Yeast evolves from single cell to Multi-cellular organism.

This sounds like a case of guiding the experiment to fit a preconceived conclusion.

We already know that yeast is a destructive creature.
Just seems more prudent to test the theory with something besides what is basically a "weed".

This sounds like a case of guiding the experiment to fit a preconceived conclusion.

Just seems more prudent to test the theory with something besides what is basically a "weed".

That wasn't the point, it establishes circumstances in which a unicellular organism would become a multicellular.

Nothing about this claims a conclusion, only evidence.

That wasn't the point, it establishes circumstances in which a unicellular organism would become a multicellular.

It's obvious that I'm no cellular biologist, but isn't it also obvious that yeast spreads and grows?

I'm just saying that I'd be more impressed if they could demonstrate the same behavior with, say, a cell from a human eye.

(I did enjoy the article and how the different times effected the growth structures, tho)
:cool:

It's obvious that I'm no cellular biologist, but isn't it also obvious that yeast spreads and grows?

I'm just saying that I'd be more impressed if they could demonstrate the same behavior with, say, a cell from a human eye.

(I did enjoy the article and how the different times effected the growth structures, tho)
:cool:

It's just an example of the events that may lead to colonies becoming multi-cellular instead of just groups of single cells.

I agree, but evolution doesn't act upon single cells in multi-cellular organisms, but upon the entire organism.

Sorry Photonic, but you're not gonna get the good Christian believers to even acknowledge this, until the yeast converts to Christianity and turns their life over to their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Other than that? I think this is cool as heck. Not only that, but I do believe that eventually science is going to figure out answers that we've been asking for a long time.

BTW..........did you hear about the Martian meteorite they found above the Arctic Circle a couple of years back? Seems that the meteorite contained ancient bacteria fossils.

Science has since checked in to the possibility that the planet could have been "seeded" for life with meteors, and guess what? It can.

Sorry Photonic, but you're not gonna get the good Christian believers to even acknowledge this, until the yeast converts to Christianity and turns their life over to their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Other than that? I think this is cool as heck. Not only that, but I do believe that eventually science is going to figure out answers that we've been asking for a long time.

BTW..........did you hear about the Martian meteorite they found above the Arctic Circle a couple of years back? Seems that the meteorite contained ancient bacteria fossils.

Science has since checked in to the possibility that the planet could have been "seeded" for life with meteors, and guess what? It can.

They also found that there are organic compounds on Pluto of all places.

Hmmmm.... :eusa_think:
Considering that, so far, there are only 3 of us in this discussion and you are talking to Photon, I wonder who you could be talking about.....

This is the Science/Technology forum and you are the one injecting religion into the dialogue.
That says more about you than anything I could come up with.

I've acknowledged that I thought it was "cool" also.
Just that I would like to see more examples.

I have never denied evolution exists, btw.

Blasphemy!
It is yeast that turns grape juice into wine and malted barley into beer. That isn't destructive.

Considering that, so far, there are only 3 of us in this discussion and you are talking to Photon, I wonder who you could be talking about.....

This is the Science/Technology forum and you are the one injecting religion into the dialogue.

Apparently........you missed the joke.........

I was commenting basically that the Christians won't believe this, because they believe the Earth is around 6,000 years old and some of 'em also believe that Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs.

The rest of the post (sorry that you missed it) was basically an approval of this story, followed with some other science (bacteria fossils from Mars) to comment.

But, ya gotta admit, with a lot of the Christian whackjobs that are in this country and on these boards, someone is gonna try to discount it.

I was commenting basically that the Christians won't believe this, because they believe the Earth is around 6,000 years old and some of 'em also believe that Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs.

The rest of the post (sorry that you missed it) was basically an approval of this story, followed with some other science (bacteria fossils from Mars) to comment.

But, ya gotta admit, with a lot of the Christian whackjobs that are in this country and on these boards, someone is gonna try to discount it.

I love how that statement in red keeps appearing on message boards.
I've never met a Christian that believed either of those things. I have met a whole that drink wine or beer though (that yeast helped create).

S'long as we keep that qualifier, we be kewl
:D

To the Martian rock find: it's eerie how some theories tend to feed Scientology.
I love listening to all the possibilties out there.

I've never met a Christian that believed either of those things. I have met a whole that drink wine or beer though (that yeast helped create).

Just on this board there are a number of Young Earth creationists. Not sure if you are being willfully ignorant of them or you just never have happened on them yet.

Just on this board there are a number of Young Earth creationists. Not sure if you are being willfully ignorant of them or you just never have happened on them yet.

I've never met one face-to-face. Considering that the vast majority of people I meet and know have some sort of Christian background belief and yet none of them have espoused the extreme that ABikerSailor claimed, I'm guessing they are a pretty rare occurrence. I've run across a few sockpuppets on the internet that pretended to be so. I don't take them seriously and neither should you or ABikerSailor.

I've never met one face-to-face. Considering that the vast majority of people I meet and know have some sort of Christian background belief and yet none of them have espoused the extreme that ABikerSailor claimed, I'm guessing they are a pretty rare occurrence. I've run across a few sockpuppets on the internet that pretended to be so. I don't take them seriously and neither should you or ABikerSailor.

Views_on_Evolution.svg

It's pretty bad.

No, just observations from an experiment that points out one way that multicellur organisms might have evolved. As with abiogenisis, as we learn more, I bet we will find many other paths that life might have taken in this important step.

As for the creationists and Christians. I was raise in a family of Pentacostal people, and many of them believe in the literal interpretaion of the Bible. No deviation from Creationism allowed in their world.

Forum List

Back