WTF, This is what we believe?

ah yes the left wing MSNBC...very neutral reporting there, well maybe not :lol:

I bet foxnews.com has an article saying that they are restoring an accurate representation in the textbooks.

News articles for you Lonestar, since you're too fucking stupid to do your own research or watch the news........

Texas OKs school textbook changes - Life- msnbc.com

Texas Textbook Controversy – Texas School Book Controversy | Daily Postal

You can't form an opinion without a link and call me stupid?

Fact is the blog you provided stated Jefferson would be erased from the list of great Americans, but I've not seen that anwhere else other than the link you originally provided.

I simply wanted verification of that claim and you have failed, miserably.

All I see from you is "these changes are bad because these articles say so".

Do you not have an opinion of your own?

Can you not present an argument why YOU think these changes are bad ?

If you don't like it, as has been pointed out there are free copies of all of these documents available: simply don't use this retailer and publisher.

Exactly...speak with your wallets people :)

Exactly. The Disclaimers are there to appease someone's pocketbook, tell them with yours you aren't happy and make them choose.

And I'll add, one of the things I'm really liking about this new electronic medium age is that important documents, like the Declaration, the Constitution, and the Federalist Papers are out there free, easy to obtain, and just waiting for a new generation of tech savy young people to discover them and be inspired again.

Absolutely ridiculous to include any disclaimer

Absolutely ridiculous to pay for something available from literally hundreds of sources for free - electronically and in print. The fact that somebody was enough of a moron to shell out cash then COMPLAIN about content they should have recognized from grade school so that a disclaimer would have been included at all is more ridiculous than anything I've seen posted by any fruitcake on this board. It takes all kinds of stupid, I guess.

both the texas changes and these warnings should be removed.

I got an email about this today and thought I would easily disprove it. I have friends who send me stuff and ask if it's for real. People this is for real. Here is a disclaimer copied from a book being sold on Amazon:

"2008 Wilder Publications

This book is a product of it's time and does not reflect the same values
as it would if it were written today. Parents might wish to discuss with
their children how views on race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, and
interpersonal relations have changed since this book was written before
allowing them to read this classic work."

The name of the book?

The Constitution
The Declaration of Independence and
The Articles of Confederation

Now I understand that yes we have changed the way we think about many things, but this is taught in History classes. Anyone who wants to warn my kids about the Constitution of the United States won't see any dollars from my wallet.

Oh and here is the page on Amazon:

Amazon.com: The Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, and the Articles of Confederation (9781604592689): Books

Read it for yourself. I still can't believe it.

Yes, and Glenn Beck is the one who outed that information on his show yesterday. There are many reasons his show is so highly rated by millions of ppl...

I got an email about this today and thought I would easily disprove it. I have friends who send me stuff and ask if it's for real. People this is for real. Here is a disclaimer copied from a book being sold on Amazon:

The name of the book?

The Constitution

Now I understand that yes we have changed the way we think about many things, but this is taught in History classes. Anyone who wants to warn my kids about the Constitution of the United States won't see any dollars from my wallet.

Amazon.com: The Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, and the Articles of Confederation (9781604592689): Books

Yes, and Glenn Beck is the one who outed that information on his show yesterday. There are many reasons his show is so highly rated by millions of ppl...

Hmm. I never have seen Beck. I don't watch any talking heads. So this has got some good exposure. That's a good thing.

The name of the book?

The Constitution

So we are to belive that because Society changes...NONE of what is the basis of our entire existence as a Republic is viable any longer? And should be ignored?

Well heck...they've been doing that for decades...

The name of the book?

The Constitution

Hmm. I never have seen Beck. I don't watch any talking heads. So this has got some good exposure. That's a good thing.

Aqua Athena is correct. Beck has been on this for awhile.

The name of the book?

The Constitution

The intent was to show the disclaimer to be new : "If you had any doubts that liberals are attempting to radically change this great nation, look no further than Wilder Publications. The company, which prints the Constitution, among historical documents, includes a disclaimer that essentially states America's founding documents are no longer valid. FOX News opinion host Glenn Beck and radio talk show host Jim Quinn of The War Room with Quinn and Rose picked up on the situation and thankfully shared it with the masses. This is exactly how the Left is fundamentally trying to destroy what makes America, America."

Wilder Publications Prints Disclaimer on Constitution and Other Founding Documents

I can't understand why a historical document would get this kind of warning when other historical documents such as MEIN KAMP doesn't!

Okay you disbelieving assholes, here's the article from FOX 5 News in Atlanta........

Texas Textbook Changes Stir Controversy

Updated: Thursday, 11 Mar 2010, 12:31 PM EST
Published : Sunday, 07 Mar 2010, 6:00 PM EST

Edited by Steve Dixon

ATLANTA - The Texas Board of Education plan to change its social studies curriculum -- and changing its textbooks to reflect the new curriculum has some groups up in arms.

According to one news report, some on the board "seem to have concluded that Texas' classrooms have been infected with a liberal bias." [ Read the full report ] Thus, some want to include more conservative ideas in order to balance the standards.

Board member Don McLeroy -- in the same report (see link above) -- is said to be the sponsor of the proposed changes. McLeroy is quoted as saying in a statement that the current "standards are rife with leftist political periods and events: the populists, the progressives, the New Deal and the Great Society. Including material about the conservative resurgence of the 1980s and 1990s provides some political balance to the document."

Just what are some of the changes? In documents posted on the Texas Education Agency Website , 2nd graders would no longer have to learn about Henrietta C. King and Florence Nightengale, added is Abigail Adams. In the proposed curriculum changes for U.S. History Since 1877, out goes Susan B. Anthony and Shirley Chisholm and in comes Phyllis Schlafly.

The changes -- if approved -- will affect grades K-8 in all schools in the state. It is not clear if grades 9 -12 will also be impacted. School books in U.S. history, world history, U.S. government, economics, psychology, and sociology would have to be re-written to reflect the new changes.

Many groups -- from humanist to religious to ethnic -- have jumped in with their opinions on the issue. [ View MyFoxAustin story ]

Texas is said to be one of the largest purchasers of textbooks in the nation. Textbook publishers will have to follow Texas guidelines if they wish to continue to sell textbooks in Texas.

What impact the changes -- if adopted -- may have on other states is not known.

A vote on the proposed changes is due in May.

Texas Textbook Changes Stir Controversy | FOX 5 Atlanta | myfoxatlanta.com

So, Lonestar Dipshit?

Fuck You!

It's a verified news source that you will accept (FOX) as well as shows the bullshit changes that they made.

The vote was held last month and passed by the way.

I agree this is wacky but I wonder if some too paranoid soul is worried because in our litigious society anything is possible? Imagined being sued for printing the Constitution! But for other works who knows?

"A bit of Googling revealed that the same publisher slaps the same boilerplate language on other reprints including the Federalist Papers andThe Great Heresies by Hilaire Belloc. Do they perhaps put it on all works composed before a certain cut-off date? Wilder Publications is describedhere as in the business of “publishing print-on-demand books (mostly self-help and public domain reprints).”"

Thanks to our source weaselzippers.us/2010/06/08/wow-just-wow-wilder-publications-is-putting-warning-label-on-copies-of-the-us-constitution-declaration-of-independence-etc/

Wilder Publications Is Putting Warning Label On Copies Of The US Constitution, Declaration Of Independence, Etc | Before It's News

The name of the book?

The Constitution

I just can't believe that this is what our society here in the USA is coming to. and then the progressive me me me me me gimme gimme gimme gimme I I I I I I I I idiots actually defend this sort of shit.....
like I said before.....the trillions of dollars the liberal progressive assholes have spent trying to indoctrinate the children in America have all gone to waste....THAT reason alone is why they hate Fox News and especially Beck. They have exposed the progressive agenda to destroy this country as we know it.

Forum List

Back