Xmas gifts...little story

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Last week I hit HomeDepot after work to pick out a Wet/Dry vac for my wife; she's been asking for one for the past few (6?) months. It's her intent to attach the vac to her table saw platform in an attempt to keep sawdust levels down.

So - I pick up a 16 gallon unit - complete with detachable blower, which I intend to use at my next dyno day to help simulate 'ram air'.

Anywho, I get home and she's just about to leave the house.

"Great! I'll get to hide this big thang somewhere while she's gone!"

I bring the beast upstairs to our spare bedroom - which is chock FULL of crap...boxes and storage junk and stuff. I finagle into the walk-in closet and re-arrange things around the shop vac. I Lined up empty boxes along the facing sides of the shop vac box, and set a few boxes on top to cover things.

Fast forward to last night.

Mary mentions she wants to get started organizing the spare room. I caution her to let it be, as she might ruin her xmas surprise. She goes 'deer in the headlights' on me.

"Why? Is there a present in there for me?"

'Yeah - I put some stuff there for you, until I can wrap it.'

"Uh..." she says, "when? because I put a present for YOU in there."

d'oh.

"Last week, but I was in there today checking on it, to make sure it was still hidden okay." I tell her.

"Where in the room is it?" she asks.

"Closet."

'No way!' She starts to laugh. 'I Put YOUR present in the closet a couple days ago!'.

"As long as you stayed on the right side, because your present is on the left!" I tell her laughing.

Now she's really laughing.

"I put yours on top of some boxes on the left side!" she giggles.

Seems like I did a FINE job of disguising her ShopVac, because she's apparently set MY present right on top of it, eh? :)

Anywho - we both agreed to just stay out of the room until Xmas, when we'll go in there together and get our stuff.

:)

dmp said:
Last week I hit HomeDepot after work to pick out a Wet/Dry vac for my wife; she's been asking for one for the past few (6?) months. It's her intent to attach the vac to her table saw platform in an attempt to keep sawdust levels down.

So - I pick up a 16 gallon unit - complete with detachable blower, which I intend to use at my next dyno day to help simulate 'ram air'.

Anywho, I get home and she's just about to leave the house.

"Great! I'll get to hide this big thang somewhere while she's gone!"

I bring the beast upstairs to our spare bedroom - which is chock FULL of crap...boxes and storage junk and stuff. I finagle into the walk-in closet and re-arrange things around the shop vac. I Lined up empty boxes along the facing sides of the shop vac box, and set a few boxes on top to cover things.

Fast forward to last night.

Mary mentions she wants to get started organizing the spare room. I caution her to let it be, as she might ruin her xmas surprise. She goes 'deer in the headlights' on me.

"Why? Is there a present in there for me?"

'Yeah - I put some stuff there for you, until I can wrap it.'

"Uh..." she says, "when? because I put a present for YOU in there."

d'oh.

"Last week, but I was in there today checking on it, to make sure it was still hidden okay." I tell her.

"Where in the room is it?" she asks.

"Closet."

'No way!' She starts to laugh. 'I Put YOUR present in the closet a couple days ago!'.

"As long as you stayed on the right side, because your present is on the left!" I tell her laughing.

Now she's really laughing.

"I put yours on top of some boxes on the left side!" she giggles.

Seems like I did a FINE job of disguising her ShopVac, because she's apparently set MY present right on top of it, eh? :)

Anywho - we both agreed to just stay out of the room until Xmas, when we'll go in there together and get our stuff.

:)
There's an easy way to fix that...
STAY OUT OF THE CLOSET!!! :gay:
J/K

That's hilarious!

My husband is such a stinker about looking for his presents. I usually hide them at my mom's house. But one year I got him a leather recliner, had it delivered to our house. I put it in the basement (which must look something like your spare room), and covered it with junk. Christmas night, after he was asleep, I drug it into his office downstairs and put it together.

He was totally surprised the next morning. He said he had looked all over the basement several times, and never saw it.

Moral of the story? Junk can be very handy!

mom4 said:
That's hilarious!

My husband is such a stinker about looking for his presents. I usually hide them at my mom's house. But one year I got him a leather recliner, had it delivered to our house. I put it in the basement (which must look something like your spare room), and covered it with junk. Christmas night, after he was asleep, I drug it into his office downstairs and put it together.

He was totally surprised the next morning. He said he had looked all over the basement several times, and never saw it.

Moral of the story? Junk can be very handy!

Mom, re: your sig line, we may be reading the same book- I just read that "Merry" originally meant "Mighty", so Mighty Christmas is more accurate.

Forum List

Back