Yard signs in PA...

From your own article, that you cleverly didn't link;

{But the idea stressed by fracking critics that deep-injected fluids will migrate into groundwater is mostly false. Basic geology prevents such contamination from starting below ground. A fracture caused by the drilling process would have to extend through the several thousand feet of rock that separate deep shale gas deposits from freshwater aquifers. According to geologist Gary Lash of the State University of New York at Fredonia, the intervening layers of rock have distinct mechanical properties that would prevent the fissures from expanding a mile or more toward the surface. It would be like stacking a dozen bricks on top of each other, he says, and expecting a crack in the bottom brick to extend all the way to the top one. What's more, the fracking fluid itself, thickened with additives, is too dense to ascend upward through such a channel. }

nice find. People really should learn to read their own fucking source articles, eh?:lol:

i did read the whole thing......sorry i didnt realize you needed everything cut and pasted....i assume if people were interested they would follow the link and read the whole thing....

again i simply over estimated ya

A... you failed to notice that the article was not anti-fracking
B... You post no link, dumb ass.

fracking has been done for decades....so the video is after fracking

SGEIS Spills the Beans on Naturally Occurring Methane in NY Water | Energy In Depth – Northeast Marcellus Initiative

Over the next few days we will be skimming through the updated Supplemental Generic Environmental Impact Statement (SGEIS), available here, which was recently released by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation. For today, our focus will be on methane in private wells and groundwater throughout New York’s history as relayed by the SGEIS. For a post like this, its best to let the SGEIS speak for itself:

The presence of naturally occurring methane in ground seeps and water wells is well documented throughout New York State.
NYSDEC SGEIS Pg. 4-38

The existence of naturally occurring methane seeps in New York has been known since the mid 1600s.NYSDEC SGEIS Pg. 4-38

In his 1966 report on the Jamestown Aquifer, Crain explained that natural gas could occur in any water well in the area which ends in bedrock or in unconsolidated deposits overlain by fine-grained confining.
NYSDEC SGEIS Pg. 4-38

These quotes help to paint the background of New Yorkers’ history with methane finding its way to their wells, which has roots long before modern gas drilling techniques were even invented let alone employed in New York state. Of all these quotes, this is the most compelling and succinct.

The highest methane concentration from all samples analyzed was 22.4 mg/L from a well in Schoharie County; the average detected value was 0.79 mg/L.59 These groundwater results confirm that methane migration to shallow aquifers is a natural phenomenon and can be expected to occur in active and non-active natural gas drilling areas.
NYDEC SGEIS Pg. 4-41

fracking has been done for decades....so the video is after fracking

SGEIS Spills the Beans on Naturally Occurring Methane in NY Water | Energy In Depth – Northeast Marcellus Initiative

Over the next few days we will be skimming through the updated Supplemental Generic Environmental Impact Statement (SGEIS), available here, which was recently released by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation. For today, our focus will be on methane in private wells and groundwater throughout New York’s history as relayed by the SGEIS. For a post like this, its best to let the SGEIS speak for itself:

The presence of naturally occurring methane in ground seeps and water wells is well documented throughout New York State.
NYSDEC SGEIS Pg. 4-38

The existence of naturally occurring methane seeps in New York has been known since the mid 1600s.NYSDEC SGEIS Pg. 4-38

In his 1966 report on the Jamestown Aquifer, Crain explained that natural gas could occur in any water well in the area which ends in bedrock or in unconsolidated deposits overlain by fine-grained confining.
NYSDEC SGEIS Pg. 4-38

These quotes help to paint the background of New Yorkers’ history with methane finding its way to their wells, which has roots long before modern gas drilling techniques were even invented let alone employed in New York state. Of all these quotes, this is the most compelling and succinct.

The highest methane concentration from all samples analyzed was 22.4 mg/L from a well in Schoharie County; the average detected value was 0.79 mg/L.59 These groundwater results confirm that methane migration to shallow aquifers is a natural phenomenon and can be expected to occur in active and non-active natural gas drilling areas.
NYDEC SGEIS Pg. 4-41

pearls before swine, Newby... pearls before swine.

I've been driving around a lot the last week or so, and something just dawned on me. I have seen quite a few Romney yard signs, but not a single Obama yard sign. not one. Zilch.

This time in 2008, you could not throw a stone in PA without hitting an Obama yard sign.

Are his supporters ashamed? Afraid? Gone?

Same here in TX. Romney signs everywhere, Barry signs nowhere. :clap2:

I've been driving around a lot the last week or so, and something just dawned on me. I have seen quite a few Romney yard signs, but not a single Obama yard sign. not one. Zilch.

This time in 2008, you could not throw a stone in PA without hitting an Obama yard sign.

Interesting. We have plenty of both in Michigan. Does the area you live in lean conservative?

$fha_financial_condition_244x183.jpg

$Arizonawarningsign-300x225.jpg

$obama-sombrerofest.jpg

All signs point to getting his ass down the street...........:clap2::clap2:

Interesting. We have plenty of both in Michigan. Does the area you live in lean conservative?

not really.

Forum List

Back