Yahoo! Threatening Its Contributors for Telling Truth

Discussion in 'Media' started by LAfrique, Sep 1, 2011.

1. LAfrique

LAfrique VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Several days ago, I started the discussion “Were You Required to Have Yahoo! Email?” on Associatedcontent.com now owned by Yahoo! Days later and after some responses, I chimed in expanding on why I made inquiry. My brief explanation was quoted in the response of a fellow contributor. When I returned about two days later to the discussion, my explanation plus quote by fellow contributor had been deleted.

I had simply given my concise story about why Yahoo! upon taking over Associatedcontent demanded that all Yahoo! contributors have a Yahoo! email account: Surveillance was my guess. I believe Yahoo! like Microsoft and Google is in bed with governments and that Yahoo! is commissioned to track all its literary users.

I wrote to the contact on Associatedcontent.com seeking to know why my comment had been deleted. Several days went by and I received no reply. Today I received an email from Yahoo! alleging I was in violation of its Terms and Conditions and that it reserves the right to terminate my account for expressing my opinion.

I read and have again read the Terms and Condition of use and TOS on Associatedcontent.com and saw nothing that would classify my properly expressed opinion as being in violation. Interestingly however, a contributor on Yahoo! Associatedcontent alleges my statement of fact is plain libel. To the contributor I again say:

One is not guilty of libel and/or slander for telling the truth. The fact that an expressed statement, whether spoken or published, got you between the eyes, exposes you for what you are and causes others to see your nasty side does not qualify truthful statement as libel and/or slander.

Darn paranoid entities and surveillance! Well, we humans just cannot be intimidated.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    If you stated that Yahoo are 'in bed' with governments, that is libel. Unless you can prove it to be true, which I doubt. Your opinion is not 'truth'. Your opinion is just your opinion.

Idiot

3. LAfrique

LAfrique VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Truth is opinion by someone or group of persons and an opinion does not always have be proven conventionally for it to be the truth:

Neither you nor I can see the wind. but when the branches bow northward, we know the wind is blowing North.

We did not know what was in dust of World Trade Towers (though some "conspiracy theorists" knew better and attempted to spread the word), but when hundreds of people that were present at ground zero suddenly developed mesothelioma - a lung cancer, we now know asbestos was indeed in dust of World Trade Towers.

Besides, Yahoo! like Google states in its policy that it may share your personal information if necessary, though one did not suspect they would be passing on information to our government in the "land of the free" now suffering from paranoia and turned oppressive.

In conclusion, I do not have to be a meteorologist to know what direction the wind is blowing and do not have to have the wind in my hand to know that the wind is real.

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    No, opinion is opinion, it is not fact - it is not 'truth'. Much as you might be dumb enough to think otherwise, it just ain't so.

In conclusion, you're an idiot.

5. LAfrique

LAfrique VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Californiagirl, if you are obese and I told you that you are obese, though it is my opinion and may offend you, my opinion is nonetheless a fact and the truth.

6. yidnar

yidnar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +931
    CALIFORNIASLUT fell asleep on the beach and green peace tried to drag her fat as back out to sea!!:lol::lol:

7. LAfrique

LAfrique VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    On several occasions while editing some of my articles in my Yahoo! email account, I have had the computer freeze on me or have my very controversial articles deleted, though I had not touch the delete key or high-lighted a word.

8. LAfrique

LAfrique VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I think there is much more about this collective surveillance by governments and their allies: I think the thinkers amongst us are being tracked to see just how much we know about the events surrounding us.

While some inquiring minds searched for other intelligent beings and some with sight so wonderful they could see civilization on Mars, I believe we are not alone. OMG! It is a war between the humans like us and the humans like them!

9. LAfrique

LAfrique VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I think she is simply pompous and without much ability to reason.

10. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    I see the problem.

You are an idiot, and it is Yahoo's fault.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1