WTF is wrong with the GOP leadership in Virginia?

That quote does not mention the office of the president. Even if your right its still my opinion. States rights should be about state issues. The president is for all people. What if Obama had been excluded for whatever reason in a few states. Early states say. Then because of not getting enough delegates to continue he was out of the race before you got a chance to have your voice heard. It's bullshit. Either have national standards or have the primaries run concurrently.

Our current system is old, out dated and broken. It no longer takes weeks to get vote tallys from one side of the country to the other on a fucking horse. Let's get with the times people.

I don't disagree with you. There's nothing more annoying than having to remember the specific election laws of each state that I work it. A national standard would make sense.

The thing is, primaries are run by the parties, not the state.

Yep, ripe for corruption.

Do you think primaries run by the national parties would be any less corrupt than the ones now run by the state parties?

I don't disagree with you. There's nothing more annoying than having to remember the specific election laws of each state that I work it. A national standard would make sense.

The thing is, primaries are run by the parties, not the state.

Yep, ripe for corruption.

Do you think primaries run by the national parties would be any less corrupt than the ones now run by the state parties?

Breaking the rules would seemingly be much easier when everyone isn't following the same set of rules. I'm more concerned about it being fair to all involved. Especially the voter. Local offices should not hold so much power over the choices of a NATIONAL position. Each state should be represented equally and by following the same set of rules.

Just the fact that the candidates are forced to compete for so long with so many different guidelines should explain why money has such a grip on our elections. Condense the primaries into a few days instead of months and the amount of money and influence it comes with would decrease. And ill take as much of that as I can get.

Those that follow the rules are in. Those that don't are out. They are the weakest link, goodbye.

Election of the President is up to the electors. Electors do not have to be voted on by the people. So if you don't like Virginia's method how about just having your state legislature decide who will be the electors and who they will vote for?

First they exclude EVERYONE from the ballot except Romney and Paul. And now they have approved a pledge that people voting in the GOP primary to sign saying they will support the nominee of the GOP.

Can they not see this biting them in the ass? Talk about blatant interference with the voting process. The loss of candidates could be debated despite the fact that Newt still leads in many national polls, but having people sign a pledge? Voter intimidation anyone?

Whoever is in charge of the GOP in Virginia should quickly be removed from his position. Period

So, are you saying that you're against the voter fraud the GObP is committing all over the country?

Doncha think its kinda funny that Perry is in favor of voter fraud in his own state but not the voter laws in VA? I think its a hoot.

First they exclude EVERYONE from the ballot except Romney and Paul. And now they have approved a pledge that people voting in the GOP primary to sign saying they will support the nominee of the GOP.

Can they not see this biting them in the ass? Talk about blatant interference with the voting process. The loss of candidates could be debated despite the fact that Newt still leads in many national polls, but having people sign a pledge? Voter intimidation anyone?

Whoever is in charge of the GOP in Virginia should quickly be removed from his position. Period

So, are you saying that you're against the voter fraud the GObP is committing all over the country?

Doncha think its kinda funny that Perry is in favor of voter fraud in his own state but not the voter laws in VA? I think its a hoot.

Your in the wrong thread as usual.

Hey moron, a whole bunch of DEMS just plead guilty to voter fraud.

How many rep convictions do you have?

WTF is wrong with the GOP leadership in Virginia?

Not just Virginia.

Republican Lawyers Group's Own Study Undercuts Vote Fraud Claims
A Republican National Lawyers Association effort to discredit the NAACP backfires by showing voter fraud - impersonating other voters - barely occurs.

Republican Lawyers Group's Own Study Undercuts Vote Fraud Claims | News & Politics

Republican Lawyers Group's Own Study Undercuts Vote Fraud Claims
A Republican National Lawyers Association effort to discredit the NAACP backfires by showing voter fraud - impersonating other voters - barely occurs.

Republican Lawyers Group's Own Study Undercuts Vote Fraud Claims | News & Politics
:lol:

That doesn't answer my question. It's a failed attempt to change the subject.

But, once again, a bunch of dems just confessed to the crime of voter fraud.

but that's peanuts to backing a murderer, so I guess it's meaningless by comparison.

Then get out there and run to be on your local committee and actually make change.

Felons are prohibited from holding most offices.

You're a felon?

Here Gramps, I posted this in another thread. Take a look see.

Presidential primaries; prohibits use of pledge or loyalty oath as a qualification for voter participation. Amending § 24.2-545. (Patron-Potts, SB 229)

ELECTIONS

Virginia.gov - Search Results
type in: loyalty oath
Or search for the senate bill

MeBelle,

That was a proposed bill in 2000, I don't think it was ever included in legislation that made it to the floor so it basically "died" without completion.

Virginia's Legislative tracker does not show a floor vote.

-->> LIS > Bill Tracking > SB229 > 2000 session

>>>>

Yes, that was the beginning. Here is the end.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?111+ful+CHAP0584+pdf

It states:

Requirements may include....
Not must include....
I don't have time to sift through all of VA laws to find the final amendment,
which is why I included the initial legislative work and the portal for any who would choose to search for the info themselves.

Can they not see this biting them in the ass? Talk about blatant interference with the voting process.
The Rules are the Rules!!!!
(Yeah.....even if the candidate is White. This isn't Florida.)​

"Republican Gov. Robert McDonnell said the rules are well known. "It is unfortunate that this year, for whatever reasons, some Republican candidates did not even attempt to make the Virginia ballot," his spokesman, Tucker Martin, said in a statement."

gop-quit-crying9.jpg

Missed the point. Romney sent in 16,000 signatures, Paul about 14,000, the others barely 10,000 so tough nuts when a few get scratched. If the morons can't manage a campaign then go home. Mitt got it done, Newt & Perry flunked. Welcome to the major leagues and not the bullshit league.

For the office of POTUS the rules should be the same in every state.
So....get off your lazy Teabaggin' ass and DO something about it......before 2016.

Should doesn't count.​

Here Gramps, I posted this in another thread. Take a look see.

Presidential primaries; prohibits use of pledge or loyalty oath as a qualification for voter participation. Amending § 24.2-545. (Patron-Potts, SB 229)

ELECTIONS

Virginia.gov - Search Results
type in: loyalty oath
Or search for the senate bill

MeBelle,

That was a proposed bill in 2000, I don't think it was ever included in legislation that made it to the floor so it basically "died" without completion.

Virginia's Legislative tracker does not show a floor vote.

-->> LIS > Bill Tracking > SB229 > 2000 session

>>>>

Yes, that was the beginning. Here is the end.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?111+ful+CHAP0584+pdf

It states:

Requirements may include....
Not must include....
I don't have time to sift through all of VA laws to find the final amendment,
which is why I included the initial legislative work and the portal for any who would choose to search for the info themselves.

You referred to a Senate Bill from 11-years ago that was not passed, which if passed and signed into law, would have prohibited a loyalty oath.

No you liken to this years bill and are trying to make a connection? 11-years later, really?

The legislation from 11-years ago would have prevented the oath, but this years link allows parties to include one. I don't think I've every seen a version of the law where one was required.

Inclusion has been (and continues to be) an option based on a party decision, this years GOP leaders in Virginia decided to do it. I don't see the sense in it and think it might not survive a court challenge, but at this state it is an option they can exercise if they wish. I think it's dumb, but they decided to do it.

>>>>

Last edited:
For the office of POTUS the rules should be the same in every state. The outcome of this primary will effect all of us and as such the requirements should be the same in every state.

Just my two cents.

Then you may want to contact your Congressional representatives in the House and Senate and suggest a Constitutional Amendment. Currently the United States Constitution (Article I Section 4) specifies that the times, places, and manner for the election of the Congress shall be prescribed by the State Legislatures and not by Congress. The imposition of a national standard by the Federal government would require a change to the Constitution.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......wouldn't that qualify as.....

BIG GOVERNMENT, STEPPING-IN??????

I guess Grampa Murked U forgot about that.

:eusa_whistle:

I just sent in my resignation from the Republican Party of Virginia b/c I have had enough of the RPV's heavy-handed games, tricks and gimmicks to keep control. I got interested in politics as a Tea Partier but believed one needed to work within the 2 party system after seeing what the candidacy of Ross Perot did back in the 90's. 2 years of experience has left me sick at my stomach! The 'pledge' of loyalty without a chance to write-in a candidate put me over the edge.

Mitt Romney and George Allen have been chosen for us... Anyone who doesn't realize they are being played like a fiddle by the Ruling Class of either party is a fool!
Well, ya' gotta understand......getting interested in politics should be a life-long pursuit.....not a short-term/hobby-type pursuit.....just because it could be an opportunity to get some Black-dude.​

You referred to a Senate Bill from 11-years ago that was not passed, which if passed and signed into law, would have prohibited a loyalty oath.

No you liken to this years bill and are trying to make a connection? 11-years later, really?

The legislation from 11-years ago would have prevented the oath, but this years link allows parties to include one. I don't think I've every seen a version of the law where one was required.

>>>>

Yes, I threw down the clues and portals for anyone so inclined to conclude the research for themselves.

The connection is the state code number which has been amended many times.

The word 'may' not 'must' is what is most crucial to this discussion.
However, in reviewing the posts, it appears we are saying the same thing.

>>>>

Yes, I threw down the clues and portals for anyone so inclined to conclude the research for themselves.

I did the research checking back on the bill submitted in the 2000 session which was not passed.

The connection is the state code number which has been amended many times.

There was no "connection" because the bill you linked to was not passed in law.

The word 'may' not 'must' is what is most crucial to this discussion.
However, in reviewing the posts, it appears we are saying the same thing.

True, the differentiation between "may" and "must" is important, but that's not what I pointed out.

You posted in Post #16 "Presidential primaries; prohibits use of pledge or loyalty oath as a qualification for voter participation. Amending § 24.2-545. (Patron-Potts, SB 229)". The problem is that in Post #16 you did not inform readers that that bill was never passed into law. As such, under the current law it remains legal for such a loyalty oath if the party of the primary decides to include one. The post appeared to imply that the loyalty oath was illegal, which it is not.

We agree (I assume) that the loyalty oath is probably not the best idea. We may not agree that a party requiring such a law may be unconstitutional under either the Virginia Constitution or the United States Constitution. Personally I think it may have issues under Free Speech provisions because it compels required speech to participate in the political process which is funded by tax payer dollars.

>>>>

Last edited:

Forum List

Back