WTF. Our marines were NOT allowed Live AMMO at the embassy and now people are dead

So I open the link finally and the first thing is this:

UPDATE: A Marine spokesperson at the Pentagon denied reports that U.S. Marines defending the American embassy in Egypt were not permitted by the State Department to carry live ammunition in a statement to Fox News Thursday.

Pentagon Lt. Col. Chris Hughes told the outlet: “The ambassador and RSO (Regional Security Officer) have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. No restrictions on weapons or weapons status have been imposed. This information comes from the Det Commander at AMEMB (American Embassy) Cairo.”

Big surprise.:lol:

I for one, am shocked. :rolleyes:

However I'm going to go out on a limb and say people are still going to treat this as "possibly true".

The government never lies to cover it's ass. Unless of course, it's a Republican government. :rolleyes:

Thank you for admitting that the consulate was attacked.

Stevens was killed at the safe house, shit fer brains. This was a supposedly "secret" location that was only known to the U.S. and Libyan governments.

Unless you're saying Obama gave Al Qaeda the plans, then there is only one source, the Libyan government.

Rati, you are truly fucking stupid. Stick to the flame zone where your girlfriends can help you - you lack the intellect for political debate.

Thank you for admitting that the consulate was attacked.

Stevens was killed at the safe house, shit fer brains. This was a supposedly "secret" location that was only known to the U.S. and Libyan governments.

Unless you're saying Obama gave Al Qaeda the plans, then there is only one source, the Libyan government.

Rati, you are truly fucking stupid. Stick to the flame zone where your girlfriends can help you - you lack the intellect for political debate.
I see the problem here. You're reading comprehension skills are lacking.

UPDATE: A Marine spokesperson at the Pentagon denied reports that U.S. Marines defending the American embassy in Egypt were not permitted by the State Department to carry live ammunition in a statement to Fox News Thursday.

Pentagon Lt. Col. Chris Hughes told the outlet: “The ambassador and RSO (Regional Security Officer) have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. No restrictions on weapons or weapons status have been imposed. This information comes from the Det Commander at AMEMB (American Embassy) Cairo.”

However I'm going to go out on a limb and say people are still going to treat this as "possibly true".

The government never lies to cover it's ass. Unless of course, it's a Republican government. :rolleyes:

You should learn to accept defeat gracefully. They dispense integrity by the ounce. Get one.

You should learn to accept defeat gracefully. They dispense integrity by the ounce. Get one.

What is key is that the arms that embassy marines carry are irrelevant in this case. Stevens was under Blackwater Security.

{Two former Navy SEALS from San Diego County killed in the attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya were remembered this week by loved ones as dedicated family men and warriors.
Glen Doherty, 42, and Tyrone Woods, 41, were working a security guards for Ambassador Christopher Steven, who also was killed in Tuesday's attack. Like all SEALs, they received their initial training in Coronado. }

2 ex-SEALS killed in Libya attack remembered by friends, family - latimes.com

The 8 man Marine team arrived at the Safe House after Stevens was already dead.

Maj Alex Cross? really? Who did he write to Col. James Patterson?

Maj Alex Cross, US Marine Corps liason to the House of Representatives.

Alex Cross | LinkedIn

I understand Alex Cross is a Patterson character, but a non-fuktard could understand that a real life person could also have the name.

Anyways, it's a day later, and Major Cross has not complained about someone forging a memo from him. Therefore, we can assume the memo is genuine, and the marines did have live ammo loaded.

That means almost all of the conservatives on this thread need to 'fess up, eat some crow, and publicly apologize for the vile lying slurs they flung at Obama and liberals. Then they need to examine just why they were goddamned stupid enough to fall for such an obvious lie.

But who am I kidding? These are conservatives. They regard it as their god-given right to lie about everything and everyone, and never have to face any consequences for it. That's the #1 reason why the Republican party needs to be slapped down, because of the way they've made lying about everything standard practice in America.

Last edited:
What apology? There was no apology at all. Hate to break it to you English-language-challanged people...but "condemning" is not "apologizing" no matter how many times you lie about it.

There have been three official apologies, so far. One by the Cairo embassy, which reports directly to Obama. One by Obama himself, and one by Hillary Clinton, who reports directly to Obama.

This incompetent fool is a cluster fuck.

To the rabid-right, anything short of, "God damn you filthy Muslims! We will have your blood!", is an apology. :cuckoo:

No, they will still treat it as "definitely true". You're still new here. You'll catch on.

Alex Cross | LinkedIn

I understand Alex Cross is a Patterson character, but a non-fuktard could understand that a real life person could also have the name.
Anyways, it's a day later, and Major Cross has not complained about someone forging a memo from him. Therefore, we can assume the memo is genuine, and the marines did have live ammo loaded.

That means almost all of the conservatives on this thread need to 'fess up, eat some crow, and publicly apologize for the vile lying slurs they flung at Obama and liberals. Then they need to examine just why they were goddamned stupid enough to fall for such an obvious lie.

But who am I kidding? These are conservatives. They regard it as their god-given right to lie about everything and everyone, and never have to face any consequences for it. That's the #1 reason why the Republican party needs to be slapped down, because of the way they've made lying about everything standard practice in America.

If the memo is accurate he says there were no Marines at all in Libya!

Conservative accept defeat gracefully? You're talking about the author of the biggest self-owning thread in recent USMB history.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...abel-is-the-dumbest-poster-on-the-planet.html

:lol::lol::lol:

Dude, the "Washington Free Beacon"? Are you fucking serious???

Hmm, let's see what the "Washington Free Beacon" has to say about itself on it's own page:

The Washington Free Beacon, a project of the 501(c)4 Center for American Freedom, is a nonprofit online newspaper that began publication on February 7, 2012. Dedicated to uncovering the stories that the professional left hopes will never see the light of day, the Free Beacon produces in-depth and investigative reporting on a wide range of issues

It's a fucking right-wing PAC.

It's a propaganda outlet, started just this year.

Puh-lease.

From FoxNews:

REPORTS: Marines Not Permitted Live Ammo **UPDATE** - US Embassy Attack - Fox Nation

**UPDATE**

Marine spokesman at Pentagon Lt Col Chris Hughes says these reports are NOT true. This is on the record:

“The Ambassador and RSO have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. No restrictions on weapons or weapons status have been imposed. This information comes from the Det Commander at AMEMB Cairo.”

Read more: REPORTS: Marines Not Permitted Live Ammo **UPDATE** - US Embassy Attack - Fox Nation

Fox Guest Hypes Discredited Rumor That Marines At Cairo Embassy Were Barred From Carrying Live Ammunition
September 13, 2012

Tonight Fox allowed a guest to perpetuate a debunked myth, born on right-wing blogs, that U.S. Marines at the U.S. embassy in Cairo had been banned from carrying live ammunition, even though hours earlier the Marine Corps had dispelled that rumor.

This morning, conservative national security blog Night Watch began hyping a rumor that U.S. Ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson had banned Marines protecting the embassy in Cairo from carrying live ammunition. The unconfirmed report was quickly picked up by right-wing blogs, including Breitbart.com, The Washington Free Beacon, and Glenn Beck's TheBlaze. (As of this writing, only The Washington Free Beacon had corrected its story.)

In response, the U.S Marine Corps discredited the rumor, calling it "not accurate." From the Corps congressional liaison's memo:

The Ambassador did not impose restrictions on weapons or weapons status on the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group (MCESG) detachment. The MCESG Marines in Cairo were allowed to have live ammunition in their weapons. The Ambassador and Regional Security Officer have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. Reports of Marines not being able to have their weapons loaded per direction from the Ambassador are not accurate.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/09/13/fox-guest-hypes-discredited-rumor-that-marines/189888
Another day - another false story - another example of conservatives "shooting" before they "aim."

Even the OP's (Lovebears65) own source, The Washington Free Beacon, has retracted its story but can the same be said about the OP and the others who so willingly jumped on this "anti-Obama" bandwagon?.

Last edited:

Alex Cross | LinkedIn

If the memo is accurate he says there were no Marines at all in Libya!

There weren't. At least not on protective duty.

Forum List

Back