WTF? USMB Hospital Ward.

HortySir, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Sounds like old-time Yahoo chat!
:lol:

A/S/L??

:D

5'10"
:redface:
You should be about 175-185.
Let me guess. Your doctor recommended a "low fat" and/or a "restricted calorie" diet right?
Did he put you on those Brain Eating, (excuse me) Cholesterol Lowering Statins?

Cholesterol is fine, actually.
What tipped him off was my triglycerides.
:cool:
Like I said, I have a bag full of diet plans and meal planning guides and all sorts of misc. bullshit.

Luckily I work in a seafood restaurant and can enjoy some grilled Salmon and a cooler full of veggies to munch on

Ok, shit, ya'll

I'm sorry I mentioned it and I appreciate all the concern.

But the other names here are in more need of prayers than my fat ass.

:eusa_hand: This is serious too.

And what makes you think your fat ass is not important????

A 10% weight loss could bring your numbers down to controllable levels.... The 130 after meal read was within normal.... above 140 1 hour after a meal would have been bad....

How many times a day are you testing?

Told me I didn't have to test more than once a day, right now.
Just vary the times, so I can get a view of when I'm high and low....after meals, fasting, etc....

Hell, it was 85 when I first tested after coming home from appt.
No wonder I had a headache

Sounds like old-time Yahoo chat!

A/S/L??

:D

5'10"
:redface:
You should be about 175-185.
Let me guess. Your doctor recommended a "low fat" and/or a "restricted calorie" diet right?
Did he put you on those Brain Eating, (excuse me) Cholesterol Lowering Statins?

Cholesterol is fine, actually.
What tipped him off was my triglycerides.
Like I said, I have a bag full of diet plans and meal planning guides and all sorts of misc. bullshit.

Luckily I work in a seafood restaurant and can enjoy some grilled Salmon and a cooler full of veggies to munch on
Looks like you've got a handle on it!

Ok, shit, ya'll

I'm sorry I mentioned it and I appreciate all the concern.

But the other names here are in more need of prayers than my fat ass.

A 10% weight loss could bring your numbers down to controllable levels.... The 130 after meal read was within normal.... above 140 1 hour after a meal would have been bad....

Just vary the times, so I can get a view of when I'm high and low....after meals, fasting, etc....

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

85.... oh hell no. Now that you are on durgs... low readings are just as bad as high readings.... carry hard candy. You will know when you are getting low.... sweating, irritable, headache pale.... and you WILL fight any and all help... so watch yourself now. If you can get some juice into you with a low... juice is best.

I my opinion..... test when you wake up.... and after every meal so you can get a feel of your levels during the day....

And no more regular soda!!!!

85.... oh hell no. Now that you are on durgs... low readings are just as bad as high readings.... carry hard candy. You will know when you are getting low.... sweating, irritable, headache pale.... and you WILL fight any and all help... so watch yourself now. If you can get some juice into you with a low... juice is best.

I my opinion..... test when you wake up.... and after every meal so you can get a feel of your levels during the day....

I gave up soda a while back because of my reflux (I'll occasionally have a non-caffeinated soda, 7-Up or a ginger ale, but that's no more than a couple of times a year) and it's really not too bad. I think if you have another drink you particularly like, it helps the transition away immensely. For me, I've long been a hot tea drinker, so I basically drink that all the time. If you enjoy tea, or perhaps a less-sweet juice, or something like a Crystal Light (my roommates both drink it and like it a lot) the soda loss isn't too bad.

Soda really is horrible for you, despite being so tasty. Bad for weight, bad for teeth, bad for stomach acid, it's probably better to just pour sugar down your throat. :lol: But when you drink it all the time (as I used to) it can seem next to impossible to give up. :( I would think it's near the top of the list of things to avoid with diabetes, though! So put down the soda horty, or syrenn's gonna get violent! :eek:

I gave up soda a while back because of my reflux (I'll occasionally have a non-caffeinated soda, 7-Up or a ginger ale, but that's no more than a couple of times a year) and it's really not too bad. I think if you have another drink you particularly like, it helps the transition away immensely. For me, I've long been a hot tea drinker, so I basically drink that all the time. If you enjoy tea, or perhaps a less-sweet juice, or something like a Crystal Light (my roommates both drink it and like it a lot) the soda loss isn't too bad.

Soda really is horrible for you, despite being so tasty. Bad for weight, bad for teeth, bad for stomach acid, it's probably better to just pour sugar down your throat. :lol: But when you drink it all the time (as I used to) it can seem next to impossible to give up. :( I would think it's near the top of the list of things to avoid with diabetes, though! So put down the soda horty, or syrenn's gonna get violent! :eek:

Regular soda is a two fold hit for diabetics... it is high in sugar...and calories. The worst thing you can do when trying to loose weight is drink your calories. A diet or unsweetened beverage is a better choice..... and with diabetes its all about the choices you make.

well that just makes you a good sized man.....only a dog wants a bone....i like my men a little on the hefty side....

no taters either...take care or your dick goes limp

well that just makes you a good sized man.....only a dog wants a bone....i like my men a little on the hefty side....

no taters either...take care or your dick goes limp

Travis Tritt was asked about his plus-sized wife years back.
"Meat is for men. Bones are for dogs"

Dick theory tested last night.....no problems with that OR my tongue
:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back