Yeah

Kathianne said:
Polls give the politicos their talking points, not their action plans. Action by the public DOES cause action by the politicos. Bitching but not acting is for those that think they have a right to be disgusted.

Kathianne who takes most of the action here in America via protesting etc. etc.? Thats right the left(not that i'm agreeing with them its just that they demonstrate and organize overwhelmingly the most) so what makes you think the right is going to take to action on this subject when at best it shows a slight bent towards apathy?

Anyway its besides the point, we all know that pragmatically speaking there is no other way than to go ahead and legalize the illegals already in country, quit fighting it.

OCA said:
Kathianne who takes most of the action here in America via protesting etc. etc.? Thats right the left(not that i'm agreeing with them its just that they demonstrate and organize overwhelmingly the most) so what makes you think the right is going to take to action on this subject when at best it shows a slight bent towards apathy?

Anyway its besides the point, we all know that pragmatically speaking there is no other way than to go ahead and legalize the illegals already in country, quit fighting it.
Hey, we're all entitled to our opinion. You do your thing, I'll do mine. ;)

Adam's Apple said:
Excellent comment, Kathianne, and excellent political cartoon as well.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you! Glad to see not everyone is jaded!

OCA said:

If politicos had the balls there are LOTS of things to do to deter illegals.

dilloduck said:
If politicos had the balls there are LOTS of things to do to deter illegals.

What's that Cletus? Shoot em as they come over? YEE HAW!

Politicos see the big picture on this subject, they know the economy will go to shit in the west if we deport everybody so they do the pratical thing and legalize all existing illegals THEN fix the border. Simple, problem solved.

Kathianne said:
Hey, we're all entitled to our opinion. You do your thing, I'll do mine. ;)

Not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion just I don't see this call to action happening other than the occasional bitching around the dinner table.

OCA said:
What's that Cletus? Shoot em as they come over? YEE HAW!

Politicos see the big picture on this subject, they know the economy will go to shit in the west if we deport everybody so they do the pratical thing and legalize all existing illegals THEN fix the border. Simple, problem solved.

No matter what, the border must be fixed first. IF there were talk of amnesty, even more would flood in. I guess you DO know that, right? It's what you want?

OCA said:
Not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion just I don't see this call to action happening other than the occasional bitching around the dinner table.

Actually you said for me to 'quit.' Actually there are groups for politically active. Did you notice all those marching this week? There are more on the other side, problem is, most are like sitting around the diner table, going to work, driving their kids here and there. It's the reason we do have representatives, but sometimes there is a need for the people to get involved, beyond voting. We are living in dangerous times and that is my concern.

dilloduck said:
The people aren't driving anything.

When the people get up in arms about a problem and go directly to their elected reps and the President, they usually get things done their way, i.e., the Dubui and Harriet Miers cases. And I think the people are driving the current concern in the government about the immigration issue. The people want something done about this problem, and the reps know that an election is coming up this fall. We shall see what solution the government comes up with. If it's not satisfactory and the reps are up for election this fall, in all probability they will not be going back to Washington in 2007.

Rather than going to the streets to protest--and maybe that would be more effective for them--conservatives tend me to follow the procedures set up for people to participate in their government by going directly to their elected reps with their concerns.

Adam's Apple said:
When the people get up in arms about a problem and go directly to their elected reps and the President, they usually get things done their way, i.e., the Dubui and Harriet Miers cases. And I think the people are driving the current concern in the government about the immigration issue. The people want something done about this problem, and the reps know that an election is coming up this fall. We shall see what solution the government comes up with. If it's not satisfactory and the reps are up for election this fall, in all probability they will not be going back to Washington in 2007.

Rather than going to the streets to protest--and maybe that would be more effective for them--conservatives tend me to follow the procedures set up for people to participate in their government by going directly to their elected reps with their concerns.

The people did not spontaneously rise up against a damn thing !! They were incited in all the cases you mentioned.

Kathianne said:
No matter what, the border must be fixed first. IF there were talk of amnesty, even more would flood in. I guess you DO know that, right? It's what you want?

Ok, I guess I don't have a problem with the order of events and yes you are right, fix the border first. Lets see if it happens.

dilloduck said:
The people did not spontaneously rise up against a damn thing !! They were incited in all the cases you mentioned.

Don't quite get your distinction. They can't respond until the government takes some action they don't like. Keep in mind that we send them to Washington to make the right decisions for us. If they don't make the right decisions, we have the power to send them home.

With this immigration issue, I think the majority of people are waiting to see how the government chooses to resolve the issue. All I can say is that the government had better make the right decision on THIS ONE.

Adam's Apple said:
Don't quite get your distinction. They can't respond until the government takes some action they don't like. Keep in mind that we send them to Washington to make the right decisions for us. If they don't make the right decisions, we have the power to send them home.

With this immigration issue, I think the majority of people are waiting to see how the government chooses to resolve the issue. All I can say is that the government had better make the right decision on THIS ONE.

And who is it that focuses on some incident that the government is doing that they think will cause people to respond a certain way at a certain time?
This upcoming deal was known about for months before anyone said a thing.

And I'm betting that the government thinks the right decision regarding immigration is the one that will give them the best chance of staying in power---NOT the best plan for America.

dilloduck said:
And who is it that focuses on some incident that the government is doing that they think will cause people to respond a certain way at a certain time?
This upcoming deal was known about for months before anyone said a thing.

And I'm betting that the government thinks the right decision regarding immigration is the one that will give them the best chance of staying in power---NOT the best plan for America.

Bravo!!!!!!! Well said. Fact is our elected officials really do think this way. This fire is a bit large for a bucket of water, it needs a fire truck!

Our government is a joke at this point. They are supposed to be our voice. A democracy. It's all a sham anymore. We have no voice. And this immigration issue will not be handled the way most Americans would be happy to see.

Our government is getting just as bad as the UN. They always like to write letters telling countries how mad they are making them. And if the issue isn't resolved, well by hell, we are going to write another letter telling them how much more pissed off we are.

ravx25 said:
Our government is a joke at this point. They are supposed to be our voice. A democracy. It's all a sham anymore. We have no voice. And this immigration issue will not be handled the way most Americans would be happy to see.

Our government is getting just as bad as the UN. They always like to write letters telling countries how mad they are making them. And if the issue isn't resolved, well by hell, we are going to write another letter telling them how much more pissed off we are.
They are only as bad or good as those that elect them. If you want things better, you got to be involved.

The fact of the matter is, is that whoever is up there in those positions will make decision based on what is good for their office, not who they are serving. And if the American people get clued in, well the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

ravx25 said:
The fact of the matter is, is that whoever is up there in those positions will make decision based on what is good for their office, not who they are serving. And if the American people get clued in, well the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Yep, be the squeaky wheel. ;)

dilloduck said:

I'm betting that is exactly what will happen, too, but this does not negate the fact that the American people have the power to veto whatever decisions their politicians make.

Politicians will always make decisions that are in their best interests. It's up to the people not to let them get by with it. That's how it's supposed to work in America; if it doesn't, the people have only themselves to blame.

Forum List

Back