WTF? Obama Sharing Our Missile Secrets With Russia?

Steve Deucy was who reported it this morning.

still waiting on a real link.....

While you're waiting try looking on your own.

I'm on my Blackberry at work.

not my problem, i already googled your phrase "Obama giving missile technology to Russia" like i said 3 posts ago and got a bunch of conservative websites and blogs. also got a bunch of Sarah Palin quote.

your claim that he's giving secrets to Russia has no standing, no credible news source has picked up this story or published anything about it.

first, I want to know WHAT are in sections 1055 and 56....

( from the OP's link)

Limitations on Nuclear Force Reductions and Nuclear Employment Strategy: The Administration strongly objects to sections 1055 and 1056, which impinge on the President’s authority to implement the New START Treaty and to set U.S. nuclear weapons policy. In particular, section 1055 would set onerous conditions on the Administration’s ability to implement the Treaty, as well as to retire, dismantle, or eliminate non-deployed nuclear weapons. Among these conditions is the completion and operation of the next generation of nuclear facilities, which is not expected until the mid-2020s. The effect of this section would be to preclude dismantlement of weapons in excess of military needs. Additionally, it would significantly increase stewardship and management costs and divert key resources from our critical stockpile sustainment efforts and delay completion of programs necessary to support the long-term safety, security, and reliability of our nuclear deterrent. Further, section 1056 raises constitutional concerns as it appears to encroach on the President’s authority as Commander in Chief to set nuclear employment policy – a right exercised by every president in the nuclear age from both parties. If the final bill presented to the President includes these provisions, the President's senior advisors would recommend a veto

Obama: U.S. has 'reset' relations with Russia

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama declared Thursday that he and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev have "succeeded in resetting" the relationship between the former Cold War adversaries that had dipped to a dangerous low in recent years.

Obama directly acknowledged differences in some areas, such as Moscow's tensions with neighboring Georgia, but said "we addressed those differences candidly." And he announced that the U.S. and Russia had agreed to expand cooperation on intelligence and the counterterror fight and worked on strengthening economic ties between the nations.

Obama gave Russia perhaps the biggest gift it could have wanted from the meetings: an unqualified, hearty plug for Moscow's ascension to the World Trade Organization.

Obama: U.S. has 'reset' relations with Russia - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

Obama: U.S. has 'reset' relations with Russia

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama declared Thursday that he and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev have "succeeded in resetting" the relationship between the former Cold War adversaries that had dipped to a dangerous low in recent years.

Obama directly acknowledged differences in some areas, such as Moscow's tensions with neighboring Georgia, but said "we addressed those differences candidly." And he announced that the U.S. and Russia had agreed to expand cooperation on intelligence and the counterterror fight and worked on strengthening economic ties between the nations.

Obama gave Russia perhaps the biggest gift it could have wanted from the meetings: an unqualified, hearty plug for Moscow's ascension to the World Trade Organization.

Obama: U.S. has 'reset' relations with Russia - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

i still dont see how this article proves or even states that Obama is giving Russia missile secrets like the OP claims.

Never ask a question you don't know the answer to.

Obviously you didn't look very hard. I found this in 2 mins. on that conservative rag USAToday. (sarcasm intended)

The Obama administration has offered to share some missile defense technology to allay Russian concerns that a system based in Eastern Europe is aimed at them; U.S. officials say the system is designed to ward off missile threats from such rogue states as Iran and North Korea.

After a meeting last month with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, Obama said, "We committed to working together so that we can find an approach and configuration that is consistent with the security needs of both countries, that maintains the strategic balance and deals with potential threats that we both share."

LINK - Palin hits Obama on another 'WTF' policy (missile defense) - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

Obviously you didn't look very hard. I found this in 2 mins. on that conservative rag USAToday. (sarcasm intended)

The Obama administration has offered to share some missile defense technology to allay Russian concerns that a system based in Eastern Europe is aimed at them; U.S. officials say the system is designed to ward off missile threats from such rogue states as Iran and North Korea.

After a meeting last month with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, Obama said, "We committed to working together so that we can find an approach and configuration that is consistent with the security needs of both countries, that maintains the strategic balance and deals with potential threats that we both share."

LINK - Palin hits Obama on another 'WTF' policy (missile defense) - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

Thanks for posting an actual link. the issue i have with this link is that it is simply a quote from Sarah Palin and her facebook page. she is the only one who says "secrets"

the only other thing says this:

"The Obama administration has offered to share some missile defense technology to allay Russian concerns that a system based in Eastern Europe is aimed at them; U.S. officials say the system is designed to ward off missile threats from such rogue states as Iran and North Korea."

Technology and Secrets arent exactly the same thing. thats like comparing the internet to encryption. this is why i asked for an actual link, there is nothing in this article that says the Obama Administration is sharing "secrets"

Last edited:

Thanks for posting an actual link. the issue i have with this link is that it is simply a quote from Sarah Palin and her facebook page. she is the only one who says "secrets"

"The Obama administration has offered to share some missile defense technology to allay Russian concerns that a system based in Eastern Europe is aimed at them; U.S. officials say the system is designed to ward off missile threats from such rogue states as Iran and North Korea."

Technology and Secrets arent exactly the same thing. thats like comparing the internet to encryption.

They are the same. Missile technology is classified. That means they are secrets.

I used to hold a Top Secret clearance. You never share weapons technology with somebody you cannot trust. And we can't trust the Russians. If I had given a Russian agent what he's giving them I'd do about 30 years at Leavenworth.

And I posted an actual link before. You're just need somebody to rub your face in it to get you to notice it.

Last edited:

Technology and Secrets arent exactly the same thing. thats like comparing the internet to encryption.

They are the same. Missile technology is classified. That means they are secrets.

I used to hold a Top Secret clearance. You never share technology with somebody you cannot trust. And we can't trust the Russians. If I had given a Russian agent what he's giving them I'd do about 30 years at Leavenworth.

some but not all missle technology is classified, your making the argument based on a lack of information. what the technology they are sharing is the launcher? is that really that secret?

here are some mroe inforamtive links-

Inside the Ring - Washington Times

and from Woolsey...

Giving Away the Farm
The Obama administration is freely giving Russia sensitive information about missile defense that weakens U.S. national security.
BY R. JAMES WOOLSEY, REBECCAH HEINRICHS | JUNE 7, 2011

snip-

This act of congressional prudence did not come out of nowhere. The Senate debate over New START raised questions about what the Obama administration may have promised Moscow regarding U.S. missile defense plans. The debate stemmed from the treaty's preamble, which linked offensive and defensive weapons, and a Russian unilateral statement that stated ratification of the treaty was conditional on whether the United States made improvements to its missile defense systems. In a treaty about reducing offensive weapons, it was clear the Russians required the Obama administration to include U.S. defenses in the bargain.

With that issue still unresolved, Congress discovered that the administration has been working on a missile defense agreement with the Russians and that Moscow had requested that the United States share with it loads of sensitive U.S. missile defense technology and operational authority as part of that deal. In the administration's eagerness to please the Kremlin, it may just oblige.

snip-

They're right to be concerned. Tehran is thumbing its nose at Washington and doubling down on its missile program. The director of national intelligence, James Clapper, told a congressional panel in March that Iran "would likely choose missile delivery as its preferred method of delivering a nuclear weapon" and that the Islamic Republic "continues to expand the scale, reach and sophistication of its ballistic missile forces, many of which are inherently capable of carrying a nuclear payload."

Russian assistance has contributed to the progress made by Iran's nuclear and missile programs. Should the United States share critical information about its missile defenses with the Russians, a Russian entity -- official or otherwise -- could pass that information along to Tehran, enabling the Iranians to capitalize on the weaknesses in the U.S. system.

Giving Away the Farm - By R. James Woolsey and Rebeccah Heinrichs | Foreign Policy

The full capabilities of Aircraft Carriers is classified. We don't share that with Russians or anyone not a trusted friend and ally.

They don't know the actual speed they are able to attain. That is classified.

We don't share our knowledge on Underway Replenishment ether. The Russians tried to steal our technology on that back in the 70s.

You especially don't share technology with someone who is helping the Iranians start up their nuke program.

I used to hold a Top Secret clearance. You never share technology with somebody you cannot trust. And we can't trust the Russians. If I had given a Russian agent what he's giving them I'd do about 30 years at Leavenworth.

some but not all missle technology is classified, your making the argument based on a lack of information. what the technology they are sharing is the launcher? is that really that secret?

Explain what missile technology isn't classified and why would the President have to go to the effort of sharing that when it's already out there?

I think you're just making excuses in a Borg-like fashion.

The heat is on and your argument is beginning to fall apart.

Last edited:

Technology and Secrets arent exactly the same thing. thats like comparing the internet to encryption. this is why i asked for an actual link, there is nothing in this article that says the Obama Administration is sharing "secrets"
When it comes to defense, technology IS secrets.

The manuals for some of the equipment I worked on -- diesel-powered generators -- were prohibited from public release because they contained information whose export was prohibited by the Arms Control Export Act.

Saying missile defense technology is not secret is ludicrous.

mudwhistle said:
Russia is helping Iran build up their nuke program. Why in the hell is Obama trying to help them???
Because he is a blasted moron!!!!!

He doesnt give a rats tail about whats happening IN OUR COUNTRY,its been apparent for quite some time!

Forum List

Back