WTF, Marco?

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
And, trust me, I've emailed him and asked him why.
I'll update if he responds

Medicare Payments to Physicians - Passage - Vote Passed (92-8)
aNBttM2UXJKOvSXfO5yy0NYTLF-fDtoJeUTx04oauZwdal0_wLgKrtgbBCt_Q14JZIUNX9SikehfJv5NQA=s0-d-e1-ft

The Senate passed a bill that would repeal the sustainable growth rate formula and replace it with a system in which physicians could choose to participate in either a reimbursement method where their payments would be subject to adjustments based on performance or a method where they would move away from the fee-for-service structure. It would provide for a 10-year transition period under which Medicare reimbursement rates would gradually increase annually until 2020 and then remain stable for five years. The bill is cleared for the president.
aNBttM2UXJKOvSXfO5yy0NYTLF-fDtoJeUTx04oauZwdal0_wLgKrtgbBCt_Q14JZIUNX9SikehfJv5NQA=s0-d-e1-ft

Sen. Bill Nelson voted YES
Sen. Marco Rubio voted NO

Practically unanimous
These are the Nay voters:

Cruz (R-TX)
Lee (R-UT)
Perdue (R-GA)
Rubio (R-FL)
Sasse (R-NE)
Scott (R-SC)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)

Hmmmm, I wonder why he and those handful of others, voted against it?

Does his website say why he voted against it?

Hmmmm, I wonder why he and those handful of others, voted against it?

Does his website say why he voted against it?
Not that I found.
And all the articles I find on it doesn't detail reasons for opposition.
Notice Cruz and Sessions on the list......

The Senate passed a bill that would repeal the sustainable growth rate formula and replace it with a system in which physicians could choose to participate in either a reimbursement method where their payments would be subject to adjustments based on performance or a method where they would move away from the fee-for-service structure. It would provide for a 10-year transition period under which Medicare reimbursement rates would gradually increase annually until 2020 and then remain stable for five years. The bill is cleared for the president.

Sen. Marco Rubio
voted NO

Practically unanimous

Cruz (R-TX)
Lee (R-UT)
Perdue (R-GA)
Rubio (R-FL)
Sasse (R-NE)
Scott (R-SC)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
So we have now passed a law that will increase our deficit by how much? Automatically for five years. And then supposedly will remain flat for five but we all know that's bullshit. The moment that takes effect we will get a new law raising the debt again. In the mean time the actual problems with medicare are still there and not addressed. I would have voted no as well.

Sen. Marco Rubio
voted NO

Practically unanimous

Cruz (R-TX)
Lee (R-UT)
Perdue (R-GA)
Rubio (R-FL)
Sasse (R-NE)
Scott (R-SC)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
So we have now passed a law that will increase our deficit by how much? Automatically for five years. And then supposedly will remain flat for five but we all know that's bullshit. The moment that takes effect we will get a new law raising the debt again. In the mean time the actual problems with medicare are still there and not addressed. I would have voted no as well.

Good point, Mike.
I didn't look at it from that angle
:thup:

maybe the repubs should forfeit the repeal of the estate tax that is $245 billion in lost revenue over 10 years, and pay the Docs with a portion of it?

$141 billion over 10 years is the medicare doc fix cost.

Well if anyone followed obamacare from its beginnings they would know,that one way Dems cooked the books was to isolate the doctor fix and keep it out of the calculations, because they could never make the numbers work otherwise. As with everything Obama the truth only comes out after the public has been conned. Rubio and the rest probably voted against this because it blew another hole in the deficit and no programs were cut,to,pay for it. But look on the bright side, republicans actually passed what the Dems wouldn't and insured that poorer people will actually be able to see a doctor. Once again Dems have proven they don't really care about the less fortunate. I guess now we can say the republican congress is accomplishing something for the people, the libs here must be going postal. LOL

Well if anyone followed obamacare from its beginnings they would know,that one way Dems cooked the books was to isolate the doctor fix and keep it out of the calculations, because they could never make the numbers work otherwise. As with everything Obama the truth only comes out after the public has been conned. Rubio and the rest probably voted against this because it blew another hole in the deficit and no programs were cut,to,pay for it. But look on the bright side, republicans actually passed what the Dems wouldn't and insured that poorer people will actually be able to see a doctor. Once again Dems have proven they don't really care about the less fortunate. I guess now we can say the republican congress is accomplishing something for the people, the libs here must be going postal. LOL
Can't really say the bolded part, as ALL Dems voted for it.
Gives them that same ammunition against (R)s, though

Sen. Reid gives cold shoulder to Pelosi agreement on Medicare TheHill

Harry Reid could have made this happen anytime in the last six years, he didn't do it. It took republican leadership and the Dems saw the train leaving the station and could not afford to be left out. This just once again points out the smallness, the meaness, and the unpatriotic nature of the the man who was the democratic standard bearer in the senate for all of obamas term. More layers of the onion will be peeled back as time goes on and Americans will see how Harry Reid poisoned the Senate community and singlehandedly blocked progress for all Americans.

Let's see, John Bohner and Pelosi worked in a bipartisan fashion and got a near unanimous vote on the doc fix in the house and McConnell in the senate managed the same thing. This is a BIG DEAL. Where are all the deans who claim re pubs only care about the rich? Where are the right wingers who claim re pubs can't get anything done and they don't care about the regular folks? It's a bad day for liberal trolls.

Forum List

Back