Wweeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Vince Young 31/40 269yds Passing, 3tds, 199yds Rushing on 20 carries.

Domination.

Best game ive seen in a long time. Matt Leinart wasnt at his best but still managed to put up 31/41 365yds and a TD. Bush and Lindell White ran wild. In the end it was too much Young.

The guy should call it a college career right there. Take the ride right to the NFL now.

Now I don't feel so bad about my Wolverines losing to him last year. Without Vince, that team is mediocre, though. Lindell White was burying kids. BURYING. Congrats Longhorns :)

Great game, almost equal teams competing, but on January 4, 2006, at the Rose Bowl, the Longhorns were definitely the best team and deserved to win.
Congratulations to the Texas Longhorns!

The ClayTaurus said:
Now I don't feel so bad about my Wolverines losing to him last year. Without Vince, that team is mediocre, though. Lindell White was burying kids. BURYING. Congrats Longhorns :)

Lindell White was pretty awesome until the Longhorn defense stepped up and stuffed him on 4th down. Turning point of the game. Mediocre without Vince Young?? They have so many receivers and running backs with great talent that USC had couldn't contain em all. Several teams tried to focus on stopping Young this year only to be burned by Selvin Young or Jamal Charles etc. The offensive line is probably now the undisputed best in the league and will all be first round draft picks. Vince Young is awesome but Texas is far from a one man team.

dilloduck said:

Ahhhhh. That looks so good, I want to see it again.

TEXAS #1

Now, all I need is a Rangers World Series win and I'm good.

The Longhorns did already win a National Championship in my lifetime, but I was only a year and half old so I didn't really get the full effect.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Ahhhhh. That looks so good, I want to see it again.

TEXAS #1

Now, all I need is a Rangers World Series win and I'm good.

The Longhorns did already win a National Championship in my lifetime, but I was only a year and half old so I didn't really get the full effect.

Lucky you---I gotta wait for the Vikings to win a Super Bowl. :cry:

That really was a great game. At first I didnt care who won but by the end of the game I was cheering for Vince to win it all. That game wouldnt had been nearly that close if it werent for Texas' two fumbles. Vince was a class act I thought, beating the 2 time "champs" and 2 Heisman winners while in southern California. Matt sounded like a whinny little baby after the game. :bye1:

Good job Texas, but I'm still more stoked about Wisconsin having their way with Auburn. Take that, SEC!!

Bonnie said:
I was so glad to see them beat Southern Cal. There were a few questionable calls by the refs but Im not saying a word LOL :dunno:

Oh man--the refs all need to go back to school--several questionable calls. I'm glad they balanced out so the whiners (like Matt---Vince Young is a "freakish athlete" ?) didn't pile on with excuses.

dilloduck said:
Oh man--the refs all need to go back to school--several questionable calls. I'm glad they balanced out so the whiners (like Matt---Vince Young is a "freakish athlete" ?) didn't pile on with excuses.

That one touchdown call made, you could clearly see the runners knee hit the ground before he tossed it away, I was happily surprised the coach didn't challenge that one.

Bonnie said:
That one touchdown call made, you could clearly see the runners knee hit the ground before he tossed it away, I was happily surprised the coach didn't challenge that one.
You can't challenge in college.

The officials upstairs have to call down to the field and order a review that way. But, if they hike the ball before that call comes in, the play stands.

gop_jeff said:
The officials upstairs have to call down to the field and order a review that way. But, if they hike the ball before that call comes in, the play stands.

Which Texas promptly went right to a field goal kick after that..

Bonnie said:
Which Texas promptly went right to a field goal kick after that..

nope---they tried to kick the extra point quickly and missed it.----and whoever was trying to keep the official game time was obviously using a Mickey Mouse watch.

Forum List

Back