Yeah...Ron Paul is done. No chance.

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
http://blog.ronpaul2008.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/07/ron-paul-in-bay.html

July 14, 2007

Ron Paul in Bay Area

Ron Paul had a busy day yesterday in the San Francisco Bay Area. He was interviewed live on KTVU's morning news show. Afterwards, KTVU's political editor Randy Shandobil taped a lengthy interview with Dr. Paul.

Then it was off to the San Francisco Chronicle. The editorial board questioned Dr. Paul for nearly an hour.

In the afternoon, Google hosted Dr. Paul for nearly two hours. Dr. Paul was given a tour of the Google campus. Steve Grove, the editor of YouTube Politics, interviewed Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul then addressed an overflow crowd of Google employees for nearly an hour where he was enthusiastically received.

That evening, Dr. Paul attended a very successful fundraising reception. The guests were generous with their support to the campaign and warmly received Dr. Paul and members of the campaign staff.

Kent Snyder

http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/07/press-release-1.html

July 13, 2007

Press Release: Ron Paul Goes 20/20

GOP presidential candidate's eCampaign reaches unparalleled levels of success

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 12, 2007

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – The Ron Paul presidential campaign has reached two important benchmarks of success: 20,000 YouTube subscribers and 20,000 Meetup group members.

As of today, the Paul Campaign's YouTube channel has 20,302 subscribers, giving the organization a powerful platform for their popular videos. The GOP candidate with the second most subscribers is Mitt Romney with 2,416. Barack Obama has 8,807.

Dr. Paul also has 20,677 individuals in 428 cities across America signed up though Meetup.com to participate in grassroots activities. Meetup members have thus far held 1,127 events for Dr. Paul: walking neighborhoods, making signs and handing out literature. Barack Obama has 5,327 Meetup group members, while Mitt Romney has 29.

"Our campaign is growing by the day," said campaign chairman Kent Snyder. "Dr. Paul's message of freedom, peace and prosperity is spreading across the country like wild fire. It is exciting to see online attention translate to action on the ground."

http://www.ronpaulhq.com/2007_07_01_archive.php#1420013004435327169

Monday, July 9, 2007

Straw Poll Bears Fruit?

With people like Stephanopoulos smugly saying that there is no way Ron Paul can win, it's easy to get discouraged. But here are some things to keep in mind (taken from lewrockewell.com):

Writes Justin Ptak: "At this point in the cycle, national polls are entirely a reflection of name identification, not voters' views of the candidates.

"In early 1975, Carter was polling at 1% (he went on to win the Presidency).

"In early 1987, Dukakis was polling at 1% (he went on to win the Democratic nomination).

"In early 1991, Clinton was at 2% (he went on to win the Presidency).

"In the spring of 1999, John McCain was polling at 3% (he went on to win the NH primary).

"In early 2003, Joe Lieberman was leading the field for the Democratic presidential nomination (he failed to win any primary)."

Wisely, about 200 people showed up to vote in the CNHT Straw poll, giving Ron Paul 65% of the vote. Rumor is that this strong showing was influential in getting Dr Paul on Morning with Joe, with a great interview. They did a nice job calling out Stephanopoulos for his arrogance. You can hear Joe at the beginning say "we have the next President on the phone!" Make sure to say thanks ([email protected]), and keep in mind that this early on, a small group of motivated supporters can make a BIG difference.

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Ron Paul Wins!

It's official: Ron Paul beat the pants off the competition at the Coalition for NH Taxpayers straw poll. Taking first place with 182 votes, Dr. Paul's nearest competition, Rudy Giuliani, came in with roughly 22 (I may be off by one or two).

Contrary to rumored media reports, the policy was one ticket, one vote. (You actually had to turn your signed, $15 ticket in for a ballot.) Unlike other campaigns, Paul's official people did not provide free tickets for supporters; we paid our money to support our guy. It was a blowout.

Yeah, stick a fork in him, folks.

EDIT: In all seriousness, though...If any of you got anything other than the mainstream poll %'s to support your belief that Ron Paul is a nobody, and he's done, I sure would love to see it.

Ron paul will get some dissapointed Republican votes. with that said I think he has less chance of winnig than McCain.

Eh, McCain is pretty much done. He has less money than RP does, and he does not have people supporting him with near-religious zeal like RP does. In a contest between McCain and RP, I think RP would win. Of course the real question is, could he beat out Giuliani, Clinton, or Obama. Probably not, but then again if Carter could do it, who knows.

Fred Thompson.....

Oh, i've heard of him before...he's that fake conservative who lobbied for a Pro-abortion group for like 17 years, and is pretending to be like Reagan so he can copy Ron and drown him out.

Paul is my favorite R.

It would be the best thing to happen to the R party to run Paul.

I fear the leadership will not let that happen.

Paul is my favorite R.

It would be the best thing to happen to the R party to run Paul.

I fear the leadership will not let that happen.

Fuck the leadership.

This is America's last chance to show that the people still do have a say.

We'll see what happens.

The people dont have any real sway in the R party.

The R party is into controlling people not the other way arround.

Forum List

Back