Year One

D

Dis

Tonight was opening night.. Funny as all hell.. Best 10 mins of the movie was the argument about circumcision... That had me laughing so hard, I actually couldn't breathe..Following that, several "characters" from the bible have been ...modernized, and they're just a friggen hoot..

Well worth the cost, even if you're like me, and can see no logical purpose to setting foot in a theatre...

Year One - Official Site

Jack Black is actually funny??....On purpose??

No way.

No.. Jack Black is actually tolerable and mildly amusing, and not as creepy as he normally is.. I usually don't like his movies at all. It's the *rest* of the cast that makes the movie an absolute riot. I swear it's actually worth the $10 a person to get in.

I usually find excuses to leave my seat because I don't care for sitting still that long and staring at a giant screen. Even I stayed put. :)

The guy is Michael Cera and Superbad was a comedy that he was in produced by the "Judd Apatow crew." (i.e. Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, etc.) He was also in Juno, if you've seen that.

The guy is Michael Cera and Superbad was a comedy that he was in produced by the "Judd Apatow crew." (i.e. Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, etc.) He was also in Juno, if you've seen that.

Ok.. Michael Cera is the long haired dude.. He IS funny.. I spent the first 15 mins trying to decide if he was gay..

Ok.. Michael Cera is the long haired dude.. He IS funny.. I spent the first 15 mins trying to decide if he was gay..

What was your conclusion?

Having never seen him before last night, so not knowing who he is? I'm going with not gay, just pretty.

Jack Black should be barred from movies, forever. The only movie I could tolerate him in was Shallow Hal. Be Kind Rewind was a fucking great movie, but he ruined it. There were a dozen others who could have made that role far more endearing.

Also, is Olivia Wilde actually funny in Year One? I love her, but I can't see her doing "funny" very well, especially not of the Jack Black/Michael Cera variety.

Is it me, or does Cera play the same role in every single one of his movies? Juno, Superbad... is he any different here aside from the loincloth?

Jack Black should be barred from movies, forever. The only movie I could tolerate him in was Shallow Hal. Be Kind Rewind was a fucking great movie, but he ruined it. There were a dozen others who could have made that role far more endearing.

Also, is Olivia Wilde actually funny in Year One? I love her, but I can't see her doing "funny" very well, especially not of the Jack Black/Michael Cera variety.

Nope.. Not funny at all.. Pretty much all the guys that were a riot.. Oliver Platt was disgustingly funny in a cringing down into your seat shuddering way...

Is it me, or does Cera play the same role in every single one of his movies? Juno, Superbad... is he any different here aside from the loincloth?

I think you mean to say, "Why does anyone consider Cera an actor, when all he does is be himself in front of a camera?"

It's like listening to people praise most of Tom Hanks's roles. The guy CAN act, he just usually doesn't.

all depends on what you like Js....i feel Jack is great in SOME of his flicks like "School of Rock"...Tenacious D... Nacho Libre....but yet i felt Be Kind Rewind was pretty bad no matter who was in it...some of his movies do suck though....but then he aint the only one who is hit and miss....Will Ferrell comes to mind....Adam Sandler....Ben Stiller...

Adam Sandler is actually better in his more serious roles. Reign Over Me was amazing. I can't wait to see Funny People, either.

Ben Stiller is not funny, at all. He usually just gets paired up with people who are funnier than he is, such as in Along Came Polly and Meet the Parents/Fockers.

Will Ferrell, for me, is not at all funny. Elf was only the moderately amusing movie I've seen him in, and it was only funny in the cutesy family way it was intended. The rest of his movies (Step Brothers, especially) were the opposite of funny.

Adam Sandler is actually better in his more serious roles. Reign Over Me was amazing. I can't wait to see Funny People, either.

Ben Stiller is not funny, at all. He usually just gets paired up with people who are funnier than he is, such as in Along Came Polly and Meet the Parents/Fockers.

Will Ferrell, for me, is not at all funny. Elf was only the moderately amusing movie I've seen him in, and it was only funny in the cutesy family way it was intended. The rest of his movies (Step Brothers, especially) were the opposite of funny.

yea i heard step bros was pretty bad....you have a point about Stiller....Sandler is off and on....

Forum List

Back