"X-Men: Days of Future Past", 2014 [Film Review]

phoenyx

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2016
Canada
I recently started thinking of this film I saw a while ago, in large part because of a video clip from the film which I had seen recently. The reason I decided to review it here has to do with its theme. I'm sure many would agree that the U.S. (and, by extension, the rest of the world) may be turning down a dark path in the near future.

Anyway, as can be guessed from the title, this instalment of the X-men series examines what would happen if the U.S. unquestionably becomes a police state. It also involves Time Travel. Specifically, it starts out in a dystopian future, where mutants (deemed a threat to the U.S. because of their powers) are killed on site by robots called Sentinels. And yes, this sounds a lot like the Terminator franchise, but in fairness, Sentinels came out in the X-men comics long before the first Terminator film.

What I love about the film is it gets the audience to consider the butterfly effect, how relatively small acts can snowball into massive consequences. By travelling back in time, The X-men hope to fix a world that seems unfixable. The irony is that though the story is fictional, the butterfly effect is all too real.

Here's a review of the film that I found to be quite good:
X-Men: Days of Future Past - CINEMABLEND

And here's the trailer to the film:

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back