Ya gotta be shittin' me...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
... I'm sitting here, just got up, want to listen to some *NEWS*, flip on Fox, and what are they fucking DISCUSSING? They're discussing that if the cop that arrested that proffessor actually goes to the White House to have a "beer" with obama, *WHAT KIND OF BEER WILL THEY HAVE?*

My God... is that what our society has degraded itself too? Is that what the people think is *NEWS?*

I'm moving up into the mountains... I don't want to see or talk to another fucking DOUGH HEAD if THAT is what people think is *NEWS!*

... I'm sitting here, just got up, want to listen to some *NEWS*, flip on Fox, and what are they fucking DISCUSSING? They're discussing that if the cop that arrested that proffessor actually goes to the White House to have a "beer" with obama, *WHAT KIND OF BEER WILL THEY HAVE?*

My God... is that what our society has degraded itself too? Is that what the people think is *NEWS?*

I'm moving up into the mountains... I don't want to see or talk to another fucking DOUGH HEAD if THAT is what people think is *NEWS!*

Kudos.

I had the same revelation about 9 years ago.

Kudos.

I'll admit... I like Glen Beck, and sometimes Hannity and O'Reilly... but these morning shows and what not on Fox News are just as DUMB as any other network out there... I mean c'mon... :wtf:

Last edited:

Kudos.

I'll admit... I like Glen Beck, and sometimes Hannity and O'Reilly... but these morning shows and what not on Fox News are just DUMB as any other network out there... I mean c'mon... :wtf:

I could hear my IQ fall as I watched Fox or CNN at times... :lol: Seriously, the shit's ridiculous. In my opinion it is much better to get online and read news stories. Then you can choose whatever source you want. I usually read BBC, New York Times, and the Economist. Fuck TV.

What passes for NEWS today used to be called gossip.

The dumbing down of America continues.
Can't go down much further, I though we had reached the bottom with boxers or briefs, I think they focus group that point now.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csz4Fzv7hDQ[/ame]

Last edited:
They just called it "The Beer Summit" I am disgusted as well. The public still does not know what happened to Michael Jackson's nose nor how his love child was conceived. Geez.

Can't go down much further, I though we had reached the bottom with boxers or briefs, I think they focus group that point now.

America has always had a problem with its intelligensia, but it's now so clear that both parties are pandering to the truly stupid.

I remember when the Republican Party was the party that was the party of the more intellectual and better educated voter.

But in the last 30 years or so the GOP has embraced some of the dumbest segments of our population in order to increase their share of the enrolled voters.

They're dummied down their message to talking points (most of them lies) to pander to the idiots' prejudices and by doing so their message is clear enough, even if it is ultimately destructive to the nation overall.

And so they're elevated anti-intellects like Limbough, Palin and Bush II as their spokesmen. They speak stupid and the stupid love them for not taxing them with facts and logic.

No nation thrives which consistently rejects intellectual merit in favor of the prejudices of its dumbest partisans. That is the road leading this nation to a third world status.

And this anti-intellectual problem isn't just with the GOP, either.

I am nearly constantly astounded at how completely stupid some of our pols (in both parties) really are.

Cunning politically they are, perhaps, but essantially these folks are ignorant.

What kind of congress do we have that will sign onto gigantic bills that they haven't really read?

Our kind, that's what kind.

The leadership of both parties is obviously filled with bright (very bright) people, but they've abandoned the responsibility of the intelligent (to teach the ignorant and make them understand the complexity of the problems facing us) to buy more votes by pandering to the truly dangerously stupid elements of this society.

Last edited:

I bet I could drink Mr Obama under the table.

America has always had a problem with its intelligensia, but it's now so clear that both parties are pandering to the truly stupid.

I remember when the Republican Party was the party that was the party of the more intellectual and better educated voter.

But in the last 30 years or so the GOP has embraced some of the dumbest segments of our population in order to increase their share of the enrolled voters.

They're dummied down their message to talking points (most of them lies) to pander to the idiots' prejudices and by doing so their message is clear enough, even if it is ultimately destructive to the nation overall.

And so they're elevated anti-intellects like Limbough, Palin and Bush II as their spokesmen. They speak stupid and the stupid love them for not taxing them with facts and logic.

No nation thrives which consistently rejects intellectual merit in favor of the prejudices of its dumbest partisans. That is the road leading this nation to a third world status.

And this anti-intellectual problem isn't just with the GOP, either.

I am nearly constantly astounded at how completely stupid some of our pols (in both parties) really are.

Cunning politically they are, perhaps, but essantially these folks are ignorant.

What kind of congress do we have that will sign onto gigantic bills that they haven't really read?

Our kind, that's what kind.

The leadership of both parties is obviously filled with bright (very bright) people, but they've abandoned the responsibility of the intelligent (to teach the ignorant and make them understand the complexity of the problems facing us) to buy more votes by pandering to the truly dangerously stupid elements of this society.

And that is why we have the politicians in office that we have now and have had in the recent past.

I would suggest a Big Rock Traditional Ale.

trad2.jpg

Best beer in the world IMHO.

why do yall watch them talking heads? they are just trying to incite and divide?

I like to watch Fox news in the morings - especially Monday - Friday because Gretchin Carlson goes so well with a cup of coffee! At times, the other two mopes on Fox and Friends can be pretty funny.

When it comes to news though, I really wish they would just tell what happened and let me make up my own mind about things - here's an example of what I'm talking about:

This morning a man was streaking down Broad Street and tripped over a sidewalk curb and fell which caused him to break his leg. It was reported that his wife was chasing him with a frying pan. In addition, next door, a man and his wife had a loud verbal arguement on their front lawn concerning an "overly friendly association with the next door neighbor". The investigation continues.

I'm not sure just how the news would explain this but I think I can figure it out by myself. I don't need the new's account of the incident and what I should think about it. To me, this is very easy to figure out. First of all, the man was just getting out of the shower and happened to check out the lotto numbers because the newspaper was laying on his bed in the bedroom. He flipped to the lotto results page, and bingo! He had won over 10 million dollars. He was so excited that he grabbed his lotto ticket and ran out the door down the street yelling and proclaiming his good fortune. In his excitement, he forgot to get dressed. The wife, happened to be in the kitchen getting ready to fix breakfast and had the frying pan in her hand because she had just taken it out of the cabinet. She heard him proclaiming his joyful news and she followed him as he ran out the door because she wasn't about to let him go to Bermuda without her. Unfortunately, at Broad Street and 5th Street, he tripped on the curb that needed repair ever since 1998 and fell causing his injury. The next door neighbors were fighting like they always do when Billy, a 10 year old boy seems to just suddenly show up to have breakfast with them. The husband is strictly against it and the wife thinks it's sweet because she would like to get pregnant and have their first child.

Anybody who would have commented on this news story without knowing the true facts would just be putting their own twisted view of the circumstances out over the airwaves for people who don't think for themselves to talk about and pass the bogus info around at the coffee shop and around the water cooler at work.

Think for yourself people!!!

Last edited:
If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be. ~Thomas Jefferson

My biggest complaint with the news is the guest debaters.

It's always some Democratic political strategist vs. some former Republican campaign manager.

And they argue it out...talking points A attempting to drowned out talking points B.

A yelling match often ensues. It's ridiculous.

I want to see two experts on the topic, not a couple political hack ideologues regurgitating the spin they've been spoon fed by their respective parties.

My biggest complaint with the news is the guest debaters.

It's always some Democratic political strategist vs. some former Republican campaign manager.

And they argue it out...talking points A attempting to drowned out talking points B.

A yelling match often ensues. It's ridiculous.

I want to see two experts on the topic, not a couple political hack ideologues regurgitating the spin they've been spoon fed by their respective parties.

My biggest complaint about the news media, is that they do not tell it. They are a parody of the happenings in the world. They are bobbleheads and have lost any credibility whatsoever. You want news? Real news? You have to find it for yourself and piece it together piece by piece all by yourself and analyze it. Daytime TV media especially is annoying as hell. I do not watch the so called news.

I bet I could drink Mr Obama under the table.

I bet I could drink beer under Obama's table.

Weekend 'news' is always fluffy. Watch reruns of Deadliest Catch or Ice Road Truckers instead. Better yet, turn off the tube and take your dog for a walk. More flags, more fun.

Forum List

Back