x can't power America!

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Can someone tell me why x [be it oil, solar, wind, nuclear, or anything else] must power America? Why do we assume Maine, New Mexico, Alaska, and Florida must take their energy from some common source? Why is the most common objection to every alternative energy support to say t can't power the entire nation? Why should that been be a goal? Do we need a single food to feed everyone and a single cloth to clothe everyone?

Why does America seem so reluctant to accept that different energy sources and fuels/fuel mixtures might be suited to different areas?

The hot fathers day gift this year is a so-called "solar-power outage backup system" which retails for about $2,000. It's a pretty neat and compact setup with a solar panel on wheels and a device that looks like a generator. When you read the fine print it seems that you might run your phone on the fully charged device for about 8 hours but that's it. The point is there is no alternate energy substitute for fossil fuel at this stage in human existence. Any leftie who tells you an alternate energy invention is just around the corner should be institutionalized.

Nuclear power is of course an accepted and tested method of supplying energy to homes. Here's the deal about corn. Fossil fuel is the product of millions of years of animal and plant residue. You can't grow enough corn in a year to make a dent in America's gas supply.

Can someone tell me why x [be it oil, solar, wind, nuclear, or anything else] must power America? Why do we assume Maine, New Mexico, Alaska, and Florida must take their energy from some common source? Why is the most common objection to every alternative energy support to say t can't power the entire nation? Why should that been be a goal? Do we need a single food to feed everyone and a single cloth to clothe everyone?

Why does America seem so reluctant to accept that different energy sources and fuels/fuel mixtures might be suited to different areas?

If looked upon as an investment, one would consider diversity in lieu of putting all one's eggs in one basket, simply due to market vunderability.

The Oilocracy, however, has gone out of it's way to convince the general populace (most of who don't know how a light bulb works, mind you) that this rationale is unviable, or delusional partisanship

To analogize, we are given a dull knife, which gleefully slit our necks with, at the behest of it's owner here...

If looked upon as an investment, one would consider diversity in lieu of putting all one's eggs in one basket, simply due to market vunderability.

The Oilocracy, however, has gone out of it's way to convince the general populace (most of who don't know how a light bulb works, mind you) that this rationale is unviable, or delusional partisanship

To analogize, we are given a dull knife, which gleefully slit our necks with, at the behest of it's owner here...

"Oilocracy?"

1. Are you suggesting oil companies have suppressed the development of other resources in favor of oil, and it couldn't simply be true that oil has been the cheap & easy alternative?

2. Little electricity in the USA is produced from oil

electric_power_industry_net_generation_redesign.gif

You don't suppose the fact that our government is so heavily influenced by the Oilicacy has anything to do with that, do you?

You don't suppose the fact that our government is so heavily influenced by the Oilicacy has anything to do with that, do you?

Is this the lastest thing Maher is teaching you to parrot?

Or do you have anything to substantiate such a dumbass question.

Parrots it is then Sammy ?

Far be it for me to insinuate we have divisions created that would dictate the one being either for or against big energy originating anywhere other than from us lowly trogulites howling away from our ascii entrenchments, eh....?

Who are you talking about?

My objection to the left's demands for alternative sources to be put on line RIGHT NOW is that they're also demanding current sources to be either taken off line or taxed and regulated so heavily it's not possible to operate them.

You want a cracker?

Far be it for me to insinuate we have divisions created that would dictate the one being either for or against big energy originating anywhere other than from us lowly trogulites howling away from our ascii entrenchments, eh....?

Does that make any sense to anyone not eating magic mushrooms?

Hope you graduate soon: Sounds like the Real World will be good for you.

You want a cracker?

getting those cognitive dissonance spins, are we?

My objection to the left's demands for alternative sources to be put on line RIGHT NOW is that they're also demanding current sources to be either taken off line or taxed and regulated so heavily it's not possible to operate them.

well, i'll agree pulling oneself up via pulling another down is never a good strategy Dave, merit should stand on it's own

that said, i do believe the phenomenon isn't the penchant of partisanship, much more a capitalist influence

butcha know, only those who choose to really hear can discipher it all

well, i'll agree pulling oneself up via pulling another down is never a good strategy Dave, merit should stand on it's own

that said, i do believe the phenomenon isn't the penchant of partisanship, much more a capitalist influence

butcha know, only those who choose to really hear can discipher it all
Well, thankfully, we have YOU here, one who can really hear. :cool:

Well, thankfully, we have YOU here, one who can really hear

And I'll be here all week Dave, but let's assume for a brief moment that there aren't any factions out to zoom each other

which will mother earth run outta first?

A)Oil
B)Coal
C)Wind
D)Sun

no cheating with wiki now.....

Its a damned shame that bullshit doesn't produce more power.

They could tap into this board and power a major city.

And I'll be here all week Dave, but let's assume for a brief moment that there aren't any factions out to zoom each other

A)Oil
B)Coal
C)Wind
D)Sun

Yeah, if you want to have conversation, we can. If you want to pretend you're the only enlightened person here, have fun.

And learn how the damn quote function works. It's really quite simple.

You want a cracker?

getting those cognitive dissonance spins, are we?

"WE?"

You and your parrot?
parrot8.gif

A)Oil
B)Coal
C)Wind
D)Sun

You forgot

E) Water
F) Air
G) Fairy Farts

There's a lot the earth has: Not all of it is a practical source of energy.

Now you have something to share with your 8th grade Physical Science teacher next year.

Forum List

Back