XBOX One reveal

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

Have to say I have mixed feelings about this new direction. Requiring every game to be downloaded to the hard drive and including a ONE TIME usable code to play is off putting. Means no more renting or borrowing games and with a 500g hard drive only space could become an issue for an avid gamer. If Sony follows suit, gamestop will go belly up.

Also I wasn't interested in Kinect to begin with and now it's being forced on me and it will ALWAYS be on. LOOKING INTO MY LIVING ROOM. Even when the system is powered down. Combine that with the always online scenarioand I see all kinds of problems possible down the road.

E3 is going to have to wow me or I may switch entirely to PS4 or PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...not all that impressive.
I mean...it IS a game console right? Looks like they spent - what - maybe 20% of the time talking about gaming? Course that is to be expected.
Xbox has become a major-major conduit for recorded TV and movies, and will likely increase that hold as Apple TV appears to be a bust. Roku 3 is awesome, faaar better than Apple TV and also far better than media via Xbox...no comparison. However not a whole lot of people are going to buy both.
I don't have much anticipation with Xbox One, as with most things Microsoft - a lot of marketing and hype followed by what amounts to a repackaged former self.

I love new tech and gadgets and all that stuff, but, this does not seem to offer any of that. I like my 360 and will keep on using it until it dies.

I love new tech and gadgets and all that stuff, but, this does not seem to offer any of that. I like my 360 and will keep on using it until it dies.

Same here....Jesus, the XBox platform is 12 years old now. The 360 in 2005 was also sold as a "new generation" console, but was really only a repackaged Xbox with minor hardware upgrades.
From what I see here - it is again a repackaged unit with a few hardware upgrades.

• Banned
I travel out of town for some jobs and take my xbox for something to do in the hotel. After listening to a podcast with the vp of public relations for Microsoft I learned that if you have no internet connection the box wont play games.

I understand they are trying to stop the pirated games but this is a BIG WTF momment imo.

Agree with connery. Ill stay with my Xbox 360 for now 2.
Microsoft really fucked up on this one. You need to be online once every 24 hours,or else your xbox will lock? Who came up with that idea?

I just wish I could play Halo 3 on PC.

The dust has settled...the hype has faded from memory...XBox One is pretty much getting a "so what" reaction. Reading articles about it there is a clear theme - "it's not that different" and the talk about the required internet connection gameplay.
It is truly my opinion we are seeing the very beginning of the end of Microsoft's behemoth business.
Windows 8 is a bust, the new interface is mostly hated, office sales are down and then this.
When you look at desktop operating system market share..
2010 - 96%
2011 - $94%
2012 - $92%
2013 - 90% (so far will likely drop below 90%)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back