wtf - Rush Arrested

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Rush Limbaugh was arrested Friday on prescription drug charges, law enforcement officials said. Limbaugh turned himself in to authorities on a warrant issued by the State Attorney's Office, said Teri Barbera, a spokeswoman for the State Attorney's Office.

The conservative radio commentator came into the jail at about 4 p.m. with his attorney Roy Black and bonded out an hour later on a $3,000 bail, Barbera said. The warrant was for fraud to conceal information to obtain prescription, Barbera said.

Black said his client and authorities reached a settlement on a single count charge of doctor shopping filed Friday by the State Attorney will be dismissed in 18 months.

Prosecutors seized Limbaugh's records after learning that he received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his Palm Beach mansion. They contend that Limbaugh engaged in "doctor shopping," or illegally deceived multiple doctors to receive overlapping prescriptions.

Limbaugh has not been charged and maintains he's innocent. He has acknowledged he became addicted to pain medication, blaming it on severe back pain, and took a five-week leave from his radio show to enter a rehabilitation program in 2003.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12536446/

GotZoom said:
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Rush Limbaugh was arrested Friday on prescription drug charges, law enforcement officials said. Limbaugh turned himself in to authorities on a warrant issued by the State Attorney's Office, said Teri Barbera, a spokeswoman for the State Attorney's Office.

The conservative radio commentator came into the jail at about 4 p.m. with his attorney Roy Black and bonded out an hour later on a $3,000 bail, Barbera said. The warrant was for fraud to conceal information to obtain prescription, Barbera said.

Black said his client and authorities reached a settlement on a single count charge of doctor shopping filed Friday by the State Attorney will be dismissed in 18 months.

Prosecutors seized Limbaugh's records after learning that he received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his Palm Beach mansion. They contend that Limbaugh engaged in "doctor shopping," or illegally deceived multiple doctors to receive overlapping prescriptions.

Limbaugh has not been charged and maintains he's innocent. He has acknowledged he became addicted to pain medication, blaming it on severe back pain, and took a five-week leave from his radio show to enter a rehabilitation program in 2003.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12536446/

Isn't Rush the one who said all drug addicts should go to jail for life?

Kathianne said:
When was that? Gotta link?

16 Dec 1994 On his daily radio show, conservative pundit Rush Limbaugh declares: "We have alcoholics and drug addicts in our society, don't we? And what do we say about them? 'Well, they can't help it. Why, it's genetic. Why, they have a disease. Why, put one thimbleful of scotch in front of them and they can die.' We totally exempt them from any control over their lives, do we not? Some athlete will spend two years snorting lines of coke. 'He can't help it. You know, it's -- it's just -- it's not -- it's -- it's genetic. These people -- they're predisposed to having this addictive syndrome. They -- they can't help.' Yeah, like that line of cocaine just happened to march into the hotel, go up to the athlete's room and put itself right there in front of him on his blotter."
5 Oct 1995 "What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/pundits/rush-limbaugh/

jillian said:
What? Have compassion for other addicts?

Like I said...I think he should get what he wanted for others.

Some people don't like Rushs' manner of exaggeration and bragadocio to make a point. Some can't even understand it. Any way--he will probably end up paying more that any first time offender so I guess you can cheer for his misfortune. Seems a bit lacking in compassion tho.

dilloduck said:
Some people don't like Rushs' manner of exaggeration and bragadocio to make a point.

You mean lies?

Some can't even understand it. Any way--he will probably end up paying more that any first time offender so I guess you can cheer for his misfortune. Seems a bit lacking in compassion tho.

No. I think someone poor jerk sentenced under the Rockefeller laws paid more than Rush ever will.

I take full responsibility for having no compassion for him. Ya reap what you sow...karma is a boomerang...and all that. He's deserving of the same compassion he has for others.

jillian said:
You mean lies?

No. I think someone poor jerk sentenced under the Rockefeller laws paid more than Rush ever will.

I take full responsibility for having no compassion for him. Ya reap what you sow...karma is a boomerang...and all that. He's deserving of the same compassion he has for others.

I hope the Florida taxpayers feel like they got thier moneys' worth. I mean Rush was one dangerous pill head. :laugh:

jillian said:
You mean lies?

What lies has Rush told? I don't care for him, but he isn't your everyday addict. He was addicted to OxyCoton. This is a highly addictive pain killer that he was prescribed by a doctor. He wasn't smoking crack or shooting up. He got hooked on an overly prescribed pain reliever. If anything, it is the doctor's fault for giving him the pills. OxyCoton is bad shit and is legal. This could very well have happened to you.

As for Rush wanting all drug addicts to go to jail for life, he never has said that. Here is the quote in which you are refering to. It is acurate, even though my source is biased as hell.

"There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995
http://www.buzzflash.com/analysis/03/10/ana03004.html

It says nothing about life. It says sent up.

Once upon a time Rush said, "a drug addict is a drug addict is a drug addict". He also said they belong in jail and that drug addicts come up with every excuse in the world to justify what they do!

Rush is an embarrasment! I take no pleasure in this opinion but the sky is blue, the grass is green and Rush is a drug addict!

Emmett said:
Once upon a time Rush said, "a drug addict is a drug addict is a drug addict". He also said they belong in jail and that drug addicts come up with every excuse in the world to justify what they do!

Rush is an embarrasment! I take no pleasure in this opinion but the sky is blue, the grass is green and Rush is a drug addict!

I disagreed with rush when he said it, and I'm glad he's seen both sides of the aisle now. I'm willing to forgive until I see him saying things that show me that he's learned nothing. I've known lots of drug addicts before, and the only drug addict I can't stand is the kind that doesn't even want to quit.

Forum List

Back