XL Pipeline: Obama's Decision

More poop flows under our cities in pipes than does oil. Farm chemicals leach into aquifers all the tiime. More shit drips from vehicle oilpans than has ever been spilled by a pipeline accident.
Oh stop belaboring the obvious facts. They don't give a shit about the truth, just their religion of a non-western subsistence society.

Nobody here is actually thinking of the other things that could happen. They can be very dangerous to people and to native animals. Maybe you may not care about the animals but other people do. I dont think Obama cares if people that dont live in this country hate him or love him. I respect his decision and stand behind him. The pipeline would put our gas at a higher price then it is now. Its not that complex.

This from a resident of the state with the 2nd highest Carbon Dioxide pollution in the country.

What "other things" are happening out your way?

Nobody here is actually thinking of the other things that could happen. They can be very dangerous to people and to native animals. Maybe you may not care about the animals but other people do. I dont think Obama cares if people that dont live in this country hate him or love him. I respect his decision and stand behind him. The pipeline would put our gas at a higher price then it is now. Its not that complex.

This from a resident of the state with the 2nd highest Carbon Dioxide pollution in the country.

What "other things" are happening out your way?

It matters where the hell I live? Im AGAINST pollution!! As if thats not clear. And I am not the one making the pollution. I do not drive a car and I do not work in fucking factories sitting on my ass polluting the world. The "other things" I was speaking about are what is listed in the next sentance. "They can be very dangerous to people and to native animals."

It matters where the hell I live? Im AGAINST pollution!!

You do realize that with every breath you take, you are contributing to the pollution problem just like a miniature, two legged coal fired power planet, right? So stop breathing long enough to be reincarnated as a plant of some sort, thereby becoming part of the solution, or accept your participation in something you claim to be against.

Obama doesn't want more access to oil, that would hamper his ability to funnel money through green energy companies..........

People don't know the whole story, and are getting caught up in this idiotic back and forth about the environment. This pipeline wasn't happening long before Obama's most recent denial was laid down. Nebraska's State legislature flipped out in special session and caused TransCanada and the related US agencies involved to begin plans on a re-route of the pipeline. TransCanada came back with an estimate of around September of 2012 before they would have a new plan ready. This pipeline business was done until then..... BUT, this was just too politically valuable to let die --- so, Congress plugged an otherwise unrelated provision into the "temporary payroll tax cut continuation act of 2011" making the President of the United States either approve or deny the permits for the pipeline AS IS. He had 60 days from the date of enactment of the law to approve or deny -- and, since even the people building the pipeline won't have a plan to review until at least September, the President had no choice but to deny the permits (the permits would have been AUTOMATICALLY APPROVED after 60 days). This is POLITICS... forcing the President into an unpopular decision during an election year. Who would have seen it coming, huh?

You do realize that with every breath you take, you are contributing to the pollution problem just like a miniature, two legged coal fired power planet, right? So stop breathing long enough to be reincarnated as a plant of some sort, thereby becoming part of the solution, or accept your participation in something you claim to be against.

I do in fact relize that. You are doing the same.
If you are, in so many words, telling me to die.. I think you need to take a good look at your life before saying such things to someone you don't know. All this for having a difference of opinions? Thats enough.

From the SF Gate dot com...

Buffett's Burlington Northern Among Pipeline Winners
Jan. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Warren Buffett's Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC is among U.S. and Canadian railroads that stand to benefit from the Obama administration's decision to reject TransCanada Corp.'s Keystone XL oil pipeline permit.

With modest expansion, railroads can handle all new oil produced in western Canada through 2030, according to an analysis of the Keystone proposal by the U.S. State Department.
I guess Buffett's secretary's tax rate is about to go up...

This was published by Bloomberg but later removed.

Last edited:

You do realize that with every breath you take, you are contributing to the pollution problem just like a miniature, two legged coal fired power planet, right?.

I do in fact relize that. You are doing the same.

Yeah, but I'm not complaining about using a perfectly natural process as an excuse to stand 4 square against someone or something else doing the same thing.

danigold said:
If you are, in so many words, telling me to die.. I think you need to take a good look at your life before saying such things to someone you don't know. All this for having a difference of opinions? Thats enough.

I am just looking for a human who isn't a raging example of hypocrisy when talking about CO2 emissions.

Here is the latest from Obama concerning the XL Pipeline.

The comments reveal an extraordinary ignorance about the subject, but then; Did I really expect anything else?

Referring to the State Department, Obama told KETV, ''They'll be giving me a report over the next several months and, you know, my general attitude is: What is best for the American people? What's best for our economy both short term and long term? But also: What's best for the health of the American people?''

''We don't want, for example, aquifers'' to be adversely affected, he said, adding, ''folks in Nebraska obviously would be directly impacted, and so we want to make sure we're taking the long view on these issues.''

''We need to encourage domestic oil and natural gas production,'' Obama continued. ''We need to make sure that we have energy security and aren't just relying on Middle East sources. But there's a way of doing that and still making sure that the health and safety of the American people and folks in Nebraska are protected, and that's how I'll be measuring these recommendations when they come to me.''

Aquifers....effected by a pipeline????

:eusa_eh:

DownstreamToday.com - News and Information for the Downstream Oil and Gas Industry
Grow a brain.

Forum List

Back