Wtf!?!

onedomino said:
Hostility? Are you paranoid? You did not even respond to my post. With Creationism and ID, you are talking about giving students information that parrots one religion's particular faith, not scientific evidence. Have at it. But do it in private schools. There are hundreds of creation myths and explanations for the appearance of humans on Earth. Are we supposed to teach them all in Biology class? Not without scientific evidence. No religion in America has the right to impose its particular views in public schools. Fundamentalist Christians are free to teach their views, but not in public schools. America is not a theocracy.

That's kinda like saying we need to teach only godless communism in our public school civic classes because our republic has too many religious principles running through it.

ScreamingEagle said:
That's kinda like saying we need to teach only godless communism in our public school civic classes because our republic has too many religious principles running through it.
Nonsense. It has no relationship whatsoever with "saying we need to teach godless communism." No particular religion has the right to impose its beliefs in public schools. That is because hundreds of religions exist in America. No particular religion can take precedence over any other in public schools. Who is to say which religious beliefs should be taught in public schools? You, ScreamingEagle? It is well known that ID and Creationism are smoke screens for Christian Fundamentalists who want their beliefs imposed in public schools. That is not right because there are hundreds of conflicting religious beliefs that exist in America. Why would Christian Fundamentalists have any more right to impose their beliefs in public schools, than Muslims, Buddhists, Catholics, Hindus, or Taoists? What is next? Islamic beliefs taught in public schools? The United States is not a theocracy. Iran is a theocracy. The United States protects all religions and protects all citizens from unwanted imposition of any particular religion.

onedomino said:
What is next? Islamic beliefs taught in public schools?

It's already happening my friend. Which would you rather have our children learn - Islam or Christianity? Secularism or Christianity?

Erasing our Christian culture from the face of the earth here in the U.S. is how they are destroying us. Don't fall for the specious argument of keeping "religion" out of the schools. It's really a matter of WHICH religion you want exposed in the schools...because I promise, there will be one.

onedomino said:
Nonsense. It has no relationship whatsoever with "saying we need to teach godless communism." No particular religion has the right to impose its beliefs in public schools. That is because hundreds of religions exist in America. No particular religion can take precedence over any other in public schools. Who is to say which religious beliefs should be taught in public schools? You, ScreamingEagle? It is well known that ID and Creationism are smoke screens for Christian Fundamentalists who want their beliefs imposed in public schools. That is not right because there are hundreds of conflicting religious beliefs that exist in America. Why would Christian Fundamentalists have any more right to impose their beliefs in public schools, than Muslims, Buddhists, Catholics, Hindus, or Taoists? What is next? Islamic beliefs taught in public schools? The United States is not a theocracy. Iran is a theocracy. The United States protects all religions and protects all citizens from unwanted imposition of any particular religion.

Can you please list those hundreds of religions in America...must have missed this during Comparative Religion classes in Public HS 1960-1962..Also our founding Fathers based our constitution and beliefs on the Christian faith...go figure...now it is not good enough or correct enough to place before our new generation....how sad you are!

archangel said:
Can you please list those hundreds of religions in America...must have missed this during Comparative Religion classes in Public HS 1960-1962..Also our founding Fathers based our constitution and beliefs on the Christian faith...go figure...now it is not good enough or correct enough to place before our new generation....how sad you are!
Actually, I am rather happy. Look up your own list of religions. If you do not realize that there are hundreds of them, then you were in a very poor "comparative religion" class. Our founding fathers were not religious extremists who sought to impose their beliefs on others. There is freedom of religion in America. And freedom from the imposition of any particular religion.

onedomino said:
There is freedom of religion in America. And freedom from the imposition of any particular religion.

I find it hard to believe that presenting facts about biology, geology, etc. that points to the possibility of a Creator vs. the possibility of evolution is "imposition of [a] particular religion."

archangel said:
by this professor listed on the link...however these are just off shoots of established religions...not really a base religion...more along political lines....in my opinion! :bs1:

OK... so how many religions are there, dear sir? :rolleyes:

onedomino said:
Actually, I am rather happy. Look up your own list of religions. If you do not realize that there are hundreds of them, then you were in a very poor "comparative religion" class. Our founding fathers were not religious extremists who sought to impose their beliefs on others. There is freedom of religion in America. And freedom from the imposition of any particular religion.

May I ask...are you a teacher..and are you a transplant to California?Just curious! :confused:

gop_jeff said:
OK... so how many religions are there, dear sir? :rolleyes:

Base religions:Christian(Catholic,Protestant,Baptist,Mormon - off shoots)
Jewish(predesessor of Christian)
Buddist,Tao,Hindu,Isalm(debateable),Native American
These are the base religions that all others who claim to be religious gather there base...but in fact are mostly political or cultural organizations...such as those who worship Satan or withcraft...they call themselves a religion but in fact only take from established religions that what they deem appropriate to their agenda.... :moon4: <<<< could this be a religion too?

onedomino said:

Today we have freedom from the imposition of any particular religion in America? Ha! Secularism is a religion of sorts. It is being imposed all over America. Take a look at what the ACLU is accomplishing.

Freedom OF religion and freedom FROM religion are two different things.
Today we do not have freedom OF religion in our schools. Before the ACLU attacked, they used to pray in public schools. Nobody complained either. Today you get sanctioned or sued for mentioning God.

Now what we really have is freedom FROM religion in our schools - except for secularism and Islam - two very different bedfellows - but both with the goal of destroying America as we know it.

Don't fall for the false "separation of church and state" argument. Kicking any sort of religious reference out of the schools is not a form of protecting you from "religious persecution". It is one of the necessary steps to stamp out religion from American society to pave the way for a godless brave new world.

archangel said:
Base religions:Christian(Catholic,Protestant,Baptist,Mormon - off shoots)
Jewish(predesessor of Christian)
Buddist,Tao,Hindu,Isalm(debateable),Native American
These are the base religions that all others who claim to be religious gather there base...but in fact are mostly political or cultural organizations...such as those who worship Satan or withcraft...they call themselves a religion but in fact only take from established religions that what they deem appropriate to their agenda.... :moon4: <<<< could this be a religion too?

You obviously missed the vast theological differences between different sects of religions. While they may not be important to you, they are very important to the followers of that religion.

gop_jeff said:
You obviously missed the vast theological differences between different sects of religions. While they may not be important to you, they are very important to the followers of that religion.

"To be or not to be..that is the question" I named the base religions from memory without the aid of google...whether they are or are not important to me is not the issue...the issue was "Base"religions...no matter how you cut through the chase the end result is always the same...did you not learn this at West Point Lt.?

Hobbit said:
There's no more evidence for species jumping evolution than there is for intelligent design, and DNA is so complex that the idea of it being created randomly is infinitely *less* likely than a tornade hitting a junkyard is to create a 747. Even Darwin believed life couldn't have spontaneously begun, and that evolution was guided. I'd elaborate a bit more, but it's been covered and I'm lazy.

DNA is so complex that the idea of it being created randomly is infinitely *less* likely than a tornade hitting a junkyard is to create a 747. This is a cute analogy. The “Darwin’s Black Box” book by Behe advanced the idea of “irreducible complexity” as an argument for ID, but it didn’t fly any more than your 747 will. Biologists have shown that there is both an indirect and a direct way for organisms to evolve irreducibly complex systems. Systems may evolve performing one function and then become components in another, irreducibly complex function. In fact, the example Behe uses of the bacterial flagellum has been turned against his thesis as many of the proteins of which it is composed have been shown to have evolved in different roles and then combined to make the “irreducibly complex” chain of the flagellum. Behe has since retracted his assertion that irreducibly complex systems cannot evolve gradually.

I know that selection is a counter-intuitive concept; however, your analogy suggests that you mis-understand it because you make the implicit assumption that organisms evolve toward a state. There is no teleology to Darwinian selection. You are quite right to look at a 747 and conclude that it was made on purpose. You can’t look at a bacterial flagellum and assume it was made on purpose. Evolution isn’t manufacture by an Invisible Machine.

archangel said:
"To be or not to be..that is the question" I named the base religions from memory without the aid of google...whether they are or are not important to me is not the issue...the issue was "Base"religions...no matter how you cut through the chase the end result is always the same...did you not learn this at West Point Lt.?

One cuts *to* the chase, not through it. The term comes from the days of silent movies. "Language is thought," - Heidegger. Doesn't it just piss you off to be tripped up by a ranting old lady? Ha Ha!

archangel said:

Onedomino stated that hundreds of religions exist. I posted a link showing they exist. If you want to ignore the evidence, fine. The only person who brought up "base religions" was you.

mrsx said:
One cuts *to* the chase, not through it. The term comes from the days of silent movies. "Language is thought," - Heidegger. Doesn't it just piss you off to be tripped up by a ranting old lady? Ha Ha!

I was talking in military terms to my friend GOP Jeff....in the military one cuts through the chase as in enemy lines...not to the chase as in N/East maple syrup lines...there is a big difference between silent movies and actual combat..
Now go back to sleep and enjoy your weekend! :cof:

archangel said:
I was talking in military terms to my friend GOP Jeff....in the military one cuts through the chase as in enemy lines...not to the chase as in N/East maple syrup lines...there is a big difference between silent movies and actual combat..
Now go back to sleep and enjoy your weekend! :cof:
Very lame doubletalk. You just can't admit you made a mistake.

mrsx said:
Very lame doubletalk. You just can't admit you made a mistake.

:bat: :sleep: You are really boring to say the least...admit you jumped in where you had no concept of what the conversation was about...good night troll! :blah2:

Forum List

Back