WTF Is The Point Of This Bullshit?

I did not direct my criticism at either side of the aisle. Instead, I was thinking more along the lines of "requiring female candidates to be physically attractive closes the door on far too many qualified people, and is sexist because we are more'n willing to elect fugly male candidates."

It isn't so much that some of you have entertained lusty thoughts about a candidate of either gender.....it's the subtle disenfranchising of female candidate who are hot by directing attention away from their POVs, and the undue burdening or closing out of fugly female candidates.

Such discussion also slants a party/electorate in favor of younger candidates. Few women are "hot" in the 50's or 60's, but I myself prefer a graybeard in office all things being equal.

I find the "my side has better looking women" argument just bizarre-o. Who cares? How would you know? And why are you even concerned? I also resent the "straight vs gay" debate. If you are so stupid you'd vote against a female candidate because she's a lesbian, that's on you. I'm not especially interested in listening to any hateful, homophobic remarks. WTF? Are you worried a lesbian candidate will never sleep with you? Some of you need better reality contact.

As for my slamming Palin as a parent...I sure did. But the Mods have pulled that thread, and from what I understand, once they have acted we are not supposed to discuss their reasons why in public. So all y'all who did not read it can just guess why I think Palin is a sub- sub- sub-par parent. Without further permission, I am not re-introducing that topic for debate.

I come from a state that elects dog ugly women in my opinion, but that has not hindered their elections to office. Cases in point boxer and pelosi.

But then you might soon be electing a woman for governor who looks like she got hit in the face with a frying pan. :lol:

I wish I understood the point.

I guess some people are more connected with their lusts than with whats important for their country. Which is really sad.

I did not direct my criticism at either side of the aisle. Instead, I was thinking more along the lines of "requiring female candidates to be physically attractive closes the door on far too many qualified people, and is sexist because we are more'n willing to elect fugly male candidates."

It isn't so much that some of you have entertained lusty thoughts about a candidate of either gender.....it's the subtle disenfranchising of female candidate who are hot by directing attention away from their POVs, and the undue burdening or closing out of fugly female candidates.

Such discussion also slants a party/electorate in favor of younger candidates. Few women are "hot" in the 50's or 60's, but I myself prefer a graybeard in office all things being equal.

I find the "my side has better looking women" argument just bizarre-o. Who cares? How would you know? And why are you even concerned? I also resent the "straight vs gay" debate. If you are so stupid you'd vote against a female candidate because she's a lesbian, that's on you. I'm not especially interested in listening to any hateful, homophobic remarks. WTF? Are you worried a lesbian candidate will never sleep with you? Some of you need better reality contact.

As for my slamming Palin as a parent...I sure did. But the Mods have pulled that thread, and from what I understand, once they have acted we are not supposed to discuss their reasons why in public. So all y'all who did not read it can just guess why I think Palin is a sub- sub- sub-par parent. Without further permission, I am not re-introducing that topic for debate.

I come from a state that elects dog ugly women in my opinion, but that has not hindered their elections to office. Cases in point boxer and pelosi.

But then you might soon be electing a woman for governor who looks like she got hit in the face with a frying pan. :lol:

Connie Chung is running for president?

Why am I being informed by some of you that one woman or another in politics is "hot"? Is this a quality you need/want in a political candidate? HTF is it that the nation can survive electing men as fugly as Strom Thurmond but all the chicks running for office need to inspire lust?

Do you not see that in referring to a woman as "hot" when she isn't offering romance marginalizes her and severely marginalizes the equally (or more) qualified women who are "not hot"? If we have a future Golda Meir or Margaret Thatcher in the US, you gonna ignore that talent pool because the chick doesn't wear a size 2?

Grow the fuck up, guys.

I take that as an admission you're not very hot.

Of course you do, blastoff, because let's be honest -- The World Is Just Sixth Grade On A Larger Scale. When I get through watching the Barbie Channel, me and my mean girl clique will get together to discuss how left out we feel when guys only chase 19 year olds. In short, in case sarcasm is beyond your comprehension, this comment you left was moronic.

I need more patience to cope with this site some days than others.

You do have to accept that in many cases, you're trying to talk to a group of twenty-somethings or forty-somethings-going-on-twelve.

personally i don't care what politicians look like...so long as they are good people for the office.

Why am I being informed by some of you that one woman or another in politics is "hot"? Is this a quality you need/want in a political candidate? HTF is it that the nation can survive electing men as fugly as Strom Thurmond but all the chicks running for office need to inspire lust?

Do you not see that in referring to a woman as "hot" when she isn't offering romance marginalizes her and severely marginalizes the equally (or more) qualified women who are "not hot"? If we have a future Golda Meir or Margaret Thatcher in the US, you gonna ignore that talent pool because the chick doesn't wear a size 2?

Grow the fuck up, guys.
Cut us some slack. We allowed Michelle Obama to be first lady. Proof we don't always think with our penis. :lol:

Grow the fuck up, guys.

I take that as an admission you're not very hot.

Of course you do, blastoff, because let's be honest -- The World Is Just Sixth Grade On A Larger Scale. When I get through watching the Barbie Channel, me and my mean girl clique will get together to discuss how left out we feel when guys only chase 19 year olds. In short, in case sarcasm is beyond your comprehension, this comment you left was moronic.

I need more patience to cope with this site some days than others.

One person's moronic is another person's sarcasm.

Whitman is pug-ugly, that's for sure. And I suppose she's the exception that proves the rule...but how many here on USMB attempted to defend O'Donnell by pointing out that she's attractive? How the fuck is that relevant (assuming we all agree)?

WTF do looks have to do with a woman's competence to hold public office?

Grow the fuck up, guys.

Men think with a different head than you do

Grow the fuck up, guys.

Fair enough. As long as qualified people of either gender are electable, I'm good with fantasizing about fucking your Senator.

Grow the fuck up, guys.

Being told how naughty I am is 'hot'. :eusa_angel:

Wasn't Thatcher refered to as "The Iron Maiden"? yeah, that's hot toooo :eusa_drool:

Grow the fuck up, guys.

Fair enough. As long as qualified people of either gender are electable, I'm good with fantasizing about fucking your Senator.

My Senator is Lautenberg :ack-1:

Grow the fuck up, guys.

Hey, look who's jealous that all the hot girls on are the conservative side. :eusa_whistle:

Grow the fuck up, guys.

Hey, look who's jealous that all the hot girls on are the conservative side. :eusa_whistle:

No one's accusing you of being a genius, TPS. Make your donation yet?

Forum List

Back