Y'all think Obama is talking down to blacks?

I don't believe that I used the term 'racist.'

Consider the same situation speaking to Hispanics...

Consider the same situation speaking to Asians...

Consider how the Left has taught the electorate to seek 'offenses' the way
pigs seek truffles.

Couldn't be a better example of same than post #24 above...

Read post #4.

The "Left" taught blacks to use different dialects when speaking amongst ourselves and when we talk to whites? Whites really have no clue about black Americans, do you? This came up in 2008 and it's stuff like this that brings any wavering minority support right back to Obama. It just shows that the conservative/republican/tea party crowd is really clueless about minority communities.

1. You are correct...I should have said that I didn't apply the term 'racist' to any of the individuals in the thread. Rep on the way.
I avoid the term as some sort of indictment...
...it is all in the mind of the listener.

2. 'The "Left" taught blacks to use different dialects when speaking amongst ourselves and when we talk to whites?'
Although I read "Losing the Race" some time ago, I believe McWorter makes the point that being authenically black is often ascertained by knowledge of 'black lingo..'...

"According to McWhorter, nearly forty years after the Civil Rights Act, African-Americans in this country still remain “a race apart.” He feels that modern black Americans have internalized a tacit message: “authentically black” people stress initiative in private but cloak the race in victimhood in public in order to protect black people from an ever-looming white backlash. McWhorter terms this phenomenon the “New Double Consciousness” in homage to W. E. B. Dubois’s description of a different kind of double consciousness in blacks a century ago. It is within this context that McWhorter takes us on a guided tour through the race issues dominating our current discourse . . ."
Manhattan Institute | Books by John H. McWhorter

Remember..."terrorist fist jab?" They actually threw that out because he fist bumped his wife. Jesus H. Christ. The conservatives have no idea....none.

Read post #4.

The "Left" taught blacks to use different dialects when speaking amongst ourselves and when we talk to whites? Whites really have no clue about black Americans, do you? This came up in 2008 and it's stuff like this that brings any wavering minority support right back to Obama. It just shows that the conservative/republican/tea party crowd is really clueless about minority communities.

1. You are correct...I should have said that I didn't apply the term 'racist' to any of the individuals in the thread. Rep on the way.

2. 'The "Left" taught blacks to use different dialects when speaking amongst ourselves and when we talk to whites?'
Although I read "Losing the Race" some time ago, I believe McWorter makes the point that being authenically black is often ascertained by knowledge of 'black lingo..'...

"According to McWhorter, nearly forty years after the Civil Rights Act, African-Americans in this country still remain “a race apart.” He feels that modern black Americans have internalized a tacit message: “authentically black” people stress initiative in private but cloak the race in victimhood in public in order to protect black people from an ever-looming white backlash. McWhorter terms this phenomenon the “New Double Consciousness” in homage to W. E. B. Dubois’s description of a different kind of double consciousness in blacks a century ago. It is within this context that McWhorter takes us on a guided tour through the race issues dominating our current discourse . . ."

Remember..."terrorist fist jab?" They actually threw that out because he fist bumped his wife. Jesus H. Christ. The conservatives have no idea....none.

I wasn't aware that New Yorker magazine was conservative in their leanings.

2008_07_14_NewYorkerObama.jpg

Last edited:
Ask C. Rice, M. Steele, Jennifer Carroll, Tim Scott, Colin Powell, etc.

Moron.

The fact that you can name the few in that party says a lot. It really does.
The fact that you think those are the only ones says more. It really does.

This was taken at the mccain palin rally. Word has it, there were two blacks there and one of them worked (reluctantly) at the consession stand. :doubt:
rnc3_042.jpg

Oh yeah...plenty of diversity in that party. PLENTY!
rnc3_045.jpg

The fact that you can name the few in that party says a lot. It really does.

This was taken at the mccain palin rally. Word has it, there were two blacks there and one of them worked (reluctantly) at the consession stand. :doubt:
rnc3_042.jpg

rnc3_045.jpg
And, are you making some sort of point? You seem to think so.

That says even more. It really does.

They did that because someone at fox actually said this and was serious.

Did you know this or are you being ignorant?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vmQrTi3aM]Terrorist Fist Jab - YouTube[/ame]

rnc3_042.jpg

rnc3_045.jpg

You sort of got pwned and wont admit it and it says everything about you.

You can name a few black republicans and you think they are not a miniscule minority in that party? Really?

Need more pics of republican gatherings and you can try to find a minority in that crowd?

They did that because someone at fox actually said this and was serious.

Did you know this or are you being ignorant?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vmQrTi3aM]Terrorist Fist Jab - YouTube[/ame]

MountainMan didn't realize that it was satirical. :rolleyes: I looked at a short clip of the last Repub debate and it was, you guessed it, a sea of white faces. :clap2:

rnc3_042.jpg

rnc3_045.jpg

You sort of got pwned and wont admit it and it says everything about you.

You can name a few black republicans and you think they are not a miniscule minority in that party? Really?

Need more pics of republican gatherings and you can try to find a minority in that crowd?
I got "pwned" by Zona?

Who knew?

So how does it make a political party racist if blacks do not join that party? Don't they have a choice?

I seriously doubt that any of you who throw the R word around all the time have EVER had a black person to dinner at your home.

rnc3_042.jpg
My pic only has one black in it.

obama_huge_crowd.jpg

My pic only has one black in it.

obama_huge_crowd.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Where was that? It would appear there is a black at about 2 o'clock in the pic.

Read post #4.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Now, why insert some extaneous bit of blather, ..."terrorist fist jab"...that neither I nor anyone else brought up.

I suppose because you are unaware that John McWorter is black...could that be?
And, goes without saying, you haven't read any of his work.
Am I right?

Now, as for 'those conservatives'.....
"McWhorter characterizes himself as "a cranky liberal Democrat."
John McWhorter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The conservatives have no idea....none."
Kind of makes you look.....what....dumb?

When you grow up, perhaps mom will let you get a library card.

Don’t let me keep you…I know you are hungrily searching for a new human host organism.

“It gets folks discouraged. I know. I listen to some of y’all,”-- Barack "Homie" Obama

Seriously? How folksy! He's as fucking ignorant as any of the other inner city public school educated Chillun.

Dats da troof!

What do the rest of y'all think? Is he talking down to his largely black and unemployed audience?

Saying y'all means you're talking down to blacks? Hitting the bottle a little early today? This is retarded even by your standards.

"So what cases do y'all want to review for the Law Review this month?" -- Barack "Dew Rag" Obama, President of the Harvard Law Review

And?.....I'm still waiting on your proof that saying 'y'all' to a group of people means you're talking down to them.

That's clearly a parody of the criticisms and conspiracy theories of the far-right. The burning American flag, the "terrorist fist jab", the accusations that Obama's a Muslim. It's all there. You don't seriously believe that the New Yorker was calling Obama a terrorist, do you?

Last edited:
Remember the Sotomayor Supreme Court confirmation hearings where Tom Coburn said to her in his best Ricky Ricardo accent, " “You’ll have lots of ’splainin’ to do,”? He wasn't talking down to her. Not in the least. Could you cons be consistant on just one thing?

and of course those white Democrats know all about them.....the Democrats are with Black People,as long as you stay where you are.....see how they react when a Black family moves into their nice white neighborhood......there is a reason Sharpton said the Democrats take the Black vote for granted,but yet no one gets invited over for dinner....

Talking down to them would indicate that've cares on some level about them. Look at his policies. Look at his speeches. Look at his commitment to help renew the inner cities of America .... He is trying to getthem back. He sees the a black man, one with a history of actually doing things won the Florida straw pole and may well be the eventual nominee ... The black vote is no longer a lock if the Pubs parade Cain out there in NH

"The black vote is no longer a lock if the Pubs parade Cain out there in NH"

Thanks for proving my point. Herman Cain wouldn't get 5% of the black vote. He wouldn't even equal the percentage of the black vote that McCain got in 2008.

Do you know she was quoting the words of a negro spiritual?

OF course she doesnt know. You see, she thought it was a gotcha thing and it turns out it makes her look like an idiot.

Here is the proof that one can only judge others by oneself.

This is why I think others are knowledgeable, and you assume I didn't know.

BTW...I never lie. I knew.
Can you say the same?

You lie. You lied regarding post #4.

I don't believe that I used the term 'racist.'

Consider the same situation speaking to Hispanics...

Consider the same situation speaking to Asians...

Consider how the Left has taught the electorate to seek 'offenses' the way
pigs seek truffles.

Couldn't be a better example of same than post #24 above...

Read post #4.

Get back to me after you watch Mississippi Masala.

Only woman in the room is really from Africa and they all diss her. Only African.

Get a grip on what you are. You are Americans. Pity you punks still think you are still on a slave ship out of Boston.

The difference between you and me is that I use my experiences of living as a black American to shape my posts and you use a fictional movie to shape yours. Typical.

Forum List

Back