WWII flying aces

I used to hang out with Gunther Rall when he would come for a visit with Zemke. He was an incredibly nice guy. Funny as hell too!
Those guys were completely different from what we think today. Those veterans from all the countries gathered often and were friends.

Not always. Fighter pilots in general were forgive and forget. The bomber crews though, for the most part still despise the German fighter pilots.
I read Len Deighton´s Bombers and the bomber crews´ life expectation was a few flights. They have nothing to complain, however. Among their bombs were light bombs that illuminated the bombs´ impacts for better pictures. These pictures then were used for contests and ranking. Who bombs the most women and children at night?

You are posting in the wrong area. There is already a section on Conspiracy Theories.

For the British Bombers, light bombs were the 250 lders and the heavy bombs were the bigger stuff. They all lit up the area when they went off. It's called Explosions.

You are quoting a Fiction Novel He juiced it for sales.

ROYAL AIR FORCE BOMBER COMMAND, 1942-1945. (C 4008)

I used to hang out with Gunther Rall when he would come for a visit with Zemke. He was an incredibly nice guy. Funny as hell too!
Those guys were completely different from what we think today. Those veterans from all the countries gathered often and were friends.

Don't you read your own cites? Those flares and more were dropped by Pathfinders. Usually a Mossie so the Bombers could see what they were bombing. Under a snow covered blackout situation it was more than a little difficult to see the bomb area. It had nothing to do with watching the women and children dying. It had to do with accuracy. And they were dropped prior to the bomber run.

Not always. Fighter pilots in general were forgive and forget. The bomber crews though, for the most part still despise the German fighter pilots.
I read Len Deighton´s Bombers and the bomber crews´ life expectation was a few flights. They have nothing to complain, however. Among their bombs were light bombs that illuminated the bombs´ impacts for better pictures. These pictures then were used for contests and ranking. Who bombs the most women and children at night?

You are posting in the wrong area. There is already a section on Conspiracy Theories.

For the British Bombers, light bombs were the 250 lders and the heavy bombs were the bigger stuff. They all lit up the area when they went off. It's called Explosions.

You are quoting a Fiction Novel He juiced it for sales.

ROYAL AIR FORCE BOMBER COMMAND, 1942-1945. (C 4008)

Forum List

Back