Yea the boycott is Working - Fuck the NFL

I haven't watched a game this year and won't until they make a course correction on the handling of their "product" (players) and their willingness to sit back and allow their employees to show wanton disrespect for our citizens and country.

Why the nerve of these players, daring to hold a contrary opinion How un-American. String 'em up. :death:

They are welcome to hold contrary opinions (American or un-American) and demonstrate their personal feelings about it on their own time. I certainly wouldn't pay my employees to go out on my company time as representatives of my business and disrespect my paying customers and the nation that enables me to operate in good faith. It's not a good business model.

These folks can go protest and make statements all they want when they're not acting as a representative (employee) of mine. The NFL should grow some balls and get this situation corrected.

Just my two cents.

NOBODY is paid to keep their opinions "on their own time". That's thought control.

Where do you see a "disrespect of paying customers" anyway? Did some athlete get booed and respond by giving the fans the finger? THAT would qualify.

It is *NOT* the job of the NFL ---- or any other employer ---- to micromanage the thoughts inside its employees' heads. It never will be until we achieve total fascism.

Really? So you are against police officers, teachers or other officials, and employees being fired for comments made on social media? Let me ask, are you okay with employees turning down service for military or police officers at restaurants? Do you think the owner of a establishment should have no say in employee behavior (representing their company towards customers) and operation of their business?

Btw (bonus question), are you against "temperament" being used as a benchmark for being fit for public office?

Do you really understand how business (employer/employee) works?

1- yes.
2- no
3- ***IF*** said behaviour actually represents the company ----- as opposed to representing their own views, in other words ***IF*** they express those views as representing the company. You'll notice those are big IFs. You'll also notice they do not apply to the present case at all.

Bonus -- no, of course not. Nor is it relevant here either.

Afterbonus -- I think I do, yes, and more to the point here I think I understand how Liberalism works. It doesn't work by dropping all sorts of extraneous "penalties" any time somebody holds a view you don't like, after you've just assured them free expression. That's ideological fascism. And I already covered this. I take a dim view of this "you vill conform or else ve haf vays" mentality.

Last edited:
I haven't watched a game this year and won't until they make a course correction on the handling of their "product" (players) and their willingness to sit back and allow their employees to show wanton disrespect for our citizens and country.

Why the nerve of these players, daring to hold a contrary opinion How un-American. String 'em up. :death:

They are welcome to hold contrary opinions (American or un-American) and demonstrate their personal feelings about it on their own time. I certainly wouldn't pay my employees to go out on my company time as representatives of my business and disrespect my paying customers and the nation that enables me to operate in good faith. It's not a good business model.

These folks can go protest and make statements all they want when they're not acting as a representative (employee) of mine. The NFL should grow some balls and get this situation corrected.

Just my two cents.

NOBODY is paid to keep their opinions "on their own time". That's thought control.

Where do you see a "disrespect of paying customers" anyway? Did some athlete get booed and respond by giving the fans the finger? THAT would qualify.

It is *NOT* the job of the NFL ---- or any other employer ---- to micromanage the thoughts inside its employees' heads. It never will be until we achieve total fascism.

Really? So you are against police officers, teachers or other officials, and employees being fired for comments made on social media? Let me ask, are you okay with employees turning down service for military or police officers at restaurants? Do you think the owner of a establishment should have no say in employee behavior (representing their company towards customers) and operation of their business?

Btw (bonus question), are you against "temperament" being used as a benchmark for being fit for public office?

Do you really understand how business (employer/employee) works?

1- yes.
2- no
3- ***IF*** said behaviour actually represents the company ----- as opposed to representing their own views, in other words ***IF*** they express those views as representing the company. You'll notice those are big IFs. You'll also notice they do not apply to the present case at all.

Bonus -- no, of course not. Nor is it relevant here either.

Afterbonus -- I think I do, yes, and more to the point here I think I understand how Liberalism works. It doesn't work by dropping all sorts of extraneous "penalties" any time somebody holds a view you don't like, after you've just assured them free expression. That's ideological fascism. And I already covered this. I take a dim view of this "you vill conform or else ve haf vays" mentality.

This is really pretty simple. If I'm paying someone to represent my business to the public, I have the right to set the standards for employee functional activities and representative professional behavior during working hours. That's it...period. These folks want to make a statement, go do it on their own time. If they cannot abide by those rules of representing a business, they are free to go work elsewhere.

My feeling is what an employee does on their own personal (non working hours) time is up to them as long as they don't use/leverage my business as their platform or it involves illegal activities that poses a risk to my business/reputation.

The NFL has lost control of its representative professionalism guidelines for employees during working hours (functions) and their brand and business will suffer due to that. That's pretty much it.

If they could punch each other in the face, it'd pass as a semi-interesting sport that isn't filled with girls on steroids.

Sounds like someone who never played football at any level.

It is hardly tame and is a very physical tough sport. More so than any other sport out there.

This is really pretty simple. If I'm paying someone to represent my business to the public, I have the right to set the standards for employee functional activities and representative professional behavior during working hours. That's it...period. These folks want to make a statement, go do it on their own time.

And once AGAIN --- none of that applies to the case in point. In this case a football player is representing the employer when he throws a pass or carries the ball or prevents a defender from sacking him --- which is his actual JOB.

Being an employee (of anybody) NEVER means that employer owns your thoughts for the time you're on the clock. It never WILL mean that. The bottom line is this --- *NOBODY* gets to own another's thoughts, EVER.

Now let's redefine what the job is. To zip right back to the beginning, nobody has ever addressed the question I came in with, which was: What in the wide world of fuck does some jingoistic military-musical chant have to do with playing a game? The offer remains open for anyone to cite anywhere in the rules of football, baseball, or any other sport, that it has to open with some national anthem. Cite that, and we'll all go home.

This is really pretty simple. If I'm paying someone to represent my business to the public, I have the right to set the standards for employee functional activities and representative professional behavior during working hours. That's it...period. These folks want to make a statement, go do it on their own time.

And once AGAIN --- none of that applies to the case in point. In this case a football player is representing the employer when he throws a pass or carries the ball or prevents a defender from sacking him --- which is his actual JOB.

Being an employee (of anybody) NEVER means that employer owns your thoughts for the time you're on the clock. It never WILL mean that. The bottom line is this --- *NOBODY* gets to own another's thoughts, EVER.

Now let's redefine what the job is. To zip right back to the beginning, nobody has ever addressed the question I came in with, which was: What in the wide world of fuck does some jingoistic military-musical chant have to do with playing a game? The offer remains open for anyone to cite anywhere in the rules of football, baseball, or any other sport, that it has to open with some national anthem. Cite that, and we'll all go home.

Again, you're missing the real point. When in that stadium, in that uniform, during the event, a player is acting as a representative employee of the franchise and team owner. The player is welcome to believe whatever they want, but as a representative of the employer and brand, they are to act in accordance with the professional guidelines set forth for the employment they enjoy. If their beliefs are so strong they do not want to follow the employment guidelines for representing the company, they are welcome to seek employment elsewhere.

It's about respect and representing your employers brand in a professional way when you're on the clock. It's really that simple.

Again, you're missing the real point. When in that stadium, in that uniform, during the event, a player is acting as a representative employee of the franchise and team owner.

No, *you're* missing the point. When in that stadium in that uniform, a player is acting as a representative of the franchise and team owner WHEN DOING HIS JOB --- which is playing the game. If he fails to play that game or refuses or acts in an untoward way in the process --- THEN you have a case. Does not apply here. Period.

The player is welcome to believe whatever they want

Apparently not, if you're going to impose all sorts of penalties for thought control on bullshit that has nothing to do with the game, and therefore, the job.

as a representative of the employer and brand, they are to act in accordance with the professional guidelines set forth for the employment they enjoy

AGAIN ---- show us anywhere in these guidelines --- or the rules of the game --- this game or any game --- where the national anthem has any function at all. STILL waiting on that.

It's about respect and representing your employers brand in a professional way when you're on the clock. It's really that simple.

Nope. It's about bullshit PC thought control where you get to coerce people into parroting your own beliefs, or else.
Whelp, that's a bullshit fascist world that cannot be justified, and you can't have it. It's really that simple.

It apparently also flies over your head here that the act in question is not an active one of commission, but a passive one of omission --- not what he did, but what he declined to go along with. Think about that and explain why this isn't thought fascism.

The bottom line is that the owners are going along with the protests and will continue to go along with them even when they get much more widespread....the owners are not going to do anything whatsoever to alienate its black players and the black players are being radicalized and will continue to be radicalized to a much greater extent.

Now someone might wonder....where is all this headed? I think the same place our society in general is headed...social chaos....unless hillary is defeated.

If they could punch each other in the face, it'd pass as a semi-interesting sport that isn't filled with girls on steroids.

hehheh people only go because its the only game in town...aka if another league started up it would be very easy for them to attract NFL fans who are increasingly disgusted with the NFL.

Just my two cents.

This is the exact same lame argument for thought control that was going on the day I joined this site, interestingly also connected to professional sports, that being the rabid collective drooling by the firearm fetishists that "Bob Costas should be fired" for suggesting we have a gun culture in his commentary. This was accompanied by "David Gregory should be arrested", ""Piers Morgan should be deported" and some newspaper (I forget which one) should be "closed" for speaking out on the same issue and daring to question the gun-PC mentality.

"Fire him". "Deport him". "Arrest him". "Run them out of business". All for not following some party line. That's fucking fascism, it's what George Orwell warned us about, and it's indefensible.

No one...I mean absolutely no one....loves censorship and thought police more than the libtards.

Again, you're missing the real point. When in that stadium, in that uniform, during the event, a player is acting as a representative employee of the franchise and team owner.

No, *you're* missing the point. When in that stadium in that uniform, a player is acting as a representative of the franchise and team owner WHEN DOING HIS JOB --- which is playing the game. If he fails to play that game or refuses or acts in an untoward way in the process --- THEN you have a case. Does not apply here. Period.

The player is welcome to believe whatever they want

Apparently not, if you're going to impose all sorts of penalties for thought control on bullshit that has nothing to do with the game, and therefore, the job.

as a representative of the employer and brand, they are to act in accordance with the professional guidelines set forth for the employment they enjoy

AGAIN ---- show us anywhere in these guidelines --- or the rules of the game --- this game or any game --- where the national anthem has any function at all. STILL waiting on that.

Nope. It's about bullshit PC thought control where you get to coerce people into parroting your own beliefs, or else.
Whelp, that's a bullshit fascist world that cannot be justified, and you can't have it. It's really that simple.

It apparently also flies over your head here that the act in question is not an active one of commission, but a passive one of omission --- not what he did, but what he declined to go along with. Think about that and explain why this isn't thought fascism.

And this is why you don't get to go down this road:

>> (August 1, 1918) Earnest V. Starr from Rosebud, Montana, is tried and convicted of committing "the crime of sedition" by uttering "contemptuous and slurring language about the flag" and "language calculated to bring the flag into contempt and disrepute."

Starr had been accosted by a mob which demanded that he kiss the American flag, but he refused. Today he is sentenced to 10-20 years of hard labor in a state penitentiary as well as fined $500 plus court costs. Montana has some of the harshest laws against showing "contempt" towards the flag that exist in pre-World War I America. << (here)​

Again --- another act of omission .... refusing to go along with mob mentality. Ten to twenty hard labor.
Apparently you need to be a rocket surgeon to figure this out?

Just my two cents.

This is the exact same lame argument for thought control that was going on the day I joined this site, interestingly also connected to professional sports, that being the rabid collective drooling by the firearm fetishists that "Bob Costas should be fired" for suggesting we have a gun culture in his commentary. This was accompanied by "David Gregory should be arrested", ""Piers Morgan should be deported" and some newspaper (I forget which one) should be "closed" for speaking out on the same issue and daring to question the gun-PC mentality.

"Fire him". "Deport him". "Arrest him". "Run them out of business". All for not following some party line. That's fucking fascism, it's what George Orwell warned us about, and it's indefensible.

No one...I mean absolutely no one....loves censorship and thought police more than the libtards.

And that's why I'm a Liberal and not a "libtard" --- whatever that might be.
And that's also why in the time mentioned above I was the one DEFENDING the rights of Costas, et al, to speak their minds. Much to the opposition of the ideological facists -- the gun nuts who wanted these dissenting voices "fired", "arrested", "deported", "run out of business" and in any other way they could think of "silenced".

As another Liberal who saw the dangers of groupthink put it:

"The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices - to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own - for the children and the children yet unborn." --- Rod Serling, 1960

Last edited:

Sounds like someone who never played football at any level.

It is hardly tame and is a very physical tough sport. More so than any other sport out there.

Yeah, I realized only after making that post that some butthurt fanboy would chime in. I'll bet you even say "we" when you talk about your favorite team, too. :dev3:

The bottom line is that the owners are going along with the protests and will continue to go along with them even when they get much more widespread....the owners are not going to do anything whatsoever to alienate its black players and the black players are being radicalized and will continue to be radicalized to a much greater extent.

Now someone might wonder....where is all this headed? I think the same place our society in general is headed...social chaos....unless hillary is defeated.

Exactly

I was a huge fan of the NFL. I bought my team's jerseys, I bought football trading cards, many of which I got the players to sign. I watched football every Sunday. As soon as that idiot kaepernick started kneeling and they did nothing about it, in addition to the "hands up don't shoot" stupidity that the players demonstrated, I quit watching and never returned. maybe there's a new generation that doesn't care and watches anyway, maybe their advertizing revenue is up, doesn't matter. They lost my support and all that money. I'll never return because I've been boycotting for like 7 years now and I no longer miss it.

Forum List

Back