Ya know? How about an honest discussion.

There is no basis in fact or logic for claiming universal health insurance will drive down health care/insurance rates. Government run/controlled health care/insurance can drive down health care/insurance rates by, to the extent the government controls the market, forcing providers, doctors, hospitals, etc., to accept lower payments and by rationing health care services in various ways, however, Congress could pass laws today that would force providers to accept lower payments and prevent insurance companies from providing high cost services without universal health care/insurance and without a government run plan and thereby significantly lower per capita health care costs. HR 3200 already contains provisions to limit increases in insurance premiums from private insurers, and over time this will force providers to accept less money or the insurance companies to provide less coverage.

Uh, excuse me toomuchtime......................... Did you go back and read your own post?

Just saying? You seem to have made several of my points very, very well.

Yep we have to set rates on drugs and procedures to bend the cost curve in medical care. It's done in other nations and works very well.

And it seems your all for HR 3200 toomuchtime which by the by the way includes a public option to drive down costs from private insurers.

By your post seems your for it. Good for you toomuchtime.

I was just trying to help you overcome your confusion about the effects of universal health care/insurance and government controlled health care/insurance on costs and how there is no necessary relationship between them, but obviously I failed.

If I wished to prove my claim to be non-partisan and my stated desire for an honest discussion, I wouldn't link to anything partisan.

Right?

Especially not AP, WND (whatever that is) or any of the MSM.

You don't know what World Net Daily is? Really? Did you just fall off the turnip truck and stumble onto the interwebs message boards yesterday or something? :eusa_liar:
I simply have no information on WND, other than since you referenced it, it must be partisan.

See?

And I've been on the innertubes since even before Al Gore invented it! :rofl:

Then how come you still appear to be so unenlightened? If you have spent 20 years doing research on the Internet, you wouldn't have made that last truly stupid comment.

snopes.com: Al Gore Invented the Internet

It doesn't really effect me what you think I want. Me and my Gram are good friends, but she's also not an anti-"times are changin!!" moron.

(i dont want people who disagree with me to die, fuckin dick.).

How about not being the complete moron, claiming to be non-partisan and wanting an honest discussion, then linking us to an article from the corrupt and dishonest and partisan AP!

^ that logic is what I mean by douchebag. My reading yahoo! news points to my partisanship. Right. And pimples are caused by premature ejaculation. My friend doris has a house on the dark side of the moon, and my grandma won a beat contest against Tommy Lee. Cool ---- story ---- bro.
"Yahoo news" is simply a regurgitator of the MSM. The actual article the link goes to is from the AP.

Next!

So where does your regurgitation come from?

First, I am not a conservative. Second, I don't give two red rat's asses what happens on indian reservations. But you, as a liberal, should.

They have third-world health care that is run by the government. It's horrendous by all accounts. Shouldn't they fix that first? Prove to us they can run a health care program?

I'm sure there's no outside factors such as where their Doctors went to school, how different their diets/lifestyles are, etc. Must all be that evil liberal boogyman stuff. There can't be any other explanation.
Why don't you study it and find out? Have some honesty. Expect and demand the government FIX it no matter what the specific problems are. Make them show competence in driving a tricycle instead of handing them the keys to the bus?

Simpleton moron.

Yeah, we should just believe AP, NBC, SeeBS, and all the media outlets. They have no dog in this fight and are unbiased!

Right?

:lol::lol::lol: :rofl: :rofl: :lol::lol::lol: :rofl: :rofl: :lol::lol::lol: :rofl: :rofl: :lol::lol::lol:

I just wish everyone would quite bitching about the media and look for panel debates by respected and knowledgeable people within the medical arena on C-Span who know what the fuck they're talking about, and will give YOU the information in LAY TERMS so that you will *get* it in a completely unbiased fashion. In the meantime, a reminder that NOTHING HAS YET BEEN PASSED, NOR EVEN LEGALLY DEBATED BY CONGRESS.
And yet? They tried to BUMUSH this through before anyone had a chance to READ it and analyze it!

Which is also bullshit. For one thing the HOUSE doesn't enact bills. So it has yet to "push through" anything, if my translation of "bumush" is correct.

Second point, if "nobody read it," then why all the point-by-point conflict during and immediately after the House passed its version? Make some sense, cowboy.

Why don't you study it and find out? Have some honesty. Expect and demand the government FIX it no matter what the specific problems are. Make them show competence in driving a tricycle instead of handing them the keys to the bus?

Simpleton moron.

There you go pegging me for someone who's in support of the Gubbamint regardless of tactic. No, you're just mad that I called assholes, assholes, so I'm an automatic leftist in your book. Giant book it is, too. Everyone who isn't down the line is an evil leftist that the country should be ohhh so afraid of. Right>? :eek:

You don't know what World Net Daily is? Really? Did you just fall off the turnip truck and stumble onto the interwebs message boards yesterday or something? :eusa_liar:
I simply have no information on WND, other than since you referenced it, it must be partisan.

See?

Then how come you still appear to be so unenlightened? If you have spent 20 years doing research on the Internet, you wouldn't have made that last truly stupid comment.

snopes.com: Al Gore Invented the Internet
It was a joke, stupid. That's what the ROFL icon means.

And here we go again, linking to a partisan "fact" site. Snopes! Love it!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

See?

Since WND is one of the sources sited as acceptable just like Fox News, Weekly Standard, Washington Times and Rush by folks who whine about the LMSM.......and the fact that I've known of you from years on another board, I simply don't believe you don't know what WND is as it is linked to constantly by posters.
I have never been aware of any such "list." Can you link me to it?

Sure, just as soon as you link us to your proof that the AP has been sucking Obama's dick since day one. See how that works?

Simpleton moron.

There you go pegging me for someone who's in support of the Gubbamint regardless of tactic. No, you're just mad that I called assholes, assholes, so I'm an automatic leftist in your book. Giant book it is, too. Everyone who isn't down the line is an evil leftist that the country should be ohhh so afraid of. Right>? :eek:
I'm not "mad" at all. I send dings to dishonest idiots who try to cloak themselves as "non-partisan." Don't like it? Tough noogies.

Fucking crybaby.

So is Obama and his "gram." But as he says, she's a "typical white person."

You think old people should get out of the way or get run over. Wait, you don't just think it, you said it.

Have you told your gram that?

My gram doesnt fight new technology and ways of doing things, hence "getting out of the way" and when she disagrees w/something, she discusses it maturely, unlike Radio Gods who provide : "it's the evil leftist swine conspiracy." :eek:

So is Obama and his "gram." But as he says, she's a "typical white person."

You think old people should get out of the way or get run over. Wait, you don't just think it, you said it.

Have you told your gram that?

My gram doesnt fight new technology and ways of doing things, hence "getting out of the way" and when she disagrees w/something, she discusses it maturely, unlike Radio Gods who provide : "it's the evil leftist swine conspiracy." :eek:
Why do you hate old people and want them dead? I certainly don't.

Why are you a ageism bigot?

I'm not "mad" at all. I send dings to dishonest idiots who try to cloak themselves as "non-partisan." Don't like it? Tough noogies.

Fucking crybaby.

I could care less how you feel, it's just fun that you're engaging me the way cupcakes like you have been engaging people on the net for years and it's predictable. Don't like it? Lick mah bawwws:razz:

Fucking crybaby.

I could care less how you feel, it's just fun that you're engaging me the way cupcakes like you have been engaging people on the net for years and it's predictable. Don't like it? Lick mah bawwws:razz:
I am "engaging" your obvious dishonesty and your complete lack of any grasp of irony. Oh and your total, towering lack of intellectual honesty, even with yourself.

You want old people to just hurry up and die already. Ageism bigots like you make me ashamed I joined you in voting for Obama!

honest discussion would take the admission by americans that we do not have the best medical system in the world....destroying an allusion that many cling to.

Why do you persist in saying such silly things?

There is no problem for most Americans in admitting that we might not have the "best" medical system in the world. On the other hand, much of the proposed tinkering would make it a whole lot worse.

It also isn't a "system." It is a business. And the problem I see with most of the chuckleheads on the left who insist that our medical delivery "system" is "bad," stems from the fact that they abhor "business."

The word you wanted, by the way, was illusion. An allusion is something else entirely.

What we have in the health care delivery business is actually pretty good. It may not be perfect, but that is not the same thing as "bad." The proposed tinkering could easily make it "bad" -- as in the kind of crap they have in Canada.

most industrialized countries see medical care as providing security for their people...not the u.s. people who cling to the "rationed" medical care are in denial of the current system that rations medical care according to profit. should health care be profitable? or should hmos be deciding health care over doctors? is it right to deny advance treatments in hopes of the patient dying and going away? that is what insurance companies engage in now.

More overwrought nonsense. YOUR porposed "system" will unquestionably engage in rationing, too. The only question will be HOW "they" decide how to apportion the scarce resources. The "they" will be largely government beauracrats. Oh, and thanks. That's great. And their bases for suich rationing dcisions will be partly economic and partly something else (I won't spell it all out just yet, but use your imagination). ANd the result WILL, unquestionably, be that we ALL get crappy medical services.

if you question allotting funds for treatment of the old....then you must question funds for treatment of all..should extreme premmies be saved? there are moral and ethical questions most will not face...so there will never be an "honest" discussion

Again, the "rationing" implicit in the new "system" you call for will be based on something other than profits, perhaps, but it will still entail a great deal of worrying over costs and expenses.

Why don't you just come out and say, clearly and without equivocation, what it is about the present medical delivery business in the United States that offends you so?

KISS look at Massachusetts.

The model for what is proposed. How far in the red is that state??? Hello?

None of the states which have implemented their own health care initiatives ever promised it wouldn't cost anything at the startup, nor that it would ever be a profitable exercise. THINK, for a change, would ya?

But the quality of care and the availabilty of care have both decreased in my state over the last 2 years while the cost of care has risen over the same time frame.

That is what OUR universal health care has done, so far, along with leaving people uninsured and even removing people from the medicare rolls (30,000 LEGAL immigrants sounds like rationing. )

Maybe the knucleheads in congress are smarter than the history of all their other proposed social programs prove. If this bill does pass I can only pray that they are.

Could you post some current statistics to support your contentions? I recently read an interview with Governor Romney on Human Events, and while he repeats the usual Republican spin about universal care (and public health care insurance), he also defends his own plan which is incredibly similar.

Romney Attacks Obamacare - HUMAN EVENTS

Forum List

Back