WTF was Obama thinking???

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
How stupid does he have to be to acknowledge the fact that he's willing to consider new information and *gasp* possibly even alter his strategy in light of said new information. Who the hell wants a leader who's not willing to stick to his guns, even if those guns were drawn on the basis of incomplete or faulty information? If Bush has taught us anything, it's we need a decider. Someone who's capable of ignoring all new information once a decision is taken, no matter how many lives and dollars may be wasted as a result. Jeebus Obama, get with the program already!!

How stupid does he have to be to acknowledge the fact that he's willing to consider new information and *gasp* possibly even alter his strategy in light of said new information. Who the hell wants a leader who's not willing to stick to his guns, even if those guns were drawn on the basis of incomplete or faulty information? If Bush has taught us anything, it's we need a decider. Someone who's capable of ignoring all new information once a decision is taken, no matter how many lives and dollars may be wasted as a result. Jeebus Obama, get with the program already!!

Nice try at some satirical spin. This is actually one of a very limited number of reasons TO vote for him. Not even a chink on the armor of reasons NOT to vote for him, but credit where it is due.

To me, the question is whether a new position is a honest assessment and re-evaluation of the situation, or mere political expediency. If it is the former, then great; if it is the latter, then I take a negative view.

To me, the question is whether a new position is a honest assessment and re-evaluation of the situation, or mere political expediency. If it is the former, then great; if it is the latter, then I take a negative view.

It's one thing a year + out from an election to make promises in general and quite another to have to actually address specifics 5 months out. In this forinstance, I don't believe it is political expediency. It's addressing the actual situation in real terms.

I like what Stephen Colbert said about George Bush.....

"He's a man who believes on Wednesday what he believed on Monday, regardless of what happened on Tuesday."

Maybe you should reread the first post.

The thread's about Obama altering his position on withdrawing US forces from Iraq. Bush's name being mentioned doesn't make the thread about Bush.

Thing is, the people who are going to attack Obama the most are the extremists demanding an arbitrary, immediate and complete withdrawal of US forces from Iraq who actually believed that was what he was going to do.

It's not going to happen.

The troops aren't coming home for some time, no matter whom the President.

You're probably right. But I still find it amusing that Obama is being criticized for basically saying he'll keep an open mind and do his best to exercise sound judgement.

You're probably right. But I still find it amusing that Obama is being criticized for basically saying he'll keep an open mind and do his best to exercise sound judgement.

Because someone coined the term "flip flop" and it may have actually applied to one or two things but since that time partisan hacks on both sides have used it to accuse anyone of changing their mind on anything.

This isn't something be discussed between adults. It's a game of tit-for-tat between political adolescents. One side does something, the other side has to one-up them. I'm just surprised it hasn't yet progressed to drive-bys.

Who the hell wants a leader who just sticks to his guns, even when it becomes clear he is wrong. Sounds like Bush to me.

no thanks.

Because someone coined the term "flip flop" and it may have actually applied to one or two things but since that time partisan hacks on both sides have used it to accuse anyone of changing their mind on anything.

This isn't something be discussed between adults. It's a game of tit-for-tat between political adolescents. One side does something, the other side has to one-up them. I'm just surprised it hasn't yet progressed to drive-bys.

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Crypts and Bloods, baby!!!

From now on all political hacks should be forced to wear their gang colors at all times. It'd be great, they could have a large piece of bulletproof glass between Toolio (Hannity) and Skeletor (Colmes) and when Bill-O sends out a producer to "ambush" somebody it could be an actual ambush. Olbermann could sound off Countdown with "Good night and good luck ... mutha fuckahs!!!" and then Crypt walk off the stage.

It would certainly make for more interesting political punditry TV.

It's funny reading the LA times and various other leftist toilet paper. Obama doesn't flipflop; he "shifts", he "clarifies". McCain flipflops.

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Crypts and Bloods, baby!!!

From now on all political hacks should be forced to wear their gang colors at all times. It'd be great, they could have a large piece of bulletproof glass between Toolio (Hannity) and Skeletor (Colmes) and when Bill-O sends out a producer to "ambush" somebody it could be an actual ambush. Olbermann could sound off Countdown with "Good night and good luck ... mutha fuckahs!!!" and then Crypt walk off the stage.

It would certainly make for more interesting political punditry TV.

I think a kabuki theater would work pretty well, too.

kabuki-lrg.gif

The thread's about Obama altering his position on withdrawing US forces from Iraq. Bush's name being mentioned doesn't make the thread about Bush.

Thing is, the people who are going to attack Obama the most are the extremists demanding an arbitrary, immediate and complete withdrawal of US forces from Iraq who actually believed that was what he was going to do.

It's not going to happen.

Quote from the first post...

"If Bush has taught us anything, it's we need a decider. Someone who's capable of ignoring all new information once a decision is taken, no matter how many lives and dollars may be wasted as a result."

Colbert quote...

"Bush is a man who believes on Wednesday what he believed on Tuesday, regardless of what happened on Tuesday."

I was following the thread.

Forum List

Back