WTF is wrong with cops man...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
You always hear about cops going beyond normal procedures. The tazer imo is the worst thing that has been added to a cop's arsenel. ITs non-lethal but you feel like you want to die after you get tazed. I'd rather get maced then tazed. Add that to the fact that the officers use it as a threat instead of defense. Take a look at this video.

The bad part is about mid way through when he starts to taze her.
http://www.nearlygood.com/files834000/ladytazer.wmv

He said she tried to swing at here. Two things, she obviously didnt try to swing at the cop. You can see that on video. Second, wtf is that 100lb lady going to do to those two, 250lb men that she would need to be subdued by electrocution?

Look, cops are needed but they are there to "Protect and Serve." Who the fuck is he protecting or serving by electrocuting someone for a speeding ticket? When you give cops too much leeway they will take every inch they can. You think the government takes away personal freedoms? They merely create the laws. ITs the cops, lawyers and judges that take the freedoms away.

insein said:
You always hear about cops going beyond normal procedures. The tzaer imo is the worst thing that has been added to a cop's arsenel. ITs non-lethal but you feel like you want to die after you get tazed. I'd rather get maced then tazed. Add that to the fact that the officers use it as a threat instead of defense. Take a look at this video.

He said she tried to swing at here. Two things, she obviously didnt try to swing at the cop. You can see that on video. Second, wtf is that 100lb lady going to do to those two, 250lb men that she would need to be subdued by electrocution?

Look, cops are needed but they are there to "Protect and Serve." Who the fuck is he protecting or serving by electrocuting someone for a speeding ticket? When you give cops too much leeway they will take every inch they can. You think the government takes away personal freedoms? They merely create the laws. ITs the cops, lawyers and judges that take the freedoms away.

in the singular vs the plural as you addressed this singular issue...also abuse of the weapon of choice whether a "tzaer" or firearm is a individual issue and should not be addressed to all who wear the badge! :huh:

insein said:
You always hear about cops going beyond normal procedures. The tzaer imo is the worst thing that has been added to a cop's arsenel. ITs non-lethal but you feel like you want to die after you get tazed. I'd rather get maced then tazed. Add that to the fact that the officers use it as a threat instead of defense. Take a look at this video.

You actually think the COPS were out of line?? She lipped off, didn't do as she was told, they warned her *repeatedly*, and you think they're the ones with a problem?

I think not. She got what she deserved (and should have gotten an additional fine for resisting arrest).

Are you guys serious? She is arguing with the cop. Big fucking deal. there were 2 of them there and for what? Is she some mass murderer? Is she a threat to society? Is she even a threat to the cop standing there? No she got pulled over for a speeding ticket.

How about this one.

A 68 year old woman who "disobeyed an officer's orders" gets tazered, 5 times in the police station and no one has a problem with it.
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5486903/detail.html

This is the problem i see with our society. We are so willing to give up the simple freedoms in life. When was the last time someone said, "We need less Cops" at a township meeting? In my township of Bristol, a suburb of philadelphia, it encompasses an area about 25 square miles. We have 68 cops and 47 police cars. They just signed a contract to higher 12 more cops by the end of the year. For what? Do we have an enormous crime rate? Do we have killers and drug dealers and rapists roaming the streets? NO. We have honest citizens trying to do their best to get to work on time and come home to dinner on time. Highering 12 more cops doesnt make us any safer from real crime. It just hassles the honest people more. More traffic tickets. More parking tickets. More cops sitting around doing nothing while getting paid twice as much as most people in the community make.

Doesnt anyone have a problem with this picture?

I had no problems with traffic cops here. I pull over, hand over the papers
and dont say anything else. They come back, tell me what supposely
I did wrong and let me go.I usually follow the speeding limit and am
a more relaxed driver. Fullstop at the stop sign is what they usually
put on you to check up on people. Maybe its Idaho, but they have
always been polite and never tried to stick me with tickets yet.

Tazer are a double edged sword. Cops need em to take out real bad
guys. But they use them too to intimidate and abuse normal citizens.
Seem harsh to shock that stupid lady. Its equivalent to me to beating her up with with their baton. Overkill imo. But because we still enjoy the freedom
of possessing guns I can understand the cops mindset to not take any chances and use the Tazer. I guess better awareness training for cops
might help. Dont taze kids or old people. The rest of us can simply be polite.

insein said:
Are you guys serious? She is arguing with the cop. Big fucking deal. there were 2 of them there and for what? Is she some mass murderer? Is she a threat to society? Is she even a threat to the cop standing there? No she got pulled over for a speeding ticket.

How about this one.

A 68 year old woman who "disobeyed an officer's orders" gets tazered, 5 times in the police station and no one has a problem with it.
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5486903/detail.html

This is the problem i see with our society. We are so willing to give up the simple freedoms in life. When was the last time someone said, "We need less Cops" at a township meeting? In my township of Bristol, a suburb of philadelphia, it encompasses an area about 25 square miles. We have 68 cops and 47 police cars. They just signed a contract to higher 12 more cops by the end of the year. For what? Do we have an enormous crime rate? Do we have killers and drug dealers and rapists roaming the streets? NO. We have honest citizens trying to do their best to get to work on time and come home to dinner on time. Highering 12 more cops doesnt make us any safer from real crime. It just hassles the honest people more. More traffic tickets. More parking tickets. More cops sitting around doing nothing while getting paid twice as much as most people in the community make.

Doesnt anyone have a problem with this picture?

At first glance, this might appear to be excessive force. Before passing judgement though, consider the alternatives. The cops could have used hands-on physical force to remove that woman from her car, gotten into a violent wrestling match with her resulting in possible broken bones or open wounds that might pass an infection to someone uninfected. They could have used pepper spray I guess, but that's kinda the same thing as the Taser. They could have just let her go, but then word gets out that if you make a fuss, the cops let you go, and then noone obeys traffic laws.

The taser or pepper spray for that matter makes it possible to subdue someone without having to resort to a brawl. While it may appear to be cruel, the effects are temporary and a safer procedure than a tackle with a choke hold.

There is an additional positive side effect to the taser also. I'll wager the next time that woman is pulled over she won't be so quick to mouth off and if the officer asks her to get out of the car, I'll guarantee she'll do so cooperatively.

I've been pulled over and never been treated with the respect he initially showed her, especially for her opening the door before he even gets to her window. And I never had a problem with it, because being a cop is tough. If I get caught speeding, I know I deserved it and own up to it. She's running around with a suspended license speeding, and then thinks that acting indignant is the wise choice. I hope she enjoyed the tase, it's better than a nitestick to the kidneys.

She completely disrespects him as he's trying to radio in her license plate. Then she thinks she knows the law better than an officer of it. And all throughout it he maintains excellent composure.

She wouldn't have gotten more than just a speeding ticket if she wouldn't have been a bitch from the start, but she had to be all righteous, so he tacked on the broken light and the seatbelt and the broken windshield. She instantly adopted this all cops are shit attitude and completely deserved all that she got. People like this make a cop's job so difficult.

My favorite part is when all her moaning and whining starts a dog barking.

People need to learn that if you get caught speeding, you need to accept responsability and own up to it. Not only that, but her license was suspended on top of that. She won't learn though, she'll think she got tazed cuz they were white and she was black, and she'll get pulled over again, and tazed again, because she just can't get any justice. Pathetic.

So you dont see any problems with a cop going right from talking to a person to tazing them? Hell these guys barely even attempt to talk to them. "She's unruly, gets to use my tazer." For a god damn speeding ticket. Yet when a real criminal comes along, most cops have to call for 8 other guys to help because they are too scared. I got no problem with city cops because they deal with real bullshit day in and day out, every shift they work. Suburban cops are much more of a menace to the public then a servant though and yet they add more of them every year costing the tax payers another $50k-100k per cop. No cop has a good attitude.

When i am pulled over i never say a word to the cop. Just hand him my license and insurance. He asks me what i think i did wrong i dont even acknowledge him.

Anyone ever stop to think what would happen if a cop had a problem with you? Your in a lose lose situation no matter what. The cop could say straight to your face, I'm going to beat the crap out of you and then drag your ass to jail for resisting arrest. If you try to fight back, your hunted down arrested for assault. If you dont, your arrested for assault. People seem to think that because they are cops, that they are honest people. That me be for most but certainly not all and that to me is too many cops that are a problem for society.

insein said:
So you dont see any problems with a cop going right from talking to a person to tazing them? Hell these guys barely even attempt to talk to them. "She's unruly, gets to use my tazer." For a god damn speeding ticket. Yet when a real criminal comes along, most cops have to call for 8 other guys to help because they are too scared. I got no problem with city cops because they deal with real bullshit day in and day out, every shift they work. Suburban cops are much more of a menace to the public then a servant though and yet they add more of them every year costing the tax payers another $50k-100k per cop. No cop has a good attitude.

When i am pulled over i never say a word to the cop. Just hand him my license and insurance. He asks me what i think i did wrong i dont even acknowledge him.

Anyone ever stop to think what would happen if a cop had a problem with you? Your in a lose lose situation no matter what. The cop could say straight to your face, I'm going to beat the crap out of you and then drag your ass to jail for resisting arrest. If you try to fight back, your hunted down arrested for assault. If you dont, your arrested for assault. People seem to think that because they are cops, that they are honest people. That me be for most but certainly not all and that to me is too many cops that are a problem for society.

You're letting your personal experiences blur your vision on this issue. While I will grant you that some suburban cops are overzealous, all the videos in this thread do not fall under that category. You can't even hear what the woman is saying to the cops. It's clear that if she would have been respectful to him, there would have been no problem. She would have gotten a speeding ticket, or arrested for having a suspended license, and life would have gone on. If you don't treat the people who don't get paid enough to keep you safe with respect, I have little sympathy for however they treat you after. Bottom line, she's guilty. She was speeding. She had a suspended license. She had no logical ground to put up the stink she did, besides using it later in a lawsuit to get money, or to get out of the charges by claiming abuse. It's bullshit. Just because a couple suburb cops yelled at your for skateboarding doesn't mean they're worthless, and, in this case, the cop was more than professional.

The ClayTaurus said:
You're letting your personal experiences blur your vision on this issue. While I will grant you that some suburban cops are overzealous, all the videos in this thread do not fall under that category. You can't even hear what the woman is saying to the cops. It's clear that if she would have been respectful to him, there would have been no problem. She would have gotten a speeding ticket, or arrested for having a suspended license, and life would have gone on. If you don't treat the people who don't get paid enough to keep you safe with respect, I have little sympathy for however they treat you after. Bottom line, she's guilty. She was speeding. She had a suspended license. She had no logical ground to put up the stink she did, besides using it later in a lawsuit to get money, or to get out of the charges by claiming abuse. It's bullshit. Just because a couple suburb cops yelled at your for skateboarding doesn't mean they're worthless, and, in this case, the cop was more than professional.
Do you think it's right to use force on people who "mouth off?" It kinda makes me feel like a hampster in a cage knowing that my police overlords can subdue me for little more than "mouthing off" to them.

I HAVE had a gun pulled on me and have been physically subdued by a cop for "mouthing off" before. He got physical with me before he even said anything to me. I think he was racist and was jealous of my socio-economic status so he thought he'd teach a cracka-a-lesson.

I think we definately have too much law enforcement personnel in this country. And yet a new study out by the recently kaputt 9/11 commission found that we are still not any safer than before 9/11.

What's the future going to look like? An armed gaurd on every corner? Whatever happened to the friendly neighborhood police officer from the Tom, Dick and Sally books? Now they wear combat boots and carry automatic weapons.

Hagbard Celine said:
Do you think it's right to use force on people who "mouth off?" It kinda makes me feel like a hampster in a cage knowing that my police overlords can subdue me for little more than "mouthing off" to them.

I HAVE had a gun pulled on me and have been physically subdued by a cop for "mouthing off" before. He got physical with me before he even said anything to me. I think he was racist and was jealous of my socio-economic status so he thought he'd teach a cracka-a-lesson.

I think we definately have too much law enforcement personnel in this country. And yet a new study out by the recently kaputt 9/11 commission found that we are still not any safer than before 9/11.

What's the future going to look like? An armed gaurd on every corner? Whatever happened to the friendly neighborhood police officer from the Tom, Dick and Sally books? Now they wear combat boots and carry automatic weapons.

ITs sad but i have to agree with Hagbard. Even on the racist thing. I wouldnt believe it unless ive seen it happen. Police are not the protectors of the public. They are the enforcers. 70 cops in a 25 mi radius and try to find one if you get mugged or assaulted. See how fast they point you to the "form" to fill out if your house is robbed or car is broken into. There isnt anything they can do for that unless they stumble along the person who stole it. They dont search for anything. That takes time away from handing out speeding tickets. Gotta bring in the revenue to justify the huge salaries.

The Police are not our friends anymore.

I cant believe no one sees a problem with cops electrocuting a person then arresting them for resisting arrest for mouthing off on a speeding ticket. Shouldnt the cop have a little better judgement then to go right to the tazer? The woman obviously was having a bad day or something and that only made it worse. The cop could have tried to calm her down and then just given her the ticket after that. Explain that its not the end of the world. Just show up to court and plead her case there. Instead he chose to be a big tough guy and subdue a woman half his size with a tazer. Cops are supposed to have better discretion then that. Instead i believe they are all being taught that you goto the tazer as your first resort instead of your mouth.

insein said:
I cant believe no one sees a problem with cops electrocuting a person then arresting them for resisting arrest for mouthing off on a speeding ticket. Shouldnt the cop have a little better judgement then to go right to the tazer? The woman obviously was having a bad day or something and that only made it worse. The cop could have tried to calm her down and then just given her the ticket after that. Explain that its not the end of the world. Just show up to court and plead her case there. Instead he chose to be a big tough guy and subdue a woman half his size with a tazer. Cops are supposed to have better discretion then that. Instead i believe they are all being taught that you goto the tazer as your first resort instead of your mouth.

You're kidding, right? He spent a solid 5 minutes warning her, telling her to get off her phone, etc, and she just kept smarting off, doing what she wanted to be doing..

Personally, I think you're just biased against cops in general, since all you do is complain about them - they're always wrong, never right, etc.

Here's a novel idea.. If you don't want to tangle with them, <b>don't break the law</b>.

It's illegal to speed - don't get caught.
It's illegal (and unsafe) to drive with a burned out brake light (even worse at night) - Get the thing fixed.
It's illegal to not wear your seatbelt in most states - Don't get caught, or just wear the damn thing.
It's illegal to drive with a cracked windshield - Get the thing fixed.

The cop told her to get off the phone - she was on HIS time - she needed to just get off the damn phone. He warned her a multitude of times what would happen if she didn't cooperate. She just kept arguing, and kept causing trouble, and you think the cop is the one with a problem.. Unreal..

Shattered said:
You're kidding, right? He spent a solid 5 minutes warning her, telling her to get off her phone, etc, and she just kept smarting off, doing what she wanted to be doing..

Personally, I think you're just biased against cops in general, since all you do is complain about them - they're always wrong, never right, etc.

Here's a novel idea.. If you don't want to tangle with them, <b>don't break the law</b>.

It's illegal (and unsafe) to drive with a burned out brake light (even worse at night) - Get the thing fixed.
It's illegal to not wear your seatbelt in most states - Don't get caught, or just wear the damn thing.

The cop told her to get off the phone - she was on HIS time - she needed to just get off the damn phone. He warned her a multitude of times what would happen if she didn't cooperate. She just kept arguing, and kept causing trouble, and you think the cop is the one with a problem.. Unreal..

I've been pulled over on occasion. Each time I had been, it was because of something I did. Even worse, I KNEW I did it. Once, while driving in a strange town, I ran a stop sign (I was looking for a side street and not paying attention). Another time, I was pulled over for a burnt out tail light that I had forgotten to get replaced. Yet another time, I was pulled over for not coming to a complete stop.

In all instances, I admitted to the officer I was at fault. Each time, I was let go with a friendly warning.

Whether the officer in this case used excessive force or not isn't my point. The fact is, that police officers have a job to do (and sometimes die while doing it). Just like the rest of us who are trying to earn a living, they don't need someone mouthing off to them and giving them a rough time.

Police do a job that most of us wouldn't do for ten times a police officer's salary. Basically, show them some respect, they're only human (and it's a good policy to follow when dealing with people in general). If you don't agree, there are legal means of disputing it. Also, as I learned from dealing with an ex-spouse, that some battles aren't worth fighting. Pay the ticket, say "yes officer" and be done with it.

Of course, if you drive like there's no tomorrow... you should expect to become familiar with the local law enforcement, your driving record will be less than stellar and your insurance premiums will be prohibitively high. It is possible to be a good driver... my Dad never got a traffic ticket and was involved in one minor fender bender in the 1960s and that it was the other guy's fault.

Of course, we don't live in a big city, either, but we don't live in the middle of nowhere, either. In fact, Nowhere is a suburb of Endicott, New York.

Shattered said:

And you have no problem with the cop saying that she swung at her. "Well you shouldnt have swung at me ." She didnt. The video shows that she didnt. So we can get electrocuted by a person because they have a badge and warned us that they are going to electrocute us for talking bad to them. What country is this? And the grandma, she deserved to be electrocuted too? What was her great crime? Wanting to go tell her husband she'd be awhile because she was sitting there for over an hour while he was waiting after she turned herself in for "hitting her granddaughter." The police would have never known she hit anyone had she not given herself in and then when she wants to tell her husband that hse is going to be awhile, the cop tells her to sit down or shell be electrocuted? WTF is that? Shes 68. You have her address. If she ran away for the ridiculous crime of hitting her grandaughter, you could track her down. Instead now you electrocute her and charge her with resisting arrest. She gave herself up. How was she resisting arrest?

The point is that ive seen police videos on shows like highway patrol and such where a cop had an unruly person to deal with when he gave a ticket, but the cop managed to calm the person down by "talking to them." Now this was about 10 years ago before tazers were the weapon of choice. IT seems anytime they deal with someone unruly its right to the tazer, which leads me to believe that they are trained that way now. "Here's your ticket. Got a problem with that, i'll taze ya." No common sense amongst cops anymore. Your handing out a ticket for a bullshit crime to start with and then your ruining a regular persons day by hitting them with a heavy charge (figuratively and literaly) because they are upset.

I think people have too much faith in cops. They are human beings just like the rest of us yet they act like they are on a level above us. Anytime you give a human being that much authority over other human beings it can only lead to trouble.

insein said:
And you have no problem with the cop saying that she swung at her. "Well you shouldnt have swung at me ." She didnt. The video shows that she didnt. So we can get electrocuted by a person because they have a badge and warned us that they are going to electrocute us for talking bad to them. What country is this? And the grandma, she deserved to be electrocuted too? What was her great crime? Wanting to go tell her husband she'd be awhile because she was sitting there for over an hour while he was waiting after she turned herself in for "hitting her granddaughter." The police would have never known she hit anyone had she not given herself in and then when she wants to tell her husband that hse is going to be awhile, the cop tells her to sit down or shell be electrocuted? WTF is that? Shes 68. You have her address. If she ran away for the ridiculous crime of hitting her grandaughter, you could track her down. Instead now you electrocute her and charge her with resisting arrest. She gave herself up. How was she resisting arrest?

I think people have too much faith in cops. They are human beings just like the rest of us yet they act like they are on a level above us. Anytime you give a human being that much authority over other human beings it can only lead to trouble.

You seem to have no concept of her doing anything wrong. You seem to think people should be able to say and do as they please against anyone they please. Like it or not, cops ARE in a position of authority. If you don't want that authority used against you, don't pull the crap this woman did. It's just that simple. They warned her no less than 1/2 a dozen times what would happen if she didn't do as told.

You also seem to think that all cops are the same - again, you're wrong. Perhaps it's just the ones you've had to tangle with, just because of your attitude in general toward them?

Forum List

Back