Xbox 360 or PS3

360 or PS3

• Total voters
X-box 360, I just dont like sony, everything of theirs seems to break the day after the waranty expires

I dunno, Microsoft is using their full evil leverage on this one. For the cost of the 20 GB hard drive, I could get a 100+ GB external hard drive for my computer. It's sick.

Hobbit said:
I dunno, Microsoft is using their full evil leverage on this one. For the cost of the 20 GB hard drive, I could get a 100+ GB external hard drive for my computer. It's sick.
but like anything else with a big name, thats what your paying for. i may have to wait for a cuople years for the price to come down, but ill have one sooner or later

Johnney said:
but like anything else with a big name, thats what your paying for. i may have to wait for a cuople years for the price to come down, but ill have one sooner or later

I consider the price of the Microsoft name to be the price you pay in headaches every time you try to use the thing. Tacking an Xbox logo on a $20-30 peripheral should not make it worth $100. That's Abercrombie and Fitch logic, and you'll never catch me dead in any of those stores.

Hobbit said:
I consider the price of the Microsoft name to be the price you pay in headaches every time you try to use the thing. Tacking an Xbox logo on a $20-30 peripheral should not make it worth $100. That's Abercrombie and Fitch logic, and you'll never catch me dead in any of those stores.
but if you wait for a couple years the price will come down. imnot about to buy a console for jsut one game. specially not when everything its going to do i already have a piece of equipment for.

deaddude said:
X-box 360, I just dont like sony, everything of theirs seems to break the day after the waranty expires

Strange you say that. Because I've owned Sony stuff for years, and I think the quality of Sony is exemplary. I never had a problem with anything Sony that I've owned.

My vote is for the PS3.

I'm still undecided in this matter.
I was loyal to PS long before Xbox was "the shit".
One thing I don't like is that game consoles are becoming more and more
like a computer except you can’t upgrade them. Why don’t they leave the
concept alone and concentrate on making better games? OBTW, the Xbox
will only be backwards compatible with the hard drive. They also said the
hard drive is supposed to be made so it can’t be duplicated, but we’ll see!

i own both xbox and ps2

prefer xbox games...speed....graphics etc.....

the sony stuff i have is quality and sony will have a few games that you won't be able to get on the 360 so....guess i will get both and give the other two to my son

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I'm still undecided in this matter.
I was loyal to PS long before Xbox was "the shit".
One thing I don't like is that game consoles are becoming more and more
like a computer except you can’t upgrade them. Why don’t they leave the
concept alone and concentrate on making better games? OBTW, the Xbox
will only be backwards compatible with the hard drive. They also said the
hard drive is supposed to be made so it can’t be duplicated, but we’ll see!

if someone wants it bad enough they are going to get it. bootleggers and the like are about a half step in front of tech security.

elephant said:
PS3 because eventually there will be GT5!

Good point. Sony in the past has also crushed the competition with the amount of quality games. PSone wasn't an elite system but probably had a better array of games than N64. PS2 is not technically as impressive as Gamecube or XBOX but they had a better game library. I don't care for the look of the new PS3 controllers though. I think if it isn't broke then don't invent something that sucks ass is always a good theory to go by. I do like the fact that XBOX is going to be working with Squaresoft but I think when it comes down to it you have to go with Sony if you are only going to pick one. Sony makes very high quality products. I don't know if Hobbit had a bad experience with a particular product but they generally make top of the line electronics.

anyone heard how much the Xbox 360 is gonna cost at launch?

There are 2 versions, the standard and special edition. The only difference (I think) is that the special edition has a hard drive and cordless controllers, and the standard version doesn't.

The standard version is going to be $300 and the special edition is going to be $400.

Dan said:
There are 2 versions, the standard and special edition. The only difference (I think) is that the special edition has a hard drive and cordless controllers, and the standard version doesn't.

The standard version is going to be $300 and the special edition is going to be $400.

Basically itll be the "Online/Hardcore Gamer" version and the "Casual/Not into games that much/The parents will buy this because its cheaper" Version.

The $300 version wont have a HD which MS has said is required to play online. You also need to have the HD to play your old XBox games on your XBox 360. So you'll have to pay another $40 for a 64mb memory Card or $100 for the 20GB HD that you could have gotten with the other pack. There are a few other extras in the $400 pack like a remote for the DVD or other multimedia function and an adjustable faceplate (though others can be bought for $20).

Either way, im not getting it till the price comes way down or a game comes out that blows me away (Halo 3 perhaps, though i dont have an XBox for Halo or Halo 2).

Dan said:

Wow. That is f'ing weak. One of the whole reasons I got an Xbox was because of the Hard Drive (God do I hate messing around with memory cards). Now I'll have to throw down almost half a grand for one? Screw that.

theim said:
Wow. That is f'ing weak. One of the whole reasons I got an Xbox was because of the Hard Drive (God do I hate messing around with memory cards). Now I'll have to throw down almost half a grand for one? Screw that.

just wait a year or so. Right now stores are trying to rip people off anyway with launch packages that start at around $600 that include crappy games that no one would ever want.

I never buy launch crap. Crappy games and all the glitches just so i can have bragging rights? I'll wait it out thank you, MS and Sony.

Forum List

Back