Xotoxi's Sammich Shoppe

That's as annoying as people who pronounce the "s" at the end of Illinois.

Why would you do that?

It's pronounced Illinwah.

How do you pronounce Missouri??

Depends on where you are from. Some folks say Missoura. I have family up in Kansas and they have bridges that go over cricks and they ride cicles. My brother is a transplanted Okie who has lived quite a while in St Loius now. When he forst moved there, he kept hearing someone talking about eating a park steak. He told them he was familiar with t-bones, ribeyes, new your strips, etc., but he had never heard of a park steak. The person looked at him like he was a moron and said, "park, PARK....you know, park like a pig!" Also, my Cajum sister-in-law eats with a fark.

Why would you do that?

It's pronounced Illinwah.

Depends on where you are from. Some folks say Missoura. I have family up in Kansas and they have bridges that go over cricks and they ride cicles. My brother is a transplanted Okie who has lived quite a while in St Loius now. When he forst moved there, he kept hearing someone talking about eating a park steak. He told them he was familiar with t-bones, ribeyes, new your strips, etc., but he had never heard of a park steak. The person looked at him like he was a moron and said, "park, PARK....you know, park like a pig!" Also, my Cajum sister-in-law eats with a fark.

I lived in SW Missour-E for 13 years. Being originally from the burbs north of Chicago, I have NO accent.:D

Rueben.
Home made organic corned beef.
Rye, no caraway.
Grey Poupon.
T.I. made w/ home made relish and mayo.
Organic kraut.
RCH of cayenne.
Side of yuca fries.
VAMOS !

The customer service in this place sucks.
I want to talk to the manager.

UH OH, Masquerade! Look what you've done!

ExplorePAHistory-a0c0o3-a_349.jpg

NO SAMMICH FOR YOU!!!

I lived in SW Missour-E for 13 years. Being originally from the burbs north of Chicago, I have NO accent.:D

Funny.......I have no accent either. I'm from Oklahoma and back in 99 I spent 10 months in Vermont on a work assignment. People would mention my "accent" and I would inform them that I had no accent. Y'all on the other hand.........uyup, ya betcha!

Funny.......I have no accent either. I'm from Oklahoma and back in 99 I spent 10 months in Vermont on a work assignment. People would mention my "accent" and I would inform them that I had no accent. Y'all on the other hand.........uyup, ya betcha!

I don't have a wicked big New England accent, but I pronounce some words differently enough that we had debates when I went to college with some mid-westerners.

One of the prime examples is that I pronouce the words COT and CAUGHT exactly the same. Most eastern New Englanders would agree with me.

I don't have a wicked big New England accent, but I pronounce some words differently enough that we had debates when I went to college with some mid-westerners.

One of the prime examples is that I pronouce the words COT and CAUGHT exactly the same. Most eastern New Englanders would agree with me.

I have a friend from Boston, and whenever I tease him, he always gives me the damn Pilgrim speech.

The customer service in this place sucks.
I want to talk to the manager.

UH OH, Masquerade! Look what you've done!

ExplorePAHistory-a0c0o3-a_349.jpg

NO SAMMICH FOR YOU!!!

FEEL MY WRATH!!!
This is only the beginning. If you don't get my sammich ( as y'all refer to them as ) soon, I'm gonna bring down the entire town!!!

Unfortunately for you, the town is on the other side of the bridge that you just burned.

And if you try to make a boat to cross the river...beware of the crocodiles and sharks. Also the water comes from a hot spring and it is boiling.

They sound alike in Oklahoma too. How can you make them sound differently except to draw caught out longer?

They sound alike in Oklahoma too. How can you make them sound differently except to draw caught out longer?

Caught is said with an "aw" sound. Clearly different.

I have a friend from Boston, and whenever I tease him, he always gives me the damn Pilgrim speech.

My ex sister-in-law lived in DC for a while and had a roommate from Boston. Her roommate called to purchase some concert tickets uning my SIL's credit card. My SIL's last name was Dark. When her Boston roommate would say her name to the person on the other end, she'd say Dock instead or Dark. My SIL kept telling her to spell it to them. She kept waving her off telling her they knew what she was saying. When the tickets arrived by mail, they were addressed to Dock instead of Dark.

My ex sister-in-law lived in DC for a while and had a roommate from Boston. Her roommate called to purchase some concert tickets uning my SIL's credit card. My SIL's last name was Dark. When her Boston roommate would say her name to the person on the other end, she'd say Dock instead or Dark. My SIL kept telling her to spell it to them. She kept waving her off telling her they knew what she was saying. When the tickets arrived by mail, they were addressed to Dock instead of Dark.

They definitely have issues with the "r" sound. I'm surprised he can even pronounce my name.

Caught is said with an "aw" sound. Clearly different.

Then how would you pronounce cot, rot, robot, snot lot, etc. This is kind of like "about" being pronounced "aboot". How do you get oo out of ou?

Uh, excuse me, but break time is over. Go fill up the condiments and gvie me a spot sweet. Oh, and refill the guy on Table 11's ice tea NOW!

Forum List

Back