Yep, Don’t Need No Whirlybird Fans

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
New York state spent millions on a lauded wind project several years ago, but most of the turbines now stand idle as officials wait to repair malfunctioning parts.

The New York State Thruway Authority — the governing body of a major toll highway that runs across the state — has taken part in New York’s attempts to transition to renewable energy. From 2013 to 2015, the authority built five wind turbines along the thruway in the western corner of the state.

The project was expensive, with the five windmills costing $4.8 million and another $500,000 for design expenditures. The authority believed that the turbines would pay for themselves, saving as much as $420,000 annually on energy bills.

However, the project did not go as planned.

DEPENDS UPON WHAT YOUR PLAN WAS.

New York Spent $5 Million On Wind Turbines That Don’t Even Work

There are over 341,000 wind turbines on the planet: Here's how much of a difference they're actually making

There are over 341,000 wind turbines on the planet: Here's how much of a difference they're making

Lots of opinion there, but you know what wasn't in your little link? Actual, hard data. Not one iota. not even a link to proof of their claims. I can say I'm Emperor of the Known Universe and have every bit as much credibility as what they are claiming.
They don't want to tell you that a windmill only produces 25% or less of its rated capacity
This is why wind mill nuts only ever state installed capacity and use installed capacity in all their calculations of what wind costs per KWH

If they used actual numbers people would see that wind power is actually more than 4 times as expensive as they say

There are over 341,000 wind turbines on the planet: Here's how much of a difference they're actually making

There are over 341,000 wind turbines on the planet: Here's how much of a difference they're making

Lots of opinion there, but you know what wasn't in your little link? Actual, hard data. Not one iota. not even a link to proof of their claims. I can say I'm Emperor of the Known Universe and have every bit as much credibility as what they are claiming.
Exactly. It’s always quasi feel good jibberish on why hundreds of billions have been spent.

They don't want to tell you that a windmill only produces 25% or less of its rated capacity
This is why wind mill nuts only ever state installed capacity and use installed capacity in all their calculations of what wind costs per KWH

If they used actual numbers people would see that wind power is actually more than 4 times as expensive as they say

Yes, I know that. Windmills are the product of a propaganda campaign and nothing more. Reno installed four wind turbines and they discovered that the maintenance costs far exceeded what they were generating in electricity. Yet another fraud perpetrated against the American Taxpayer.

Yes, I know that. Windmills are the product of a propaganda campaign and nothing more. Reno installed four wind turbines and they discovered that the maintenance costs far exceeded what they were generating in electricity. Yet another fraud perpetrated against the American Taxpayer.
No link, therefore safe to assume this is another one of your lies, Mr. Westwall. Here is the cost per kw/hr produced.

chart-1-finally.jpg

rehcd3.jpg

chart-3-final.jpg

No link, therefore safe to assume this is another one of your lies, Mr. Westwall. Here is the cost per kw/hr produced.

chart-1-finally.jpg

rehcd3.jpg

chart-3-final.jpg

And your cute graphs are nothing more than fancy propaganda. Here you go, real time energy production for the UK grid. And look at that wind is at 1.7%. Far less than what your propaganda posters claim.

Live monitoring of the UK electricity National Grid

Forum List

Back