Xmas season is nearly here, sales as always will rise. Question is.....

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Will Obama try to claim it is a sign of an economic turn around? And if the seasonal hiring that happens every winter be claimed as proof of growth. Or will he admit that its a seasonal, natural spike and caution us to take the numbers with a grain of salt?

I heard on the news last night for instance that last year BestBuy hired 30000 seasonal employees. This year they are projecting to hire less than 15000.

• Banned
Lol this prediction was only off by a couple weeks. As companies gear up for the holidays UE dropped by .1% and the democrats can't scramble to their microphones fast enough.

one of the few things i hate about the xmas season is the annoying unemployed santa ringing that loud bell in front of grocers and wal-mart,,,,DING DING DING ! My ears can' take it! and Santa expects us to hand him a dollar?

well here in Florida i am pretty sure between 50-100,000 jobs should be created because of the winter season. and will it be all credited to Obama? at least the jobs wont be created by borrowing a trillion dollars from our kids.

I'm seriously thinking of buying myself a Chevy Suburban for Christmas.... those things are awesome.

• Banned
one of the few things i hate about the xmas season is the annoying unemployed santa ringing that loud bell in front of grocers and wal-mart,,,,DING DING DING ! My ears can' take it! and Santa expects us to hand him a dollar?

I gave my kids money to put in those buckets everytime I had cash on me and they were ringing the bell. We also buy food vouchers for the poor at the checkout.

I gave my kids money to put in those buckets everytime I had cash on me and they were ringing the bell. We also buy food vouchers for the poor at the checkout.

I give my favorite bar tender an extra $60 tip at Christmas time.

:booze:

• Banned

I give my favorite bar tender an extra $60 tip at Christmas time.

:booze:

Is she cute?

I'm seriously thinking of buying myself a Chevy Suburban for Christmas.... those things are awesome.

They are nice but I will NEVER buy another vehicle from bailout motors in my life.

Yeah, I should look at the Ford Expedition..... I have a Mercury Grand Marquis... best car I ever owned; but it has 188,000 miles on it. Been in the shop once in 8 years.

Will Obama try to claim it is a sign of an economic turn around? And if the seasonal hiring that happens every winter be claimed as proof of growth. Or will he admit that its a seasonal, natural spike and caution us to take the numbers with a grain of salt?

I heard on the news last night for instance that last year BestBuy hired 30000 seasonal employees. This year they are projecting to hire less than 15000.
Most economic statistics such as sales are seasonally adjusted. Reported unemployment rates are not seasonally adjusted but are available. Christmas season hiring is not that significant in terms of the unemployment rate.

I think it's gonna be a very rough Xmas season for all retailers. They will get their annual hit from Thanxgiving thru Xmas eve, but only a handful of states will do well. Like Fla,DC,Texas, and States that have a lower unemployment. But I don't expect to see retail jumping for joy in states like Michigan,Illinois and California.

Forum List

Back