed what U.S. officials said were deficiencies in U.S. anti-submarine warfare capabilities—forces that are facing cuts under the Obama administration’s plan to reduce defense spending by $487 billion over the next 10 years.

The Navy is in charge of detecting submarines, especially those that sail near U.S. nuclear missile submarines, and uses undersea sensors and satellites to locate and track them.

The fact that the Akula was not detected in the Gulf is cause for concern, U.S. officials said.

The officials who are familiar with reports of the submarine patrol in the Gulf of Mexico said the vessel was a nuclear-powered Akula-class attack submarine, one of Russia’s quietest submarines.

A Navy spokeswoman declined to comment.

One official said the Akula operated without being detected for a month.

http://freebeacon.com/silent-running/

So.....back to the original story.....can we get a refund on what we have spent on our failed military technologies?

the lefties will be happy when our enemies march in and declare themselves our owners, HIllary will bow down like when she praised the mexican president as he railed on the US. Reid and Pelosi will welcome and throw confetti as they march in.

Of course the left will celebrate, it will be the end of the despised imperialist America.

The u.s. spends more money on our military than EVERY other nation combined. Course its hard to bring democracy to the world with little money...so yes slash the shit out of the military budget!

Erm...no they don't.

country-distribution-2011.png

Agreed. It's how it's spent not how much is spent.

i agree with that and CONSERVATIVES should point that fact out. Its not against spending, spending wiser, and thats the crux of it, but if you dont want an aggresive taking of the military than go with a better defense, but its one or the other.

But conservatives only think that we should spend wiser on social programs not on the military.

That is not true.
Conservatives are upset at wasteful spending in all departments, especially in the military.

I agree that our military spending is wasted. We could cut the spending in half and still have a strong national defense. I agree with an earlier poster that that article is proof the spending is wasted. We can tell you when a supposed terrorist in the ME picks his nose, but can't detect a Russian nuclear submarine operating in the Gulf of Mexico? Aside from entitlement programs military spending is probably the majority of what we waste money on. Close the overseas bases, stop the financial aid to countries who despise us anyways, pull the troops out of the ME and every other country they are stationed in, and concentrate on real national defense. What our enemies really fear is us being able to defend our homeland, not projecting our power across the globe.

I'm quite sure the troops sent on these overseas incursions would be more than pleased to do their job defending our country. I know their families would be thrilled to have them home, or at least home more often than every 12-18 months. I would venture to suggest that we also revert to the older military model where the troops actually performed many of the functions now out sourced to civilian agencies, i.e. base security and maintenance, as well as things like housekeeping and kp.

We've also spent more than enough on infrastructure for countries where we've had bases established. I know that both Munich and Berlin military housing were extensively renovated prior to handing them over to the Germans. I have no doubt that other military posts were also treated to the taxpayer dollar beautification program before they have been handed back to the host countries.

Yes we do need different bases around the world.
It is much cheaper and quicker to move troops from say Germany, to perhaps somewhere we are needed in the middle east, than to move them from America to the middle east.

I do agree with you about not giving aid to foreign nations who slap us in the face.

We don't need troops in the shithole of the middle east. After 10 years of being there, we haven't accomplished shit except massive spending. If the nations of the middle east want to attack us head on, or one of our allies needs our help, then we can address it on a need basis. Unless you just love blowing shit up without any real point, wasting massive amounts of money and coming out with nothing at all except the inabilityt o have proper defense of our own boarders.

We don't need to be involved with the Middle East at all. Energy self sufficiency would go a long way towards that.

And we have plenty of resources available to us here, in this country. It's too bad that government regulation has hamstrung all types of energy exploration, development, and extraction. Under current regulation, provided we could get past the expensive and extensive "studies" required by multiple agencies, we might never get past the abusive litigation that is used to obstruct resource development.

Right. We can't cut our defense spending; in fact, the Republicans feel (as always) that we simply CANNOT SPEND ENOUGH. Some Democrats feel the same way.

I'm sure this has nothing at all to do with the cash donations to campaign funds from defense industry corporations. Or the shares that politicians hold the stock of those same corporations. Because a trillion bucks a year just isn't enough to spend on "defense."

Oh, and by the way, balance the budget. LOLOLOL

Forum List

Back