Wyclef Jeans funny money Haitian charity...

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Wyclef Jean Charity's Funny Money - January 14, 2010

JANUARY 14--The Haiti earthquake has already triggered hundreds of thousands of donations to musician Wyclef Jean's charitable foundation, which expects to raise upwards of $1 million a day in the disaster's wake.

As seen on the following pages from the foundation's 2006 tax return, the group paid $31,200 in rent to Platinum Sound, a Manhattan recording studio owned by Jean and Jerry Duplessis, who, like Jean, is a foundation board member. A $31,200 rent payment was also made in 2007 to Platinum Sound. The rent, tax returns assure, "is priced below market value." The recording studio also was paid $100,000 in 2006 for the "musical performance services of Wyclef Jean at a benefit concert." That six-figure payout, the tax return noted, "was substantially less than market value." The return, of course, does not address why Jean needed to be paid to perform at his own charity's fundraiser. But the largest 2006 payout--a whopping $250,000--went to Telemax, S.A., a for-profit Haiti company in which Jean and Duplessis were said to "own a controlling interest."

Wyclef Jean Charity's Funny Money - January 14, 2010

JANUARY 14--The Haiti earthquake has already triggered hundreds of thousands of donations to musician Wyclef Jean's charitable foundation, which expects to raise upwards of $1 million a day in the disaster's wake.

As seen on the following pages from the foundation's 2006 tax return, the group paid $31,200 in rent to Platinum Sound, a Manhattan recording studio owned by Jean and Jerry Duplessis, who, like Jean, is a foundation board member. A $31,200 rent payment was also made in 2007 to Platinum Sound. The rent, tax returns assure, "is priced below market value." The recording studio also was paid $100,000 in 2006 for the "musical performance services of Wyclef Jean at a benefit concert." That six-figure payout, the tax return noted, "was substantially less than market value." The return, of course, does not address why Jean needed to be paid to perform at his own charity's fundraiser. But the largest 2006 payout--a whopping $250,000--went to Telemax, S.A., a for-profit Haiti company in which Jean and Duplessis were said to "own a controlling interest."

I did some research on his charity. People are saying that he is comingleing funds from the charity with his own private for profit businesses.!!:eek:

I gave to the Yele Foundation and I have been for a long time before this disaster. Wyclef has family in Haiti, has lost loved ones, to suggest that this man is misusing funds is rediculous and sick.

Personally I believe these rumors are foul play by the Red Cross which we've known for a while has some corrupt members. The Yele foundation is competition for donations and it's well known that much of the Red Cross's donations goes to "administrative activities".

Don't trust the MSM.

This is the kicker

does not address why Jean needed to be paid to perform at his own charity's fundraiser.

I donated to this charity via texting when they flashed it during the initial reports of the quake, it was only $5 but its $5 I would not have donated had I known this at the timer.

Wyclef soundin' off on who he thinks oughta be President...
:cool:
Attention! Wyclef Jean Will Now Announce Who He Wants Haiti's Next President to Be
Feb 16, 2011 – Haitian-American singer and Fugees alumnus Wyclef Jean may not be in the running to become Haiti's next president, but that's not keeping him from talking about the upcoming election.
Today on Twitter, Jean made the following announcement:

Haiti's presidential election in March is a runoff between two candidates, Michel "Sweet Micky" Martelly and former first lady Mirlande Manigat.

Last summer, Jean announced his campaign to run for president, but he was determined to be ineligible because of residency requirements. Although he is active with charities in the country, especially after the devastating earthquake in January 2010, Jean moved with his family to New York when he was 9 years old.

ABC News reports that Haiti's national election council rejected 15 candidates, including Jean's uncle, who is the Haitian ambassador to the United States. The council allowed 19 candidates to run for president. The initial round of voting in November offered no clear winner, leading to the March runoff.

Source

Forum List

Back