Yeah I'm here...

uptownlivin90

Rebelious Youngin
Oct 16, 2009
Maryland
Whats going on everybody?!

I'm new here. I'm young... sort of. Just got out of high school and I'm on Air Force DEP until they send me off to Texas for basic training and what not in April. Until then I'm just being a burden on society and all that.:eusa_angel:

Oh... and I'm a libertarian at heart... well progressive libertarian... cuz for some reason I registered Democrat and supported Obama and still f-ing do!! (probably cause I'm black lol;)) And no I'm not a damn blue dog... their "moderates"... moderation is stupid. lol I'm for universal health care (the real thing not the "public option" bullsh**... single payer baby), for universal child care... public transit and all that good stuff. I guess my political philosophy is stay the f*ck up out of my business and give me what the f*ck I want and I'll be fine. Free market? Good. Abortion? Sure. Gays? What you do on your spare time is none of my business. War? If your gonna do it be smart about it *cough* invade the right f-in country *cough*. Guns? Mine are all loaded. :beer: I don't cuss like this on a regular basis... so don't worry.LOL God bless. ;)

I'm new here. I'm young... sort of. Just got out of high school and I'm on Air Force DEP until they send me off to Texas for basic training and what not in April. Until then I'm just being a burden on society and all that.:eusa_angel:

Oh... and I'm a libertarian at heart... well progressive libertarian... cuz for some reason I registered Democrat and supported Obama and still f-ing do!! (probably cause I'm black lol;)) And no I'm not a damn blue dog... their "moderates"... moderation is stupid. lol I'm for universal health care (the real thing not the "public option" bullsh**... single payer baby), for universal child care... public transit and all that good stuff. I guess my political philosophy is stay the f*ck up out of my business and give me what the f*ck I want and I'll be fine. Free market? Good. Abortion? Sure. Gays? What you do on your spare time is none of my business. War? If your gonna do it be smart about it *cough* invade the right f-in country *cough*. Guns? Mine are all loaded. :beer: I don't cuss like this on a regular basis... so don't worry.LOL God bless. ;)

How are you a libertarian that supports the free market and universal healthcare?

I guess my political philosophy is stay the f*ck up out of my business and give me what the f*ck I want and I'll be fine.

See, despite you posting an interesting post, and it is, here is your problem Amigo Joe.

If you want people to stay the fuck out of your business yet still "give" you what you want, when they give you what they want, they will want to be in your fucking business.

It is called Karma-kebabs.

Eat it up.

Last edited:

How are you a libertarian that supports the free market and universal healthcare?

Because you can have a free market... with a universal health care program. :cuckoo:

I'm a libertarian because I'm pro-gun rights, pro-choice, pro-free market, pro-vouchers, I'm progressive because well... I've been in enough poor households to realize that social programs are neccesary in a capitalist society.

I guess my political philosophy is stay the f*ck up out of my business and give me what the f*ck I want and I'll be fine.

See, despite you posting an interesting post, and it is, here is your problem Amigo Joe.

If you want people to stay the fuck out of your business yet still "give" you what you want, when they give you what they want, they will want to be in your fucking business.

It is called Karma-kebabs.

Eat it up.

Nah bruh.:lol: We're a society that tells people if you want to live a comfortable life... which everyone wants... you gotta work for it... which is fair. If your going to send people with families to jobs with 40 hour work weeks there's some things they need to have a shot in life... roads.... education... health... and some place to put their little kids if they've got em. Your theory becomes bullshit when it becomes appearent that nothing the government does "for me" they do with "their" money. Therefore their not doing it "for me" I'm doing it for my damn self. I pay taxes. I respect a return on those taxes. Nothing more and nothing less. I don't want welfare and food stamps... just a chance to make it.

You're more of a social libertarian and economic collectivist from the way you're describing your stances. Once you head to Texas you're gonna find yourself in a small minority, but we exist, and not just in Austin ;)

Howdy!

Because you can have a free market... with a universal health care program. :cuckoo:

I'm a libertarian because I'm pro-gun rights, pro-choice, pro-free market, pro-vouchers, I'm progressive because well... I've been in enough poor households to realize that social programs are neccesary in a capitalist society.

Well universal means that the government is going to have to provide that health care, which means that they'll have to take from others to provide this service. That's not a free market.

Well universal means that the government is going to have to provide that health care, which means that they'll have to take from others to provide this service. That's not a free market.

If your going for the whole "no-taxation" thing... don't bother.LOL There's some things that I feel comfortable saying people should be taxed for, if we don't have what you call a "free market" because of taxation I'll fine. Point is I don't think that government should have much control in regulating business activity. My opinion varies depending on each individual situation.

You're more of a social libertarian and economic collectivist from the way you're describing your stances. Once you head to Texas you're gonna find yourself in a small minority, but we exist, and not just in Austin ;)

Howdy!

I was born not to far from your neck of the woods in Mississippi. So... yeah. LOL there's plenty more of "us" in Maryland where I live now, I'm sure. Social libertarian/economic collectivist, is too long to say... we just say "proggressive libertarian" up north.

If your going for the whole "no-taxation" thing... don't bother.LOL There's some things that I feel comfortable saying people should be taxed for, if we don't have what you call a "free market" because of taxation I'll fine. Point is I don't think that government should have much control in regulating business activity. My opinion varies depending on each individual situation.

Then you can't really say you're for a free market if you think the government has a role in the market.

Then you can't really say you're for a free market if you think the government has a role in the market.

Thank you for making that point.:lol:

Thank you for making that point.:lol:

Well you claimed to be a free market supporting libertarian, and that's obviously not the case.

Well you claimed to be a free market supporting libertarian, and that's obviously not the case.

How about I support a realistic market? In otherwords I'm not completely delusional.

No need to be angry that you're simply a progressive, rather than an oxymoronic "progressive libertarian."

Consequently, it's not oxymoronic... I looked it up in a desperate attempt to classify what I believe in a few words... that I hoped people wouldn't over-analyze for the purpose of being assholes. But hey... we don't always get what we want... huh?;)

Truth be told the concept of libertarianism spans a long range of ideologies. People are multifaceted or atleast I am... as you'll find out.

How about I support a realistic market? In otherwords I'm not completely delusional.

No need to be angry that you're simply a progressive, rather than an oxymoronic "progressive libertarian."

Consequently, it's not oxymoronic... I looked it up in a desperate attempt to classify what I believe in a few words... that I hoped people wouldn't over-analyze for the purpose of being assholes. But hey... we don't always get what we want... huh?;)

Truth be told the concept of libertarianism spans a long range of ideologies. People are multifaceted or atleast I am... as you'll find out.

Well no libertarian would support universal healthcare as it requires the government to take from one group of people to the benefit of another, which violates individual liberty. So while you may think you're a libertarian, you're not.

Well no libertarian would support universal healthcare as it requires the government to take from one group of people to the benefit of another, which violates individual liberty. So while you may think you're a libertarian, you're not.

Just like no libertarian wouldn't support women's choice to terminate their pregnancies because that's restricting individual liberties? Or no libertarian should drive on a government road because those require the government to take from one group of people to the benefit of another? Or no libertarian should support governemnt funded schools? I guess if you take extremism as being the absolute your theory works. I don't subscribe to such a theory therefore, perception is a b*tch ain't it?

Just like no libertarian wouldn't support women's choice to terminate their pregnancies because that's restricting individual liberties? Or no libertarian should drive on a government road because those require the government to take from one group of people to the benefit of another? Or no libertarian should support governemnt funded schools? I guess if you take extremism as being the absolute your theory works. I don't subscribe to such a theory therefore, perception is a b*tch ain't it?

Well you see there are many pro-life libertarians. The argument being that a fetus has as much a right to life as any other human. As for government roads, we'd certainly prefer to see privatization but we don't refuse to drive on them. What's the point of that? I don't know of any libertarians that do support government funded schools, but there are plenty of libertarians that have no choice but to send their children to government funded schools.

Well you see there are many pro-life libertarians. The argument being that a fetus has as much a right to life as any other human. As for government roads, we'd certainly prefer to see privatization but we don't refuse to drive on them. What's the point of that? I don't know of any libertarians that do support government funded schools, but there are plenty of libertarians that have no choice but to send their children to government funded schools.

I know plenty, in matter of fact I know alot within the actual LP which I don't subscribe to or support in most cases. Regardless... let's just agree to disagree so I can go to sleep I'm a free thinker meaning I don't subscribe to every idea attributed to any one ideology. Sound fair?

Forum List

Back