Y2Kyoto: I’ll Miss The Greenland Ice Sheets

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
upload_2020-1-3_17-15-22.jpeg

Twitter

My only disappointment is that there weren’t any teams of climate “scientists” who were stuck in that part of Greenland … begging for rescue from the ICE and DEADLY cold. Those stories always … warm … my soul

Greenland's ice sheet melting seven times faster than in 1990s

Greenland’s ice sheet is melting much faster than previously thought, threatening hundreds of millions of people with inundation and bringing some of the irreversible impacts of the climate emergency much closer.

Ice is being lost from Greenland seven times faster than it was in the 1990s, and the scale and speed of ice loss is much higher than was predicted in the comprehensive studies of global climate science by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, according to data.

That means sea level rises are likely to reach 67cm by 2100, about 7cm more than the IPCC’s main prediction. Such a rate of rise will put 400 million people at risk of flooding every year, instead of the 360 million predicted by the IPCC, by the end of the century.

Still absolute zero science linking the imagined "warming" to the deminimus increase in the atmospheric trace element CO2

Snow is a thing of the past

Arctic ice free

11 years before all life on Earth end, cuz, yannow, global climate warming change

Greenland’s ice sheet is melting much faster than previously thought, threatening hundreds of millions of people with inundation and bringing some of the irreversible impacts of the climate emergency much closer.

Ice is being lost from Greenland seven times faster than it was in the 1990s, and the scale and speed of ice loss is much higher than was predicted in the comprehensive studies of global climate science by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, according to data.

That means sea level rises are likely to reach 67cm by 2100, about 7cm more than the IPCC’s main prediction. Such a rate of rise will put 400 million people at risk of flooding every year, instead of the 360 million predicted by the IPCC, by the end of the century.

You just copy/pasted your comments straight out of the article ... that's called plagiarism ... cowardly not to cite Fiona Harvey as the author of those words ... just cowardly ...

Ms. Fiona Harvey gave a citation for her data ... "Cumulative ice losses from Greenland as a whole have been close to the IPCC’s predicted rates for their high-end climate warming scenario, which forecast an additional 50 to 120 millimetres of global sea-level rise by 2100 when compared to their central estimate." -- The IMBIE Team (2019) ... two to five inches over 80 years ... be still my beating heart, 400 million folks too stupid to pile a foot of dirt up ... you must be one of these ...

Why does the lower graph show temperatures below dew point? ... that's physically impossible ...

Have you considered the possibility that it was the limit of the Dew Point Sensor?
Anything below about -74 Deg F will crash the sensors computer which goes crazy when we are at or pass theoretical maximum for cold on the earths surface. It simply has no way to calculate the dew point.

You got to know your equipments limitations...

ETA: Just checked the software package for that site and the calc table stops at -74 Deg F.. it flat lines after that... The sensor is supposed to be good to -90 Deg F. A note to Ryan to have that table extended is in order.

Last edited:
View attachment 298134

Twitter

My only disappointment is that there weren’t any teams of climate “scientists” who were stuck in that part of Greenland … begging for rescue from the ICE and DEADLY cold. Those stories always … warm … my soul
Once again we bypass theoretical maximum low temperature on earths surface by 6 deg F. This is becoming a more and more common occurrence in both hemispheres. I wish we had longer and accurate data to see how this has changed over the last 200 years.

Last edited:

How fast do you suppose it melted prior to the onset of the little ice age? We know from the GISP2 ice cores that with the exception of the little ice age, it is colder now there than it has been for most of the past 10,000 years. In your hysterics, you completely ignore the realities of the past. The present is in no way unusual, nor does it even begin to approach the limits of natural variability.

Forum List

Back