Yaxley going back to jail

What a great start to the weekend.

Perhaps the thick fucker could take a journalism course while he is there.
Who is Yaxley?

A far-right, anti-Muslim activist in the UK. He was originally arrested for live-streaming a criminal trial involving Muslim defendants in violation of the court's order. He was released on a technicality after his original contempt proceeding and now is rearrested.

Tommy defends fascism in action yet again.

Is anybody surprised?

Fascism has a proud tradition in the UK. From the BUF to present day.

Fascists-e1508693481986-1024x640.jpg

nazi.jpg

He isnt being persecuted. He broke the law.
The law is enforced selectively, to say the least. The media isn't hamstrung by this seldom enforced law.
Actually they are. There are several high profile cases where they have been held to account. Generally the professional press understands the rules and keeps to them. There were 29 separate but linked trials that this clown put at risk. Fuck him.

Actually they are. There are several high profile cases where they have been held to account. Generally the professional press understands the rules and keeps to them. There were 29 separate but linked trials that this clown put at risk. Fuck him.
I just dispute the whole premise that taking someone's picture puts him in legal jeopardy. It's all bullshit. Ever hear of a gent named O.J. Simpson by any chance?

I watched the slow speed car chase when the LA cops were following O.J. en masse down the LA freeway at bar in Sonoma, California with my brother on a big screen t.v. because the NBA playoff game we were trying to watch had been preempted due to this nationally watched event.
Maybe aside from Charles Manson no case in history had the public attention O.J. got.

And yet he was acquitted. Publicity does NOT equal "at risk". When the British press descended on Jimmy Saville's home with helicopters there were no repercussions for them maybe because they weren't taking an unpopular stance against grooming gangs.

I just dispute the whole premise that taking someone's picture puts him in legal jeopardy. It's all bullshit. Ever hear of a gent named O.J. Simpson by any chance?

I watched the slow speed car chase when the LA cops were following O.J. en masse down the LA freeway at bar in Sonoma, California with my brother on a big screen t.v. because the NBA playoff game we were trying to watch had been preempted due to this nationally watched event.
Maybe aside from Charles Manson no case in history had the public attention O.J. got.

And yet he was acquitted. Publicity does NOT equal "at risk". When the British press descended on Jimmy Saville's home with helicopters there were no repercussions for them maybe because they weren't taking an unpopular stance against grooming gangs.
It was Cliff Richards home not Savilles, But this was a different situation. Cliff wasnt on trial, I dont even think he was charged. And he wreaked his revenge in the civil courts afterwards.I thought that was a shocking episode and I also wondered how he would have had a fair trial after it. Having said that I understand why the police did it.

Some of the defendants in the Yaxley case applied to have their cases dismissed on the back of all of this. That would have been a travesty.

This is a decent article on the subject.
Tommy Robinson case: What is contempt of court?

This lists a few other cases of contempt.

What other famous cases have there been?
In 2011, the Sun and the Daily Mail were found guilty of contempt for pictures they published during a murder trial. They had shown the defendant holding a gun, which risked prejudicing the jury.

The following year, the Daily Mail and the Daily Mirror were found guilty of contempt, following serial killer Levi Bellfield's conviction for the murder of schoolgirl Milly Dowler.

Their articles were part of an "avalanche" of bad character information about Bellfield. The Daily Mirror article detailed his violent treatment and sexual abuse of his ex-wife and a former partner.

New Topics

Forum List

Back