Yellowstone

petro

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2013
The cold north
images (83).jpeg Finished season one of Kevin Costner's, Yellowstone.
I found this series well directed, with interesting tormented characters.
The scenery is fantastic and is interesting to see Montana as the backdrop to a major drama.
Paramount has a winner and I will definitely watch season 2.
Yellowstone | Paramount Network

IMO, Costner is not that much of an actor at all
he was very poorly suited for Robin Hood and Dances With Wolves

I believe he is also outshined by the supporting actors on this series. Although he is convincing as a corrupt wealthy ranch owner.
I am more drawn to the other characters , most not very likable.
I believe he produces show and I have to say the production is stellar in my view.

I liked him in Bull Durham, No Way Out, and Field of Dreams,

Dances with wolves did not impress me.

Never saw Robin Hood.

Okay in WaterWotrld but loved Dennis Hopper in that.
yes, Durham and Dreams were more of his type
he doesn't seem to come off as an ''epic''/famous hero type
No Way Out was a very good movie--he did well in that

I liked him in Bull Durham, No Way Out, and Field of Dreams,

Dances with wolves did not impress me.

Never saw Robin Hood.

Okay in WaterWotrld but loved Dennis Hopper in that.
I know Water World was relentlessly trashed, but I loved that cheesy movie. Hopper was the shining star in that.

I was impressed with Open Range and found The Postman interesting movie.

Open Range was well done--Duvall is one of the best
I was thinking of him as being an epic/hero actor
he has more of a ''serious'' presence

View attachment 213019 Finished season one of Kevin Costner's, Yellowstone.
I found this series well directed, with interesting tormented characters.
The scenery is fantastic and is interesting to see Montana as the backdrop to a major drama.
Paramount has a winner and I will definitely watch season 2.
Yellowstone | Paramount Network

Amen! I couldn't agree more! I can't wait for each new episode. I just finished watching a recording of the final episode of season 2. I was happy to learn there will be a season 3 - which will begin airing in June 2020. I have every episode of seasons 1 and 2 recorded - and I plan to start watching them soon. I love it.

Yeah. Was quite a season. What a mess of a family, but sure as hell don't screw with them.

That mansion is unreal. Scenery is fantastic.

Yeah. Was quite a season. What a mess of a family, but sure as hell don't screw with them.

I never thought I would get hooked on a modern western - but I'm hooked. Yes, the family is certainly messed up. I enjoy all the characters - but I guess Rip and Beth are my favorites.

I never thought I would get hooked on a modern western - but I'm hooked. Yes, the family is certainly messed up. I enjoy all the characters - but I guess Rip and Beth are my favorites.
When I went to watch first episode I expected a period piece but was surprised at the modern element.
Brings up modern day land and water issues and presents it from each characters point of life view without seeming to push one point over another.
I liked the fact that two opposing sides protecting their own interests teamed together to deal with an outside threat. Each man is just protecting his family.

I just finished watching all of Season2 and was enthralled by every single scene. Costner may not be the greatest actor but the storyline is awesome, the characters intriguing, and the scenery absolutely glorious.
It was filmed both in Montana and Utah.
It is, in the genre of Westerns, a modern version of the old gunslinger flicks with all the latest goodies.
From what I've been able to learn, Season3 is going to be more about the growth of relationships.
One thing about the series that caught my attention - no staff! No cooks - who cooks for the hands? No maids or household staff. No mechanics. One doesn't even see the pilot of the ranch's helicopter.

I loved it

I just finished watching all of Season2 and was enthralled by every single scene. Costner may not be the greatest actor but the storyline is awesome, the characters intriguing, and the scenery absolutely glorious.
It was filmed both in Montana and Utah.
It is, in the genre of Westerns, a modern version of the old gunslinger flicks with all the latest goodies.
From what I've been able to learn, Season3 is going to be more about the growth of relationships.
One thing about the series that caught my attention - no staff! No cooks - who cooks for the hands? No maids or household staff. No mechanics. One doesn't even see the pilot of the ranch's helicopter.

I loved it
LOL. Never thought of that.
Staff is either very efficient or scared as hell of the family and hiding in the pantry.

Forum List

Back