Yeah - That Howard Dean Is A Class Act

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Several points at the end of the article.

Dean defends imitation of Rush

By James G. Lakely
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean yesterday defended his public mocking of conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh's battle against addiction to painkillers, saying, "It is galling to be lectured to about moral values by folks who have their own problems.
"Hypocrisy is a value that I think has been embraced by the Republican Party," Mr. Dean told NBC's "Meet the Press" yesterday. "We get lectured by people all day long about moral values by people who have their own moral shortcomings."
Mr. Dean last month did an impression of Mr. Limbaugh for a gathering of Democrats in Minnesota that included the sound of someone snorting cocaine. Mr. Limbaugh became addicted to the painkiller OxyContin while dealing with years of chronic back pain, but entered a rehabilitation center last year and says he is now drug-free.
Mr. Dean, a doctor, was unapologetic about his parody, even when "Meet the Press" host Tim Russert asked whether it is "appropriate for a physician to mock somebody who has gone into therapy and the abuse for drug addiction?"
"Rush Limbaugh has made a career of belittling other people and making jokes about President Clinton, about Mrs. Clinton and others," Mr. Dean said. "I don't think he's in any position to do that.
"I will use whatever position I have in order to root out hypocrisy," he said. "Democrats have strong moral values. Frankly, my moral values are offended by some of the things I hear on programs like "Rush Limbaugh,' and we don't have to put up with that."
In the wide-ranging, hourlong interview, Mr. Dean also said his comments in January that "I hate Republicans and everything they stand for" and that "this is a struggle between good and evil, and we are the good" were taken "a little out of context."
"I don't hate Republicans as individuals," he said. "But I hate what the Republicans are doing to this country. I really do."
Republican National Committee spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt said Mr. Dean's "unfocused performance" yesterday is "emblematic of the larger problems facing the party he leads."
"Sadly, Chairman Dean and the Democrats on Capitol Hill have become singularly focused on obstructionism and negativity, which is why they have become the country's minority party," Miss Schmitt said, adding that "Dean and the Democrats launch disappointing personal attacks."
Mr. Dean, who said he "doesn't go to church all that much," said he is irritated at those who would say that makes him a less-devoted Christian.
"I consider myself a deeply religious person," he said. "And some of the other Christians would dare to say that I'm not a Christian. Frankly, it's what gets my ire up.
"I am sick of being told what I [am] and what I'm not by other people," Mr. Dean said. "I'm a committed Christian. I worship in my own way. ... That's my business. That's not the business of the pharisees who are going to preach to me about what I do and then do something else."
Mr. Dean also stuck by his statement that the Democrats would "use" the effort to save the life of the brain-damaged Terri Schiavo against Republicans in the next election.
"The Schiavo case will probably be the turning point about our ability to make our case to Americans about the incredible invasiveness of Republicans when it comes to making personal, private decisions," Mr. Dean said.
-----
1. "I consider myself a deeg moral vply religious person." "I'm a committed Christian."
Maybe he missed this in Christian 101, but I know that that lying (making that sound of someone snorting cocaine when referring to Rush to imply that he was addicted to cocaine) and hating ("I hate Republicans") are no-no's.

2. Hey Howie, answer the question that is asked. Tim Russert asked if it was appropriate for a physician to mock somebody who has gone into therapy and the abuse for drug addiction. Mr. Dean answered, "Rush Limbaugh has made a career of belittling other people and making jokes about President Clinton, about Mrs. Clinton and others. "I don't think he's in any position to do that."
I didn't see the answer to the initial question. Of course, this is typical when the answer is damning to the person of whom it is being asked. Typical Democratic answer.

3. "Democrats have strong moral values. Frankly, my moral values are offended by some of the things I hear on programs like "Rush Limbaugh, and we don't have to put up with that." Ummm...Democrats except for Bill Clinton? Where was your moral outrage when Bill Clinton was lying in front of the world about his relationship with Monica? "What is 'is'"? "I did not have sexual relations...." There are so many other examples of where Mr. and Mrs. Clinton did not subscribe to strong moral values. Foster, affairs, real estate dealings, fund raising, etc.

On the bright side, as long as Dean and the Democratic Party keep doing what they are doing, the next election is in the bag for the Republicans.

The question is mr gotzoom, is Rush Limbaugh a class act? How come you never got on Rush's case and judged him with the same judgement you heap on Howard Dean? Rush is the one who has made a career out of judging other people and dumping on the poor and minorities for doing drugs and saying they should be put in jail. Howard Dean never did that.

Now the hypocrite Rush should have a dose of his own medicine. Rush is not Dean's patient and Dean is not playing the role of doctor, he is speaking in the realm of politics. At least he didn't do like Frist and go to Congress in order to stop the Clintons from giving us Universal Health Care so his family's HMO could make money.

How are you personally insulted by what Dean said about Rush? I don't see how anyone could defend Rush the mouth Limbaugh. He should be held responsiblie for what he has said in the past. I thought republicans were all about personal responsibilites? Let Rush be responsible. Whats wrong with that?

yeula said:
The question is mr gotzoom, is Rush Limbaugh a class act? How come you never got on Rush's case and judged him with the same judgement you heap on Howard Dean? Rush is the one who has made a career out of judging other people and dumping on the poor and minorities for doing drugs and saying they should be put in jail. Howard Dean never did that.

Now the hypocrite Rush should have a dose of his own medicine. Rush is not Dean's patient and Dean is not playing the role of doctor, he is speaking in the realm of politics. At least he didn't do like Frist and go to Congress in order to stop the Clintons from giving us Universal Health Care so his family's HMO could make money.

How are you personally insulted by what Dean said about Rush? I don't see how anyone could defend Rush the mouth Limbaugh. He should be held responsiblie for what he has said in the past. I thought republicans were all about personal responsibilites? Let Rush be responsible. Whats wrong with that?

Rush is in the same groups as Hannity, Colmes, Franken, etc. Radio program hosts who enjoy stirring up the crap that is going on in order to boost ratings. They are also no different than Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who also stir up as much crap as they can.

Mr. Dean is the head of the Democratic party of the United States.

Big difference.

I asked 3 questions about Mr. Dean. His lying about Rush and statement of hatred while claims that he is "Christian," and moral. Why he didn't answer the question. And his statement that Dems were moral when Bill Clinton made a mockery of his sexcapades.

I am not personally insulted by what Dean Said. I am not defending Rush. If you read my post, I referred to an article about Howard Dean. I then made points about Howard Dean. Show me where I said I was insulted or where I defended Rush.

Forum List

Back