Ya know? How about an honest discussion.

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
Some people amaze me man.

In the spirit of politics, it was 1,000% predictable that the "opposition" party would disapprove of ANY bill proposed regarding Healthcare.

But why can't I, an everyday non-partisan American hear some honest discussions on the subject without having to be so cynical, without having to read 1,000+ pages?

Why does the "opposition" party oppose this thing based on 1/2 lies, and 1/2 truths? Why lie? I fucking hate liars.

I remember when the 2006 debating began before that election, then the same in 2008. The Conservative guys like Limbaugh and Hannity ratcheted up their mean-spirited rhetoric and after some fact checks, I found they were fibbing (not all the way lies) around 50% of the time.

I can recall thinking, ya know, these guys' attitudes and mean spirit aren't going to do any good in getting votes. Most Americans are probably good people, and don't want to hear such negative angles on every little thing. No honest discussions from these fellows, such straight oppose oppose oppose and negative viewpoints. Why? Why? Why!!

My prediction came to fruition. The country is not as retarted as the sensationalizers and mean-spirited hosts think. Their ratings rose, because people enjoy controversial viewpoints. As their ratings rose, their voting support dropped. (odd:cuckoo:)

Here you have this:
FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root - Yahoo! News

A prime example of why I, a regular assed dude, am frustrated with my Country's political discussion. It's childish, and it makes me want to :lol: off politics and pop someone in the jugular.

So, thanks alot for the honest discussion on such an important issue in healthcare(important in my life), and yah....Obama's a nazi!! (ARGGGHHHH!)

*grow the fuck up, political "debaters"

In the spirit of politics, it was 1,000% predictable that the "opposition" party would disapprove of ANY bill proposed regarding Healthcare.

But why can't I, an everyday non-partisan American hear some honest discussions on the subject without having to be so cynical, without having to read 1,000+ pages?

Why does the "opposition" party oppose this thing based on 1/2 lies, and 1/2 truths? Why lie? I fucking hate liars.

I remember when the 2006 debating began before that election, then the same in 2008. The Conservative guys like Limbaugh and Hannity ratcheted up their mean-spirited rhetoric and after some fact checks, I found they were fibbing (not all the way lies) around 50% of the time.

I can recall thinking, ya know, these guys' attitudes and mean spirit aren't going to do any good in getting votes. Most Americans are probably good people, and don't want to hear such negative angles on every little thing. No honest discussions from these fellows, such straight oppose oppose oppose and negative viewpoints. Why? Why? Why!!

My prediction came to fruition. The country is not as retarted as the sensationalizers and mean-spirited hosts think. Their ratings rose, because people enjoy controversial viewpoints. As their ratings rose, their voting support dropped. (odd:cuckoo:)

Here you have this:

A prime example of why I, a regular assed dude, am frustrated with my Country's political discussion. It's childish, and it makes me want to :lol: off politics and pop someone in the jugular.

So, thanks alot for the honest discussion on such an important issue in healthcare(important in my life), and yah....Obama's a nazi!! (ARGGGHHHH!)

Why don't you mention some liberal pundits that tell "half truths" and outright "lies" and who are "mean-spirited"? You have not done anything that I've seen that resembles non-partisanship, this post is full of partisan bullshit. You want an honest discussion yet you can't be honest.

By the way Factcheck.org or whatever the fuck it's called doesn't tell the WHOLE truth. The bill doesn't say it will cover illegal immigrants, but it doesn't say it wouldn't either. The bill does provide cuts in Medicare,( 500 billion in the next ten years) which will effect senior citizens. Oh but factcheck doesn't mention that huh? How convenient.

I don't think you got the point. It's not a side vs. side discussion, it's a Discussion regarding what I've seen. That's it, that's all. Speaking from my own experience, that's it.

The "mean spirit" on the left must not be as in my face, or effective. The Radio ratings and television ratings belong to mean-spirited, controversial conservatives. So, those are who I spoke on.

Here you have this:

Why don't you mention some liberal pundits that tell "half truths" and outright "lies" and who are "mean-spirited"? You have not done anything that I've seen that resembles non-partisanship, this post is full of partisan bullshit. You want an honest discussion yet you can't be honest.

The main issue is there have been lies from both sides some so false they deserve an old fashion ass whoopin. That is the main issue you cant talk about truths when both sides are spouting lies and character attacks at each other.

There's no need to be snarky. It's a bajillion page bill. Who has time for that? I consider myself pretty dedicated to reading such things, I read very fast on top of that, and I certainly haven't read the whole thing. Probably about a third of it at this point. Admittedly I haven't been here long, but Lonestar hasn't come across to me as someone who rejects valid information.

I do strongly agree with your initial post in this thread.

Here you have this:

He was talking about the criticism of Obama's healthcare proposals. The criticism has come from the right. Of course there is bullshit from the left as well but that wasn't the point he was making. Why not just stick to the topic? Does everything have to be full of disclaimers?

By the way Factcheck.org or whatever the fuck it's called doesn't tell the WHOLE truth. The bill doesn't say it will cover illegal immigrants, but it doesn't say it wouldn't either. The bill does provide cuts in Medicare,( 500 billion in the next ten years) which will effect senior citizens. Oh but factcheck doesn't mention that huh? How convenient.

That's better.

honest discussion would take the admission by americans that we do not have the best medical system in the world....destroying an allusion that many cling to. most industrialized countries see medical care as providing security for their people...not the u.s. people who cling to the "rationed" medical care are in denial of the current system that rations medical care according to profit. should health care be profitable? or should hmos be deciding health care over doctors? is it right to deny advance treatments in hopes of the patient dying and going away? that is what insurance companies engage in now.

if you question allotting funds for treatment of the old....then you must question funds for treatment of all..should extreme premmies be saved? there are moral and ethical questions most will not face...so there will never be an "honest" discussion

Why does the "opposition" party oppose this thing based on 1/2 lies, and 1/2 truths? Why lie? I fucking hate liars

So, what's your take on Obama who has both publicaly stated that his objective is a single payer, government system and that he opposes a single payer government system?

This whole healthcare "debate" is a lie. There is no debate. It's all BS being crammed down your throat.

Anyway, every program these clowns have touched is now BROKE. So,. this is the magic nugget that they will get right? Yeah, okay.

But to be honest illegal immigrants already get free healthcare and we pay for it.

Why does this have to be done RIGHT NOW THIS WAY ONLY OR THE WORLD WILL STOP TURNING. Just like the bailouts, etc. Sorry, anytime i hear that shit I run for cover. And aren't these the same folks that insisted Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were "sound"???? When people raised questions about that they were called racists and told to STFU.

And gee, then guess what hapenned? BOOM!!!

But to be honest illegal immigrants already get free healthcare and we pay for it.
No doubt, and nobody I know advocates letting them die in the streets. BUT... something is serioulsy wrong when I take my 87 year old father, a career army guy from WWII & Korea to the emergency room and we have to wait behind 20 Mexicans with stubbed toes.
I wont accept that this cannot be addressed somehow.

honest discussion would take the admission by americans that we do not have the best medical system in the world....destroying an allusion that many cling to. most industrialized countries see medical care as providing security for their people...not the u.s. people who cling to the "rationed" medical care are in denial of the current system that rations medical care according to profit. should health care be profitable? or should hmos be deciding health care over doctors? is it right to deny advance treatments in hopes of the patient dying and going away? that is what insurance companies engage in now.

if you question allotting funds for treatment of the old....then you must question funds for treatment of all..should extreme premmies be saved? there are moral and ethical questions most will not face...so there will never be an "honest" discussion

Amen to the truth.

Thanks for your great post bones. Notice she asked questions, didn't call names or throw insults. If you don't like her questions give them an answer from you're own personal perspective.

Agreed. And to be honest, that will continue in cases of emergencies just as it does now.

I don't think you got the point. It's not a side vs. side discussion, it's a Discussion regarding what I've seen. That's it, that's all. Speaking from my own experience, that's it.

The "mean spirit" on the left must not be as in my face, or effective. The Radio ratings and television ratings belong to mean-spirited, controversial conservatives. So, those are who I spoke on.

Oh well hell why didn't you tell the people right up front you only wanted to talk to you. jeez so simple. for sure you won't disagree with you.. for it. dayuuum!

Oh well hell why didn't you tell the people right up front you only wanted to talk to you. jeez so simple. for sure you won't disagree with you.. for it. dayuuum!

Umm, let yourself out the door if you could, kindly.

I've read your literature, you have a distorted reality because you're an overt partisan. Not knocking you for it, but I'm not giving anything you say water based on past readings. Credibility issues and all that. :razz:

Forum List

Back