YAY! It's official!

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I am officially licensed as of Monday! I had the vet fax the results into my licensor on Friday, and she faxed back my info and will mail out my certificate tomorrow.

I put my notice in at work on Friday, and we have enough saved and have utility bills paid up for 4 months, a few thousand in savings, and with our refinance that is saving us $500 a month (the process paid off ALL our credit debt, including my car), I can be a stay-at-home mom comfortably while I build my enrollment-so no real rush. I already have an infant lined up for December/January, and I have a family interviewing tomorrow!

It feels good to have it all overwith and not need training classes for another year, not stressing about what needs to be done before inspection, stressing about more and more paperwork and not sure about an official opening date.

I can now go shopping for supplies and toys instead of spending money on the house to get it in shape for a daycare.

:thewave: :banana:

Well done, Kitty, nice going.

Now all ya gotta do is keep it up for most of the rest
of your working life;

30 years? 40 years?

It is a tough road, but with a lot of happy stops and places.

I got no doubt about you. Well done.

Congratulations! Now you are a business owner and are doomed to worry and fret the rest of your working career...

:D

Best of luck Fuzzy. You'll probably find it much nicer working from home, plus your future is now in your control.

oh, don't worry, i'll just bombard you with PM's full of questions... :tng:

I have a few people who are also providers that can help me though, if I have any questions, as well as my licensor is a huge help and super friendly.

Just get together with them as often as possible, the other providers will become your life line(s), even if it's a ginormous hassle!

All in all, I enjoyed doing it, I just burned out.

Naive? It's different. You'll see.:rolleyes:

Snotcicles. :laugh:

"why didn't you pee when we left"

"everyone just went pee, why didn't you go? Now all of us have to go back"

"what do you mean you're shoes don't fit anymore?"

"No. You pull your undewear down too"

"how can you lose your shirt?"

"How many times do I have to tell you? Let me know and I'll tell you all at once" <------- my personal favorite.

:laugh:

I am officially licensed as of Monday! I had the vet fax the results into my licensor on Friday, and she faxed back my info and will mail out my certificate tomorrow.

I put my notice in at work on Friday, and we have enough saved and have utility bills paid up for 4 months, a few thousand in savings, and with our refinance that is saving us $500 a month (the process paid off ALL our credit debt, including my car), I can be a stay-at-home mom comfortably while I build my enrollment-so no real rush. I already have an infant lined up for December/January, and I have a family interviewing tomorrow!

It feels good to have it all overwith and not need training classes for another year, not stressing about what needs to be done before inspection, stressing about more and more paperwork and not sure about an official opening date.

I can now go shopping for supplies and toys instead of spending money on the house to get it in shape for a daycare.

:thewave: :banana:

I'm so happy for you! :thewave: But I hate you! You are in much better shape than myself! ::bow3: You enjoy and help make those kids ones their middle school kids will adore you for!

Forum List

Back