Yemen warns of more attacks

Wow, Concept, you are one dumb ass. There were no Al Qaeda in Iraq until after we invaded and left the borders unprotected. And the primary reason that they are not operating well in Iraq right now is their own blood lust. They failed, far more even than us, to win the admiration of the Iraqis. Like us, to the Iraqis, the Al Qaeda are just more foreigners that do not belong in their nation.

Bullshit. What they did was grow like a cancer in Iraq. They didn't "concentrate" anything. Again, this is not a conventional force with a "main effort" and "supporting effort".

Furthermore, most of the evidence is that AQ in Iraq had few if any ties to Bin Laden, especially when it was operational.

Taking out AQ in Iraq has had little, if any, effect on Al Queda.

If you buy into that whole line of bullshit: "Fight them there so we don't fight them here." then you clearly have missed the bus.

The current AQ, world wide, has little to no ties with to Bin Laden other than as a "motivational speaker"and hasn't for quite a while. He has been effectively neutralized but AQ has moved on. Even though they are a relatively loose organization they still have logistics channels that are limited in their ability to finance everything they want to do and the "concentration of efforts" in specific areas 'limits" their ability overall. Again DUH.

Oh right. I forgot the GOP mantra that "Bin Laden is not that important".

Thanks for reminding me. Instead, it's more efficient to invade other countries, destabilize their governments, and allow new leaders and movements to grow.

All of this begs the question, if they are going to just go where we are anyways, why the diversion into Iraq?

Of course it doesn't matter. You still choose to deem an unconventional force through a conventional lens.

:rolleyes:

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Obama: On second thought, it’s not that important to capture Bin Laden
COURIC: How important do you think it is, Mr. President-elect, to apprehend Osama bin Laden?

OBAMA: I think that we have to so weaken his infrastructure that, whether he is technically alive or not, he is so pinned down that he cannot function. My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him. But if we have so tightened the noose that he’s in a cave somewhere and can’t even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America.

:rolleyes:

Just another flip flop from the pantywaist in chief, but what do you say to that?

obama's fp is not liberal. its just an extension of bush

This is partly true.

And miraculously, libs are cheering him on.

It's an amazing display of hypocrisy. :clap2:

and the cons are bitching about every move. hypocrisy on both sides

Also true that some are. But most are just shaking their head that suddenly, NOW, it's ok to break out the bombs.

Hundreds of Al Qaeda militants are planning terror attacks from Yemen, the country's foreign minister said Tuesday.

Abu Bakr al-Qirbi appealed for more help from the international community to help train and equip counter-terrorist forces.

His plea came after an Al Qaeda group based in Yemen claimed responsibility for the failed Christmas Day airliner bomb plot.

[URL="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581370,00.html"]source[/URL]

I stated this terrorist was one of many. now the warnings are issued. will Osama sit up and take notice here or is it back to the golf course and extravagant dinners???

:popcorn::popcorn:

Dont want to pee on your flake Islam promises more attacks ans says when they will end.

8:39

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world[]]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do
2:193.
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allâh) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allâh (Alone).[] But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc193

http://www.ummah.com/what-is-islam/quran/noble/

Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Then I guess there is no big problem since joos, islamic, catholic and christian all worship the god of Abraham.

are you going to acknowledge that obama already did bomb them multiple times before the airline incident?

Another thing I missed from this bombing was the usual bleating from libs and their msm shills over any collateral damage.

So do we now not care about that? Is collateral damage acceptable now? :rolleyes:

some people did. there was damage and the blowback has already started

I'm sorry man but it isn't even close to the scale that we saw during the last 8 years.

They even faked studies about it.
Soros Funded Lancet Study Claiming 650,000 Iraqi War Deaths | NewsBusters.org

and there were the daily death tolls. :rolleyes:

Wow, Concept, you are one dumb ass. There were no Al Qaeda in Iraq until after we invaded and left the borders unprotected. And the primary reason that they are not operating well in Iraq right now is their own blood lust. They failed, far more even than us, to win the admiration of the Iraqis. Like us, to the Iraqis, the Al Qaeda are just more foreigners that do not belong in their nation.

:lol:

You are one monumentally deluded lib.

AQ was in Iraq. And after we liberated the Iraqis from their brutal, murdering leader, AQ decided that they would establish their caliphate there and spread throughout the ME.

Ansar Al Islam was an affiliate of AQ and had a training facility in northern Iraq. Zarqawi.. remember him? Was treated in an Iraqi hospital.

Ansar al-Islam: Back in Iraq :: Middle East Quarterly

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6311

Case Closed

... :rolleyes:

Attacking Yemen with a real military force is going to cost money and troops. Wanna permanently activate every guard unit, double military pay so we get enough fresh recruits w/o implementing the draft and raise the debt by 5% so your kids can pay for our war or raise federal taxes by 5% so we can?

What a military genius.

So, who the fuck has suggested that we attack Yemen with a "real military force?"

It's not Yemen we would actually be attacking, anyway.

It is the fucking lunatic scumbags hiding there and training there whom we would be going after. And this does NOT necessarily require the sending-in of our forces.

Granted not all wars can be fought "from above." But some can.

Look, the White House even admitted today that we knew BEFORE Christmas that the al qaeda fuckers were talking about sending in the "Nigerian." So you know what? What they fucking do and say over there is not exactly an unknown quantity.

It's time to play fucking hardball with cruise missles, drones, etc.

They urgently need to be very very fucked over!

Well that sounds like a support of the Bill Clinton retaliation plan after the 1st trade center bombing. I supported that as a fair compromise to avoid war. In hindsight it seems like....well I'd of been hard pressed to come up with enough hindsight to convince me I'd of invaded Pakistan in 199X.

I essentially agree with dropping cruise missiles on terrorists. There are fine points to be worked out with their governments of course. I can't believe we essentially agree.

Attacking Yemen with a real military force is going to cost money and troops. Wanna permanently activate every guard unit, double military pay so we get enough fresh recruits w/o implementing the draft and raise the debt by 5% so your kids can pay for our war or raise federal taxes by 5% so we can?

attacking yemen, with the exception of calculated strikes with their approval, is also going to upset a great many middle eastern nations such as Saudi Arabia. Not a good idea unless they are complicit in terrorist activities, when it looks like they are actually making an effort to benefit the United States. Work with them and if they dont cooperate we have other options sure.

Ben Stein calls Ron Paul antisemitic in the second segment of this video where Larry King asks his guests about the recent thwarted terrorist plot to blow up a plane en route to Detroit from Amster...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFdG4eySIU8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited:

I stated this terrorist was one of many. now the warnings are issued. will Osama sit up and take notice here or is it back to the golf course and extravagant dinners???

Dont want to pee on your flake Islam promises more attacks ans says when they will end.

8:39

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world[]]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do
2:193.
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allâh) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allâh (Alone).[] But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc193

http://www.ummah.com/what-is-islam/quran/noble/

Then I guess there is no big problem since joos, islamic, catholic and christian all worship the god of Abraham.

The Order to fight People of the Scriptures until They give the Jizyah

Paying Jizyah is a Sign of Kufr and Disgrace

Fighting the Jews and Christians is legislated because They are Idolators and Disbelievers

Not that there was much doubt that al Qaeda was behind the Detroit attempt, but looks like there is an imam that really needs to meet his maker. Same one connected with 2 of the 9/11 tools, Hasan at Ft. Hood, and it seems a small army of martyrs in Yemen:

The Weekly Standard

Report: Fort Hood Shooter’s Cleric Indoctrinated Christmas Day Bomber

Press reports have hinted at it for several days, but now the media has just come out and reported it: The same al Qaeda cleric who advised the Fort Hood shooter also counseled Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab – the Christmas Day bomber.

Here is Victor Morton in the Washington Times:
The Nigerian accused of trying to blow up a Detroit-bound airliner had his suicide mission personally blessed in Yemen by Anwar al-Awlaki, the same Muslim imam suspected of radicalizing the Fort Hood shooting suspect, a U.S. intelligence source has told The Washington Times....​

...This same official explained to the Times:
In his FBI interrogation, according to the U.S. intelligence official, Mr. Abdulmutallab spoke of being in a room in Yemen receiving Muslim blessings and prayers from Mr. al-Awlaki, along with a number of other men "all covered up in white martyrs' garments," and known only by code names and "abu" honorifics....​

...Awlaki was the “spiritual advisor” for at least two of the September 11 hijackers, according to Congress’s Joint Inquiry into the 9/11 attacks. (Awlaki probably assisted at least one more on U.S. soil as well.)

Awlaki was the inspiration for a terrorist plot in Toronto and the Fort Dix plot too.

Awlaki has convinced untold numbers of recruits to travel to Afghanistan and Iraq to wage jihad against American forces.

Awlaki provided religious advice to the Fort Hood Shooter, Major Nidal Malik Hasan. According to Awlaki himself, Hasan wanted an “an edict regarding the [possibility] of a Muslim soldier killing his colleagues who serve with him in the American army.” It is no surprise that Awlaki openly exhorted his followers to act just as Hasan did prior to that fateful day in early November and then praised the attack after the fact.

Awlaki’s propaganda has been used by a prominent former Guantanamo detainee to demonize the West and convince others of the need to wage jihad.

And now we are learning that Awlaki was the mentor for Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab.

When will Awlaki’s reign of terror end? We don’t know. The latest indications are that he survived an airstrike earlier this month.
Posted by Thomas Joscelyn on December 29, 2009 05:10 PM | Permalink

Hundreds of Al Qaeda militants are planning terror attacks from Yemen, the country's foreign minister said Tuesday.

Abu Bakr al-Qirbi appealed for more help from the international community to help train and equip counter-terrorist forces.

His plea came after an Al Qaeda group based in Yemen claimed responsibility for the failed Christmas Day airliner bomb plot.

Dumbass. President Obama has done far more attacks on the Al Qaeda than Bush ever did. He just doesn't trumpet them and create feeling that these miscreants are martyrs. There have been 'Yemani' Air Force attacks now on Al Qaeda camps, something Bush never accomplished, even though those camps were there in his last term.

President Obama has done far more attacks on the Al Qaeda than Bush ever did.

You fucking liar. You can go ahead and make-up shit all you want, idiot. But you are totally unable to BACK UP that fantasy claim you just foisted off there.

You fucking liars are pathetic.

Look, fuck-o, I will grant you that President Obama HAS at least gone after al qaeda to SOME extent -- yes -- even in Yemon. Big fucking hariy deal.

We are not gonna make a shitload of progress by his occasional authorization of some "bombing runs" (probably meaning missile strikes). It needs to be a whole lot more concentrated. Hit them with a double volley. Let them start to clean up the mess and think they are going to now be able to get back to "business," and then SWIFTLY hit them even harder the second time. And when they fucking scatter, like roaches, hit them harder still and in multiple locations. Then, rinse, lather and repeat -- soon and frequently.

Where is the war zone? Well, it's NOT just in Afghanistan as the fucking stupid-ass liberoidal pundits kept insisting when the prior Administration was focusing on Iraq. But wherever the pigfuckers happen to have a camp or an HQ or a supply of any military matériel, THAT'S the war zone.

By the way, I don't quite recall and cannot find the Congressional Declaration of War against Yemen. Yet, according to so fucking many dumb-ass liberoidals directing their putrid attempts at "argument" against whatever President Boooosh did, "it wasn't Yemen who took down the Twin Towers. . . ." So, we supposedly have no business and there is no authorized military action we can possibly be taking there in Yemen. Well, guess what? The fucking stupid liberoidal argument was bogus THEN, so I point it out NOW only to highlight how vapid and hypocritical the liberoidals were and are.

I give President Obama at least a little credit for authorizing the strikes INTO Yemen at al qaeda targets. The problem is, it is too timid and too weak and too LITTLE. We should be very much ramping it up there and ANYWHERE else on planet Earth the al qaeda cockroaches may be making camp.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back