ringel05-albums-wwii-picture1185-bikes-and-vw-at-barraks08.jpg

ringel05-albums-wwii-picture1189-gis-in-jeeps08.jpg

ringel05-albums-wwii-picture1187-german-column08.jpg

ringel05-albums-wwii-picture1192-pk222-at-barracks08.jpg

ringel05-albums-wwii-picture1190-halftrack-and-bmw08.jpg

ringel05-albums-wwii-picture1193-stug-and-soldiers-on-road08.jpg

ringel05-albums-wwii-picture1191-mounted-ss-recon08.jpg

ringel05-albums-wwii-picture1188-german-troops-at-rest08.jpg

Nice SS cammie smocks...Wonder if they're authentic.

Authentic reproductions. We have some cheap suppliers that cut corners then we have a couple of top-notch suppliers that work off the original uniform manufacturing book. The more serious people buy from them. As a matter of fact the pictures are from an invite only event and only the best units get to play, though almost everyone knows about it and wants in. Not gonna happen!
By the way I do Wehrmacht Gebirgsjager.

I see the pictures Ringel! Nice!

Now, do they make you leave ALL modern technology back at the base point?

What battle(s) were you reenacting?

I see the pictures Ringel! Nice!

Now, do they make you leave ALL modern technology back at the base point?

What battle(s) were you reenacting?

For the most part we leave all anachronisms or simply hide them from view during public hours for those event that are open to the public. This is Nordwind aka the mini-bulge, a non-public event held in mid March.
When Patton turned north to head for Bastogne the Germans launched another offensive in the Alsace-Lorraine region. They nearly succeeded in their goals but the French cried so hard for help Ike had no choice but to divert extra troops. If the Germans had succeeded they would have split France from the allies due to the region has been fought over by both France and Germany for hundreds of years. The French threatened to end their cooperation with the allies if they did not get help. Ike wanted to pull back, let the Germans take it then drive them out after the main part of the Bulge was retaken but to the French it was a point of national honor. Thousands of GIs and french boys needlessly died because of Frances stubbornness.
The unit I represent, 2nd Gebirgsjager were destroyed in the final allied assault in this battle but allowed the main part of the German army in the area to get to safety by their sacrifice.

Authentic reproductions. We have some cheap suppliers that cut corners then we have a couple of top-notch suppliers that work off the original uniform manufacturing book. The more serious people buy from them. As a matter of fact the pictures are from an invite only event and only the best units get to play, though almost everyone knows about it and wants in. Not gonna happen!

Might I suggest TRADERS OF THE LOST SURPLUS ?

Might I suggest TRADERS OF THE LOST SURPLUS ?

A lot of us actually have authentic equipment, badges and uniforms but are mostly for show due to the cost involved.
Thanks, I'll check them out when I'm home. The server here is blocking the site.

Can't get into jackboots....Instep's too high. :)

In the field I wear Swiss mountain boots which are close copy of the German ankle boots and only cost me $12.
Otherwise I where Jack boots or my custom made officer calvary boots when I'm doing my general's gig.
I also wear custom made inserts - flat feet.
Now if you really want a work out wear the German mountain boots!

Tricouniloggingboots001small.jpg

Forum List

Back